News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem that the club will face is they breached his contract.
There will have been termination clauses. Probably even one stating that he serves to the pleasure of the board.
If he believes that he has been unfairly or unlawfully dismissed and that’s supported by his contract then he’ll have a leg to stand on.

His other legal avenue may be defamation is something was said that damaged his reputation.

I’m not backing the Firepower investor to have done his homework properly on this one.

I’m sure that they terminated his contract within the available clause(s) within the contract. Not sure they ever provided any comment either, just that Burto and Campo wont be continuing at the club. It was the media that used a word like ‘sacked’, but it was never a quote from a club employee. Burto has a hell of a hide, he was in control of everything football with his best bud Rooo. Pyke fell or was nudged onto his sword and Campo let go as well, it’s bleeding obvious that the review found most fault lay in the footy dept and specifically a couple of the employees. To try and suggest that Admin was a problem is absolutely ridiculous, but then again, it’s that level of arrogance and ignorance that lost him his job in the first place. Impossible to feel sorry for people like that. It’s no surprise that these elite employees that we’re highly respected in the industry haven’t been snapped up by a competitor yet.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the rumour is the club is having lots of problems with McAdam again this preseason. Unless he improves be will gone at the end of season, he might be a small chance to go earlier.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the rumour is the club is having lots of problems with McAdam again this preseason. Unless he improves be will gone at the end of season, he might be a small chance to go earlier.
What nature of problem?

I’m sure that they terminated his contract within the available clause(s) within the contract. Not sure they ever provided any comment either, just that Burto and Campo wont be continuing at the club. It was the media that used a word like ‘sacked’, but it was never a quote from a club employee. Burto has a hell of a hide, he was in control of everything football with his best bud Rooo. Pyke fell or was nudged onto his sword and Campo let go as well, it’s bleeding obvious that the review found most fault lay in the footy dept and specifically a couple of the employees. To try and suggest that Admin was a problem is absolutely ridiculous, but then again, it’s that level of arrogance and ignorance that lost him his job in the first place. Impossible to feel sorry for people like that. It’s no surprise that these elite employees that we’re highly respected in the industry haven’t been snapped up by a competitor yet.
Exactly comrade

What nature of problem?
He just can't handle the workloads. Once he's on the field it's fine, it's the Monday to Friday workloads that he just can't adjust to.

I still hold out hope for him, but it looks at this stage we traded out one supremely talented player who doesn't like hard work, for another one.

He just can't handle the workloads. Once he's on the field it's fine, it's the Monday to Friday workloads that he just can't adjust to.

I still hold out hope for him, but it looks at this stage we traded out one supremely talented player who doesn't like hard work, for another one.
so he's psychologically struggling with the requirements, rather than his body letting him down?

so he's psychologically struggling with the requirements, rather than his body letting him down?
Bit of both from what I've heard. The body let's him down which leads to the mindset issues.

The club and players are really rallying around him, but who knows how long he persists.

Bit of both from what I've heard. The body let's him down which leads to the mindset issues.

The club and players are really rallying around him, but who knows how long he persists.
ugh... Man I was pretty pumped when we got him. Hope he can shake this.

Any idea of how Stengle is going? I had him behind McAdam for the same reasons McAdam now seems to be struggling.

Might have got those 2 the wrong way around.

Any idea of how Stengle is going? I had him behind McAdam for the same reasons McAdam now seems to be struggling.

Might have got those 2 the wrong way around.
Stengle lifting his game in that regard. Being in the system helps, he might be an Eddie type slow burn when it comes to the fitness aspect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your try telling McAdam he’s not to eat pies.

Unfortunately it seems like Burton was given the message that he was doing well, performing at a high level, and was a very strong employee.

And then, from his perspective he's thrown under the bus.

It's hard to understand how our internal management and communication can be so messed up.

It would actually be amusing, if he were to sue the AFC.

Based upon the commentary from Chapman, you'd assume his performances reviews were all big green ticks - to be terminated following that, he'd likely have a case.

I hope the Club actually got him to sign an agreement stating he had no grounds for further action, but, knowing those in charge, I wouldn't bet on it.

Again, not a surprise.

We shouldn't have taken him - it was bullshit manipulation by the AFL to give Carlton a leg up, same as they did with the GC this year (screwing us, again).

Based upon the commentary from Chapman, you'd assume his performances reviews were all big green ticks - to be terminated following that, he'd likely have a case.

I hope the Club actually got him to sign an agreement stating he had no grounds for further action, but, knowing those in charge, I wouldn't bet on it.

I expect that his contract has simply been paid out, I doubt that he has any grounds against the club.

"No lingering issues..."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back