Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Bundaberg, Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
Hawthorn pick Brady Rowles.

Speculative, but what isn’t at this stage?

He has the ability to impact game on his day. Will want to become more consistent, but has a chance to provide much needed run for Hawthorn.

You’re up Coona Blues, but my phone won’t let me tag you

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No I am not, Jimmae list not updated
Donstuie for pick 68

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Last pick for Brisbane, reported to be redrafting plenty of delisted fellas through the rookie draft, going to grab our academy overager.
65. Keidean Coleman
31/03/2000 | 183cm/75kg | Medium Defender BRISBANE LIONS/NEAFL

AFL Draft Central bio
One of the unlucky players not to be drafted last season under the Academy system, Coleman came back to be one of Brisbane’s best during the NEAFL and has put his name back up in lights. Not only will Brisbane be keen to take him, but with his performances, other clubs will consider a bid to make the Lions earn him. Nice speed and skills, and takes the game on.

Overager who was ultra impressive in the NEAFL, what is the use of an academy if deserving players are not rewarded?

HARKER
Wanted us to bring him down to train after he went through all the drafts, and have been asking Arr0w about his progress repeatedly as I thought he was good enough to be in the system. Should have been drafted last year IMO.

Kid moved at age 10 to be able to get into a proper junior pathway, so I don't think there was any issue of homesickness or desire to make the grade. Just an absurd thing to witness.

The Dominator7

Unleash Finbar's Fury
Sep 22, 2016
D'Amico Republic
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Cubs, FC Brugge
Pick 69 - Freo - Cooper Sharman

One of the more talented but raw prospects remaining on the board. They took Sturt last year so may not go this way in the real thing but I like him from what’s left.

458DE575-F202-4868-A7F6-DB8F4694E2BC.jpeg

Over to you Jeremias

Cooper Sharman was well and truly in contention at this pick.

I think we should be looking for a young key forward to develop at VFL level over the next few years and Sharman looms as a very interesting prospect who could land pretty late come draft night.

Anyway, with him gone I am not seeing to much to get overly excited about at this pick when it comes to tall forwards. In fact you can probably extend that to all positions across the ground, at this stage you're really shooting and hoping.

I have one player left who holds a reasonable spot on my rankings but again I will bypass him as he is an inside mid without any other real strings to his bow. And I think unless you're elite at the inside stuff you're not going to be overly appealing if that's all you do.

Instead I will go for a different kid, lower down on my list but someone who does a few things well and has real scope for improvement.

Pick 70 - Carlton - Jai Jackson

+ Contested ball
+ Tackling
+ Leadership
+ Versatility

- Skills
- Decision making

I have placed a premium on skills thus far in the draft. Ash is an elite user of the football and both Garcia and Mott have very good skills.

But as we go further down the order I am prepared to be a little more relaxed about skill level if they have other standout qualities.

You are not going to pick Jackson for his skills. Much like most of his game they are just OK but certainly need a fair bit of work.

What you are picking Jackson for is his attack on the ball and the man which is first class. Has a solid frame and in time you'd think he will fill out more, but already he loves to throw his weight around.

He is primarily an inside mid at the moment. Well and truly capable of winning his own ball and has some class in traffic. Speed appears decent without being express.

What I really like is his versatility. Showed this year he has some ability to push forward and towards the end of the year started hitting the scoreboard a little more, indicating a potential growth area.

Jackson reminds me a little of Josh Caddy. Started out as purely an inside midfielder, then developed his game further and added the ability to push forward and impact the game inside the arc. And this year at 26 Caddy developed his game even further to become a very strong option out on a wing.

Has some leadership capabilities too - I believe he was vice captain of his side this year.

He is a WA boy so there is always a level of risk there. But given we've brought a fair few over in recent years I hope would be able to settle down in Melbourne without too much of a fuss.

Next up is Red Bull

SOSage Mcgovern

Debutant
Sep 7, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I think Richmond only have 5 live picks currently but for the fun of the mock draft I will pick:

73 Rich - Emerson Jeka
A versatile key position utility who can get it done up either end, Jeka
is arguably the best contested mark in the draft crop. He goes up and clunks grabs with ease, and is a long, penetrating kick when required. Given his remarkable athleticism with both speed and agility, Jeka has the traits to develop into a promising key position player once he irons out his inconsistency and adds more aggression to his game style.

He has good attributes to become a key defender rather than a forward and I see similarities to Levi Casboult. Strong hands very agile and reads the play well but struggles in front of the big sticks. Rance, Astbury and grimes will all be over 28 so in time could be paired up with Garthwaite and Hilder in the backline. Struggled with injury this year but was considered a top 5 pick 18 months ago and I think he will go higher than this in the real thing.

windows1 you're up

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Pick 71 North Melbourne.

Pass.

North over and out.

HARKER
Yup, final list spot for North was already used, good pass. :p

We'll have a much more final draft order for the next phantom.

Pick 72 - Mitch Hibberd (Williamstown)

As before, would prefer some of these guys that are a lot more plug and play than pure raw potential, we can get in the RD.

Done and over to - SOSage Mcgovern
Final pick for the Pies, but 2 more list spots, so let me know if you want the extra picks inserted into the order (not going to be quite accurate at this point, but what the hey).

I think Richmond only have 5 live picks currently but for the fun of the mock draft I will pick:

73 Rich - Emerson Jeka
A versatile key position utility who can get it done up either end, Jeka
is arguably the best contested mark in the draft crop. He goes up and clunks grabs with ease, and is a long, penetrating kick when required. Given his remarkable athleticism with both speed and agility, Jeka has the traits to develop into a promising key position player once he irons out his inconsistency and adds more aggression to his game style.

He has good attributes to become a key defender rather than a forward and I see similarities to Levi Casboult. Strong hands very agile and reads the play well but struggles in front of the big sticks. Rance, Astbury and grimes will all be over 28 so in time could be paired up with Garthwaite and Hilder in the backline. Struggled with injury this year but was considered a top 5 pick 18 months ago and I think he will go higher than this in the real thing.

windows1 you're up
My data has Richmond with 7 list spots and currently 8 picks in the draft, so you're welcome to make one more pick if you're looking to be accurate.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I didnt realise there was going to be another 😀
There's a lot of punters even in this draft who are a bit clueless outside the top 30 prospects. Normally this gets the wheels turning, and then more footage starts to appear and the wheels turn a bit more.

If the videos appear before the week's end or Monday/Tuesday next week, we should be in a good position to run another phantom. Guess we'll see how it goes?

There's a lot of punters even in this draft who are a bit clueless outside the top 30 prospects. Normally this gets the wheels turning, and then more footage starts to appear and the wheels turn a bit more.

FYI it would be almost impossible for me to know less about prospects outside the top 30 than what I know about the top 30.

And that's because..... ahem....never mind.

I only have a few more guys left on my radar.

If those go before my pick three things will happen

1) I will swear loudly in my office
2) I will downvote the posters that 'steal' my picks (I know. Savage, huh?!?!)
3) I may require more time to try and find someone else

Back