Competitions 2019 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

You have done really well mate and as a Richmond supporter i would take your selections in a heart beat . Well done
#19 Cooper Stephens
#38 Fraser Phillips
#39 Mitch Georgiades
#41 Brock Smith
#57 Dyson Hidler

Nowhere near as impressive as my haul for St Kilda :)

#51 Nick Bryan
/end

Sheer brilliance in it's purest form :p
Now, get your CV up to date, and download the job application from the CFC website.

Only if I get a free parking spot. And 20% off Carlton merch...

Ben sokol

Write up later
Pick 54 - WB

I think with Lloyd and Dickson nearing the end, the doggies will be looking for more firepower in front of goal.

Sokol is at a good age, and was a proven goal kicker in the WAFL last season.

At pick 54, it seems like a good spot for sokol to go, and fits a need for WB.

OK. We're going to move on now and hopefully LemmingMaster resurfaces at some stage.

And we're going to assume he matches any bids on academy players that come from here on.

So with that in mind I'll bid on Liam Delahunty.

I'll pick again shortly. Jimmae please update spreadsheet.

I took a bit of a gamble with my second pick.

Garcia was best available on my board. Was looking at a few others but figured I'd take a risk that at least one would slide and be available here.

Nope. I was wrong.

Riccardi was first off the board. I like him and would be happy to see him at the club next year. As it turns out I was very close to picking him at 44 but I just couldn't get my head around taking him inside the top 50 with better prospects still on the board.

I was monitoring Nick Bryan and wondering how far he would slide. I think he's a really good prospect and had Luke Jackson not been in this draft class, he'd be talked about a lot more than he has been. I absolutely do not want another ruck...but at what point does someone become too good to ignore?

And then there's Josh Honey. Sweet, sweet honey. My ultimate slider. He is barely talked about as a draftable prospect but I rate him a lot higher than that. I would have been comfortable taking him over Garcia but thought he'd be available a whole lot later in the draft. I didn't think I'd even have to consider him at this pick. So again, I reiterate, * you Coona Blues :p

So here we go again, and again I am faced with the same conundrum - needs vs best available. Next up on my draft board is an inside mid, but having taken one at my previous selection, I'm inclined to bypass.

Instead I'll go with someone who I have rated in that same cluster.

Pick 59 - Carlton - Daniel Mott

+ Skills
+ Consistency
+ Footy IQ
+ Versatility

- Athleticism

When drafting I reckon there's often a lure towards athletes rather than footballers, particularly when you get into the later rounds. People are seduced by what a player might become rather than what they are and I think sometimes players can be drafted later, or overlooked completely, as a result.

Daniel Mott is someone you would say is a footballer rather than an athlete.

If you pick him you're looking at someone who is clean, has good skills, is a consistent performer, and a smart footballer. You're getting a midfielder who has a really good balance between contested and uncontested footy but is probably more suited to an outside role given his skills.

You're certainly not recruiting an athlete. He's not particularly quick, he's not an endurance athlete, but he's a hard worker and gets into good positions.

Athletic traits can be worked on and can improve dramatically in the right environment so he appeals to me because he's got the basics down pat. And if he can get those things right I think he presents decent value here.

The Dominator7 you're up.

Pick 57 Rich: Dyson Hilder
A genuine key position defender, Hilder managed to debut across both the League
and Reserves sides for North Adelaide this year, playing a total of 13 games in the SANFL. He also provided great rebound out of defence for the Croweaters and is one of the better key position prospects in this
year’s draft. Readymade physically, he still has room to build on his game.

Didnt think he would last until pick 57 so i'm stoked i can still grab him here. A ready made replacement for Rance albeit not as agile he reads the play well and has strong hands.
Tigers would also be stoked to get him here, I'm thinking we'll grab him at 38,39 or 40 though. He's more of an Astbury replacement rather than Rance

Jimmae and Jeremias - I have PM'd you my preferences for picks 62 and 67 in Dodoro's draft masterclass.

