2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

I am pretty confident in the clearance ability of Fyfe, Blakely, Mundy and Brayshaw, and we have other who can roll through there. And there is pace around them with the Hills and Langdon especially, plus support pace from defence.

After that Hogan, Lobb and Taberner should be our best ever forward line in terms of contested marking.

The club has had a pretty consistent theme of recruiting for pace since we entered the rebuild, and I think our sides will have the live speed to be competitive.

We clearly have weak areas, but in my opinion it is not especially because the building blocks are not there, apart from in the niche area of small forward. But even there, I'd be pretty disappointed if we can't cover that up. If by the end of the year we have one of Schultz or Switkowski playing well in there I think we will be doing okay.

Hogan training with the main squad

For the posters saying he looks miserable today in the prediction Hogan thread and that he's always looking unhappy feel free to keep your opinions to yourself.

He and Fyfe are warming up together and he looks perfectly happy.
Just a resting sad face ?

Training

The boys warmed up with a large squad the main group.

A few boys did run throughs and Tabs trained by himself. This was clearly for fatigue management as they all ran well. Darcy, Brayshaw and Shultz making up the group jogging laps.

Hogan trained well and joined in everything. Like I previously said he warmed up with Fyfe.

Overall it was a light session focussed on basic skill work.

Both Sandi and Connor look in good shape. Both rehabbing well. Connor should only be a week or two away. He did plenty of goal kicking after training.

Ballas did a light warm up but didn't look like his injury was too bad.

I didn't see S Hill, Logue or Hughes today. Obviously Hill is doing rehab and may still be a while off but I have a feeling the other two are just doing thier own programs.

On a whole a real light session with a few players being managed after a big win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Training

The boys warmed up with a large squad the main group.

A few boys did run throughs and Tabs trained by himself. This was clearly for fatigue management as they all ran well. Darcy, Brayshaw and Shultz making up the group jogging laps.

Hogan trained well and joined in everything. Like I previously said he warmed up with Fyfe.

Overall it was a light session focussed on basic skill work.

Both Sandi and Connor look in good shape. Both rehabbing well. Connor should only be a week or two away. He did plenty of goal kicking after training.

Ballas did a light warm up but didn't look like his injury was too bad.

I didn't see S Hill, Logue or Hughes today. Obviously Hill is doing rehab and may still be a while off but I have a feeling the other two are just doing thier own programs.

On a whole a real light session with a few players being managed after a big win.

How did Switta go, bud?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back