Position 2019 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started Martin last year along side Gawn. Only upgraded to Grundy about round 18 as my last upgrade.

Will be starting Martin again this year with Grundy.
Same here ....only reason I won't go with Martin again is his age, 32 at the start of the season .....Brisbane really do have to start a succession plan & get ruck minutes into McInerney / Smith

Gawn is 27 YO .....peak of his career ....that 91 average in 2017 was as a result of 3 x injury events

If his 2017 was so bad, why did most Coaches pick him for 2018 ? ......plus remember Melbourne has been gathering momentum & IMHO Gawn is going to break that streak of only 1 x 120 ave season

View attachment 600721

Because he was underpriced due to those injuries. This year he's not underpriced. This year he's nearly 200k more, he's never played back to back 20+ seasons, and he's got a new offsider and we have no idea how or if he'll effect his output.
He also plays in the position where teams tend to go without cover as rookie priced rucks are usually dogshit scorers. If you have a premo mid miss out, you can have up to 3 chances to get a decent cover score, if you get a ruck donut your ****ed unless you've got a DPP swing, and if they are a late out you might get ****ed over anyways if one of you R/Fs plays earlier.

It's not hard to see why people are going against him, or picking Grundy over him.

Same here ....only reason I won't go with Martin again is his age, 32 at the start of the season .....Brisbane really do have to start a succession plan & get ruck minutes into McInerney / Smith
Very true with the succession plan. Martin is probably one of the fittest at the Lions however so I don't think she is gonna to bother him this season or even next. 2021 will be a different story.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree with Waldo.

Grundy & Gawn are the clear top 2 rucks for 2019. The only other competitors for top 2 rucks are Martin and Goldstein who both havent gone big since 2015 and are over 30 years old.

Having the 2 best rucks from the start of the year is a huge advantage in all your head to head matches. Its not worth gimping yourself through the year until you correct your rucks.

I agree with Waldo.

Grundy & Gawn are the clear top 2 rucks for 2019. The only other competitors for top 2 rucks are Martin and Goldstein who both havent gone big since 2015 and are over 30 years old.

Having the 2 best rucks from the start of the year is a huge advantage in all your head to head matches. Its not worth gimping yourself through the year until you correct your rucks.
why-u-5af9b6.jpg

Reading these threads is good to keep your feet on the ground.
Pretty much every theory / slant you could disappear up your own clacker while admiring your own once-in-a-generation, bleeding edge transcendental genius on has been covered by someone else in parallel.
Moral of the story: Nothing new under the sun. Sadly. Was hoping to have a plaque made in my honour or the ‘gutsroy maneuver’ named after me this year, maybe a small street parade, nothing fancy, but I guess I’m fifteen back in the queue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think im going to start with Hoff and Kreuzer.

Probably regret it.

If Kreuzer holds up, you could really profit. The only mid-tier ruck who might really be able to produce topline output.
Hoff I was initially keen on for the flexibility, could help in saving a trade and opening up a DPP link, just fairly pricy if he drops back to say 90/95-odd.
Currently Goldy and Grundy fwiw, but hoping Longer / Naismith types present. (Naismith less likely from the start, by looks.)

Because he was underpriced due to those injuries. This year he's not underpriced. This year he's nearly 200k more, he's never played back to back 20+ seasons, and he's got a new offsider and we have no idea how or if he'll effect his output.
He also plays in the position where teams tend to go without cover as rookie priced rucks are usually dogshit scorers. If you have a premo mid miss out, you can have up to 3 chances to get a decent cover score, if you get a ruck donut your ****** unless you've got a DPP swing, and if they are a late out you might get ****** over anyways if one of you R/Fs plays earlier.

It's not hard to see why people are going against him, or picking Grundy over him.

I can see it now, big Maxy goes back to back 150+ in Rd1 & 2 and a bunch of people who didn't start with him burning 2 trades to to get him in because their spuddy R2 has already leaked 120+ points.

If Kreuzer holds up, you could really profit. The only mid-tier ruck who might really be able to produce topline output.
Hoff I was initially keen on for the flexibility, could help in saving a trade and opening up a DPP link, just fairly pricy if he drops back to say 90/95-odd.
Currently Goldy and Grundy fwiw, but hoping Longer / Naismith types present. (Naismith less likely from the start, by looks.)

Hoff gives you the chance to have a look at the rucks for the first few rounds without missing out on an expected top handful forward if you swing him there. That's the way I'll be going.

I can see it now, big Maxy goes back to back 150+ in Rd1 & 2 and a bunch of people who didn't start with him burning 2 trades to to get him in because their spuddy R2 has already leaked 120+ points.

Forgot the part where everyone trades him in and then he dies, and just to burn you even more your old ruck goes on to be the 2nd best scoring ruck for the rest of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got Reilly Obrien from the Crows ......training the house down & came 3rd in a 2km time trial recently
Fort looks a lock @ R3.

Do we back Fort in as a cash cow or go Sweet for the captains loophole?

I’m thinking captains loophole is almost compulsory..

Fort looks a lock @ R3.

Do we back Fort in as a cash cow or go Sweet for the captains loophole?

I’m thinking captains loophole is almost compulsory..

That's the standard practice ......unless we miraculously find a playing cheap R3 .....in that case M11 will be that player

That's the standard practice ......unless we miraculously find a playing cheap R3 .....in that case M11 will be that player
As I said Fort is likely then the rest.

Gibbons still needs to be added as 102k mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back