I'll pass after that, unless they're all taken by then, in which case I'm happy for a captain's call to be made. Essendon have already won this.
No problem, you're out of list spots at that point anyway. I'll just amend the order.

Hi people, best if someone else takes over from me, I am having to train a bunch of new staff at the moment and not getting free time.
After Dominator, you have the next two picks and then you're done, so if you want to chuck 3 names in a PM, let us know.

If not, we'll just get Arr0w to step in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK I think it’s me.....

Spreadsheet says I’m at pick 59 but Jeremias had that as his post....so sorry if I’ve stuffed this (again) Jimmae

Pick 60 - Fremantle select Ned Cahill

I actually wanted the Blues to select this young chap, reckon he’s got some pig and mouth about him, like all small rodents should...who better to replace Hayden Ballantyne. Other than Walters, I’m not a big fan of the smalls Freo uses forward and Matera is not exactly known for his pressure.

Lots of X factor still left in this draft but it’s dart throwing time as they all have areas that need big improvement to make it at the level.

A3930834-0F62-4347-85AC-7A04C6419D69.jpeg

LemmingMaster is up next for 2 picks unless someone is picking for him?

OK I think it’s me.....

Spreadsheet says I’m at pick 59 but Jeremias had that as his post....so sorry if I’ve stuffed this (again) Jimmae

Pick 60 - Fremantle select Ned Cahill

I actually wanted the Blues to select this young chap, reckon he’s got some pig and mouth about him, like all small rodents should...who better to replace Hayden Ballantyne. Other than Walters, I’m not a big fan of the smalls Freo uses forward and Matera is not exactly known for his pressure.

Lots of X factor still left in this draft but it’s dart throwing time as they all have areas that need big improvement to make it at the level.

View attachment 778516

LemmingMaster is up next for 2 picks unless someone is picking for him?
I was just updating the spreadsheet, you're spot on about your pick number

Hawthorn selects Jaxon Prior.

Wanted Ben Kelly here, but instead will happily pick up my second rebounding half back after Flynn Perez earlier.

Jaxon Prior will provide more speed and great disposal off the half back with the ability to control a game.

I think he fits Hawthorns style well and can develop into a quality midfielder in time.

Coona Blues you're up

Last pick for Brisbane, reported to be redrafting plenty of delisted fellas through the rookie draft, going to grab our academy overager.
65. Keidean Coleman
31/03/2000 | 183cm/75kg | Medium Defender BRISBANE LIONS/NEAFL

AFL Draft Central bio
One of the unlucky players not to be drafted last season under the Academy system, Coleman came back to be one of Brisbane’s best during the NEAFL and has put his name back up in lights. Not only will Brisbane be keen to take him, but with his performances, other clubs will consider a bid to make the Lions earn him. Nice speed and skills, and takes the game on.

Overager who was ultra impressive in the NEAFL, what is the use of an academy if deserving players are not rewarded?

HARKER

Hi people, best if someone else takes over from me, I am having to train a bunch of new staff at the moment and not getting free time.

In future years, I suggest no one hires staff just prior to the phantom draft...

Inb4 NotSureIfSerious.gif

Not going to pretend I know much from here on in and therefore looking solely at State League players.
Collingwood seem to have their midfield set, but I'm not so sure, as it could turn mellow pretty quickly should there be a demise in Pendlebury's, Beams' and Sidebottom's outputs. No guarantees in Sier nor Wiils coming on either.
Have seen a bit of this guy and his good can be quite impressive, but then something happens - form, interest, I don't know....but -

66. Frank Anderson (Northern Blues) - Collingwood.

SonOfColin You're up.

Is that your work or is that a screenie? If its a screenshot which site is that?

If it's your work, bloody impressive.

Can’t claim credit Wickzki , it’s the afldraftcentral.com.au full draft PDF download - about 132 pages. I’ve just used the brief bio they have provided for each of my picks.

Here’s a link, see if it works for you, a very easy read and great work done by those guys - better than anything you’ll ever get out of afl.com.au or their writers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back