News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

We should have just kept 8 and 19 then.

I would rather trade 8, 19 and 45 for 7 and 10 compared to 8 and 19 for 6 and 15ish
We never had both 8 and 19.

We had 19 and we had the opportunity to flip picks. 19 gave us the opportunity to benefit from Carlton's rebuild.

Besides the fact nobody saw us being as bad as 8 - 19 and 8 still wouldn't get you pick 4.

We should have just kept 8 and 19 then.

I would rather trade 8, 19 and 45 for 7 and 10 compared to 8 and 19 for 6 and 15ish

I wouldn’t get bogged down with the numbers. We’ll only trade down if we think we’re overpaying for our guy at the original pick or if we think there’s little difference in a group from our pick. It will need another club who sees it the opposite to us as well, otherwise why would they trade up.

Starting to put the pieces together on this offseason...

I believe Chapman, Roo, Burton et al went to Fagan saying they wanted Pyke gone, he's the problem. Fagan said he thought the problems ran deeper.
The boys club stuck their heels in. Fagan then countered, saying he would agree to part with Pyke if the Boys Club agreed to an external review of the Footy department and implemented the suggested outcomes. The Boys Club said there was no need, Pyke is the whole problem. Fagan responded that if they were so sure, the review would support their position. They finally agreed.
Chapman goes around slapping backs, handing out new contracts. Sacks Pyke.
But then the results of the review come in...

Fagan holds the Boys Club to their word...

Apologies if this is already common knowledge, just trying to get my head around it.

We never had both 8 and 19.

We had 19 and we had the opportunity to flip picks. 19 gave us the opportunity to benefit from Carlton's rebuild.

Besides the fact nobody saw us being as bad as 8 - 19 and 8 still wouldn't get you pick 4.

Not sure what any of this has to do with the 2 trade scenarios I mentioned. We had 19 and we would have had 8 this year so we did or would of had both. I get you think a trade for 6 and GWS next year is a good idea I just think it’s a s**t trade and wouldn’t do it

4 for 6 + 20201st from gws seems the only trade we would do.

Still get one of the top 6 who all seems evenish or stephens
And you never know with gws next year... look what happend to us after a GF.. sure gws have all the hype but they did finish 6th last year... that would be pick 12 if went out first final

Not a surprise TBH, Chapman LOVES Campo, if it wasn't for the external review and the rest of the board getting to hear Dunstall's presentation he would have been backed in again.
What would be interesting to know is if Burton got an extension too? Campo has been there forever. And helped us through a tough time. They’d never consider that he was part of the problem.... until it became obvious that he was. All of a sudden players feel like they can bare their soul in the review feedback, paints a very different picture to what was being purveyed on the outside.

I believe Chapman, Roo, Burton et al went to Fagan saying they wanted Pyke gone, he's the problem. Fagan said he thought the problems ran deeper.
The boys club stuck their heels in. Fagan then countered, saying he would agree to part with Pyke if the Boys Club agreed to an external review of the Footy department and implemented the suggested outcomes. The Boys Club said there was no need, Pyke is the whole problem. Fagan responded that if they were so sure, the review would support their position. They finally agreed.

Apologies if this is already common knowledge, just trying to get my head around it.

In before this becomes “fact” in everyone’s mind in here.

Not sure what any of this has to do with the 2 trade scenarios I mentioned. We had 19 and we would have had 8 this year so we did or would of had both. I get you think a trade for 6 and GWS next year is a good idea I just think it’s a s**t trade and wouldn’t do it
If Hamish REALLY wants Flanders, we should probably stay where we are. He could be there at six, but it's a gamble.

If he wants Stephens, then a move to six or seven makes sense, as we'll get another prime asset and the player we already wanted.

I wouldn't go lower than 7, because there's a big chance you'll miss the player you really want.

I just think it's silly to have a closed mind to it.

How could this be "knowledge"?

What would be interesting to know is if Burton got an extension too? Campo has been there forever. And helped us through a tough time. They’d never consider that he was part of the problem.... until it became obvious that he was. All of a sudden players feel like they can bare their soul in the review feedback, paints a very different picture to what was being purveyed on the outside.
He probably would have. Based on what a players father told me, Chapman gets very close to people in the football department, I mean that in a relationship sense as people, not just sucking up to them or anything like that. So he has a big loyalty to people involved at the club, which at times makes him blind to their faults and want to back them in.

He probably would have. Based on what a players father told me, Chapman gets very close to people in the football department, I mean that in a relationship sense as people, not just sucking up to them or anything like that. So he has a big loyalty to people involved at the club, which at times makes him blind to their faults and want to back them in.
Chapman seems to struggle with being a Chair v CEO. He is no longer covering for Trigg...

The only swap Adelaide should be doing with 4 is with Fremantle.

If we could swap 4 & 45 7 & 10 then that’s the only option I think we should do. I just can’t see Fremantle doing it. They will get a player before Carlton bid on Henry. Unless they really want Jackson and they know someone will take him before 7 rolls around.

The swap for 6 and GWS future first (likely 15ish) is a horrible trade
Exactly, as we need early picks this year not next year, when we need points for a compromised draft.

If anything we should be considering using next year's picks to get another top pick this year not the other way around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any idea how long before?

There have been others who mentioned he had his contract renewed and that’s why he had a payout.

If it was just during the season that’s not as bad as just before the review, it would show how clueless our management really is.
If we had anyone renewed after our season prior to the review, then those involved extending the contracts need to go.

For some reason I though Campo's contract as already extended the same as Pyke's, so a payout would have been needed.

Why the hell would we want GWS first round next year?

I mean if they gave it to us for our pick in the 20s...I could see it but anything to do with us moving 4-6...if they wanted pick 4 for 6, should have traded Hateley

I disagree, another first rounder for a 2 pick downgrade is ok. Especially as teams who get belted in grand finals tend to have a poorer year after whilst they're licking their wounds.

Drafting is about having as many good picks as possible, and 6 + 14-ish is better than 4. Even in an academy heavy draft and that pick gets pushed back to 20 odd.

I disagree, another first rounder for a 2 pick downgrade is ok. Especially as teams who get belted in grand finals tend to have a poorer year after whilst they're licking their wounds.

Drafting is about having as many good picks as possible, and 6 + 14-ish is better than 4. Even in an academy heavy draft and that pick gets pushed back to 20 odd.
Is 7 and 20 better than 4?

Because that's what it will be

No, you keep 4.

Only way we trade pick 4 is for 2 picks in the top 10 & we don't believe there is much difference it talent around 4.

The ALP review told them to stop saying “The big end of town”.
Our review should have told us to stop saying “We’ll back the boys in”

Yeah, this is something that really seems to ring true.

20?

The word is maybe 4 of the Academy selections will be in the top dozen or so picks.

If GWS has a bad year and bombs out early in the finals, their pick 12 would be about 16.

And realistically, our 4 is 5, if we're allowing for Green bids.

20?

The word is maybe 4 of the Academy selections will be in the top dozen or so picks.

If GWS has a bad year and bombs out early in the finals, their pick 12 would be about 16.

And realistically, our 4 is 5, if we're allowing for Green bids.
If GWS don't do anything different to the last 3 years, then it will be pick 19-23.

So, is 7 and 20 better than 5?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back