2019 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Academy prospects included, potential draftees need to have the mindset of getting picked up by any club with the possibility (even if it’s a minuscule one) of a bid not being matched by their academy club if they have one, from interviews from his perspective and articles written about Liam he seems like a kid with very high career aspirations, whichever club he goes to he’ll stay and play great footy for.

Academy prospects have no obligation to ‘owe’ their host club, wherever Liam goes he’ll repay the respective club for giving him the opportunity to play AFL football for a living, Fremantle included.

Your opinions totally fine, I absolutely want Liam in purple next year, he’ll be an ambassador of any club he goes to.

Fair enough. Makes sense. I've seen some suggest he was almost a bleeding purple kind of guy but i agree with you that he's much more pragmatic than that.

Even if we rate Henry #1 we are not going to make it well known. It would just encourage other teams to put a bid on. We have to make the other clubs interested think hard that the bid might not be matched to make it as late as possible.
This!

It is game theory. Other teams learning how we rate our academy kids vs the other kids can only be used to our detriment, therefore, we won't give anything away until it comes time to match a bid.

Coming in to visit from the Dogs board. I'm picking for Freo in our mock draft, you've got a great draft position and a great kid coming through. From browing here, getting the impression that Robertson, both Stephens, Sharp, and Jackson would be good fits? Also hoping that Lachie Ash slides to your first pick. Anyone else particularly popular/a great fit who I'm missing?

Coming in to visit from the Dogs board. I'm picking for Freo in our mock draft, you've got a great draft position and a great kid coming through. From browing here, getting the impression that Robertson, both Stephens, Sharp, and Jackson would be good fits? Also hoping that Lachie Ash slides to your first pick. Anyone else particularly popular/a great fit who I'm missing?
Taylor and Rivers for some.

Taylor

Assuming Flanders is available definitely him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You probably cant go to wrong with any of that top 12ish group bar maybe Serong whom I dont think I've seen anyone be too keen on.

Everyone else in that group I think I've seen different peeps advocate for.

If somehow you end up with a 2nd round pick then any of the WA guys will get you praise from here

First time poster. Really not sure why people are worrying about a Melbourne bid for Henry. It’s quite unlikely at 3 or 8. We know after the interview their recruiter did the other day with twomey that they are between Jackson, Hayden young and Tom Greene at pick 3. Most likely Young for my money. There’s then still a decent chance Jackson will still be on the board at 8 (unless GWS take him) so surely they will pick him then. Ironically, freo picking Jackson with our first pick could result in Melbourne looking at Henry at 8. Though it seems more likely they would take Serong or Robertson at 8. Freos pick 7 could be an important factor in whether Henry is bid on at 8 or 9..

First time poster. Really not sure why people are worrying about a Melbourne bid for Henry. It’s quite unlikely at 3 or 8. We know after the interview their recruiter did the other day with twomey that they are between Jackson, Hayden young and Tom Greene at pick 3. Most likely Young for my money. There’s then still a decent chance Jackson will still be on the board at 8 (unless GWS take him) so surely they will pick him then. Ironically, freo picking Jackson with our first pick could result in Melbourne looking at Henry at 8. Though it seems more likely they would take Serong or Robertson at 8. Freos pick 7 could be an important factor in whether Henry is bid on at 8 or 9..
Welcome.
There are quite a few permutations. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. No doubt we want him as cheap as possible, but I'm sure we have a plan B if we have to use a higher pick to get him. Would be shocked if we let him go elsewhere, when we have options..

Outside mids, elite skills , quick , knows wheres the goals are for first 2. Taylor or a similar small forward late.

Ideally Flanders, Stephens, Henry and Taylor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back