List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Kelly trade tip:

StKilda pick ~ 6 to Freo for B. Hill
Freo pick ~ 6 & 7 to Geelong for Kelly & pick ~18

There may be some more peripheral player/pick shuffling, but that's the bones of it.

Not too late to make a play for Hill and we should

He would be a great addition, but it's not happening.

Throw our first at Wines...

No mate, please no.

We have inside mids well & truly covered.

Cunnington has 5 years, Anderson 6-7 years and LDU & Simpkin have 10+ years. Tarryn will also be stepping the there.

Good player, but no thanks.

No mate, please no.

We have inside mids well & truly covered.

Cunnington has 5 years, Anderson 6-7 years and LDU & Simpkin have 10+ years. Tarryn will also be stepping the there.

Good player, but no thanks.
Problem with that lot is we’ve seen if the opposition sit a player on Cunnington’s back, we’ll lose the game.
Contrary to popular belief we’re not a good clearance team. Adding a 6,3 100kg monster in there would help the mix. He’s 24 and his best football is ahead of him.

But I’m fully aware our number one and two priority is either trading in or creating a two way running defensive mid.
Lmac I’m looking at you.

Problem with that lot is we’ve seen if the opposition sit a player on Cunnington’s back, we’ll lose the game.
Contrary to popular belief we’re not a good clearance team. Adding a 6,3 100kg monster in there would help the mix.
But I’m fully aware our number one and two priority is either trading in or creating a two way running defensive mid.
Lmac I’m looking at you.

If we trade in Wines, we may as well trade out LDU.

It's as simple as that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Thommo's retirement, and talk of trading a KPD, then we should look VERY closely at this bloke.

ADAM TOMLINSON (GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY)

Draft picks:
End of first-round or second-round pick (compensation)
Value on open market: $500,000-600,000 per season. Key-position player adds more value to any move. Has been durable and missed just one game in three years so clubs won't hesitate on a long-term deal. A four or five-year deal could determine what the Giants are left with.

I know it might seem controversial, but all of the great teams carry a small handful of dickheads. Collingwood's best sides have had a 50% dickhead policy. We need to target some dickheads. Papley would be a good start.

One person's "dick head" is another persons average bloke.

Look no further than some of the OTT moralizing wowsers in the Taylor Garner thread.

According to my Aints mates, Tomlinson is a done deal to Mudrabbin, they’ve been spruiking that for over a year
Time will tell I guess

Also, what would Amon cost us, pick wise?

Would they demand our second, or could we do it for our third?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

According to my Aints mates, Tomlinson is a done deal to Mudrabbin, they’ve been spruiking that for over a year
Time will tell I guess

Also, what would Amon cost us, pick wise?

Would they demand our second, or could we do it for our third?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jebus st Kilda linked to everyone

I reckon there might be a fire sale at Port.

The Port player I’d love us to target (when available as he’s already signed a contract extension) is Melbourne boy Dan Houston. I’ve known his dad all my life and have watched young Dan closely along the way. He’s stood up in both wins and losses (including last Saturday) and is a future gun.

We are diametrically opposed here DR.

LDU will be better than Wines.

We need clearances players with burst, not grunt.
I don’t think we are, I think we need to keep improving our list. I think we need to add a few burst players in the midfield mix. I also think a grunt player wouldn’t go astray. You don’t pass on that kind of talent.

I also think we’ve got a few players there that might move position.

What gives me hope is a coach who’ll modify the game plan based on the cattle available. Rather then create the perfect system and try to fit the players in.

Durdin signed a new deal less than a week ago.

Why the fu** would he do that only to be traded?

1) Sam takes a contract because he doesn't have one.
2) The club give him a 1 year contract, because they are not set on him long term to either:

i) Have a look at him next year.
ii) Trade him as a contracted player, which has slightly better leverage.

I personally think the club are open to both points.

Let's put it this way, if Sam stays then he is no walk up start with Maj & B-Mac breathing down his neck in 2020, whereas if he were to go back to Port in his home state, then he would be playing all 22 games in their defence next year, considering how undersized their defence is, and with Westhoff's imminent retirement.

1) Sam takes a contract because he doesn't have one.
2) The club give him a 1 year contract, because they are not set on him long term to either:

i) Have a look at him next year.
ii) Trade him as a contracted player, which has slightly better leverage.

I personally think the club are open to both points.

Let's put it this way, if Sam stays then he is no walk up start with Maj & B-Mac breathing down his neck in 2020, whereas if he were to go back to Port in his home state, then he would be playing all 22 games in their defence next year, considering how undersized their defence is, and with Westhoff's imminent retirement.
From everything mentioned, BMac is more likely to be elsewhere that Durds next year. And besides, I'm not sure Durdin would be too concerned. At this point in time, Durdin has shown a lot more ability and potential than BMac imo. Thompson is also gone, and Shaw seems to really like him, so for me it's his spot to lose atm.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think his long-term future is at all secure (I mean, that's obvious given the contract length), I just don't think we would have signed him up now if we didn't intend on having him at the club in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back