2020 AFL fixture released

Remove this Banner Ad

Be easier to remove saints, Bulldogs, hawks and Melbourne

I mean nobody goes to their games anyway.
Mergers and shutdowns arent gonna happen anymore. The AFL needs to keep expanding to make the broadcast $$$ tick. To get to a fair schedule, easier to add 6 teams than remove 6.

Lol last 6 of the season plus finals?

Oh wait you had to go to Brisbane...that must have been tough.

So travel is only tough when West Coast has to do it, right?? ;)

Seriously-- if you're going to make a comment about 9 games in a row @ the MCG, at least make sure it's accurate.

Clever deflection, shame apart about the part where you were wrong and couldn’t admit it.

You're about as wrong as a broken clock and you're still posting ;)

You taking champion datas "rankings" as meaningful is the main problem here. Last year champion data rated playing Melbourne as one of the hardest games and Brisbane as one of the easiest. It's not a serious measure of anything.
This.
People are such sheep. Quoting this like it actually matters or this is definitive proof that 2020 will be harder for their team. We don't know the teams that will rise or fall yet, a ranking based on last year doesn't mean much.
And this.
That would anger me if I put the slightest value on champion datas ability to accurately quantify the game.
Also this.
Richmond travel interstate 6 times, compared to West Coast 10.

Unless your talking about distance travelled? It takes 2,500ks to reach another major city, of course west coast are going to travel more. That's completely unavoidable.
Perth needs to be moved to the SA border!

You do realise your team joined the VFL?
The actual VFL.
Before it became the Afl.
And yet more than 30 years later you're still sooking.
It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad
Jeeeezus H, this old chestnut again. Get a new approach for Gods sake.

It's time to remove the irrelevant Victorian clubs and reduce the competition to 12 teams and have a true even home and away season just like premier league.

If VFL doesn't want this then extend the season to 35 games plus finals....reduce the time frame of matches, reduce the gap between matches and extend the season to accommodate.

Enlarge the playing list of each team so there is more rotation of players available to reduce fatigue.

This VFL bias bullshit needs to stop...Richmond not even in the top 4 for difficulty according to champion data.

Win premiership....get cosy life...

Which six clubs are you killing?

Not who you were asking, but if he keeps only the Big 4 then he's outing North, Saints, Dogs, Dees, Hawthorn and Geelong

Very unlikely melb and Geelong get killed, given their role in the start of the game. Also the govt has spent $200m at the Kat Park s**t hole, so they won't let the AFL walk from that, and the MCC have reactived their relationship with the Dees

Pies and dons are a lock, so that leaves imo Richmond and carlton joining the outs.

Reason I asked this is the hawks and tigs have nearly 200000 members just between them. Deregistering two of melbournes largest supported clubs would bring on a political s**t storm, and the AFL is inept at handling them

Very unlikely melb and Geelong get killed, given their role in the start of the game. Also the govt has spent $200m at the Kat Park s**t hole, so they won't let the AFL walk from that, and the MCC have reactived their relationship with the Dees

Pies and dons are a lock, so that leaves imo Richmond and carlton joining the outs.

Reason I asked this is the hawks and tigs have nearly 200000 members just between them. Deregistering two of melbournes largest supported clubs would bring on a political s**t storm, and the AFL is inept at handling them

I didn't make up the Big 4 personally, but Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond and Essendon have zero % chance of ever leaving the AFL. So that leaves everyone else

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rest assured this fixture is a big fu** you to the eagles by Gillon Hitler for us getting Tim Kelly.

Our fixture is the hardest in the entire league.
It's like they needed reminding that Richmond won the premiership.

Never mind...we will take the flag home again anyways and Gillon might react by reducing our home games to 3 and send us to China and the UK for some games.

fu** you VFL scum.
West Coast’s fixture is harder than Richmond because Richmond can’t play the premiers twice.

So travel is only tough when West Coast has to do it, right?? ;)

Seriously-- if you're going to make a comment about 9 games in a row @ the MCG, at least make sure it's accurate.

9-7-6. It's more than we get FFS.
And you get an easier draw

9-7-6. It's more than we get FFS.
And you get an easier draw

Richmond get 'runs' of MCG games because we play away games there as well..... where do you suggest Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne, etc play Richmond for their home games?

I feel that this complaint continually comes up in every other thread on Big Footy. Yet-- no West Coast Whinger seems to have an actual answer to it other than #VICBIAS

Lets kill off the following

Hawthorn
Melbourne
Saints
Bulldogs
Gold coast
Fremantle/port

That would fix the comp and leave more money for development in the lower local leagues etc.
killing Fremantle?
In a 22 match season this would increase West Coast's travel from 10 games to 11.

I didn't make up the Big 4 personally, but Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond and Essendon have zero % chance of ever leaving the AFL. So that leaves everyone else

It's kind of my point

Getting a dog's/saints/north killed is tough enough, but the battle over carlton, Hawthorn, Richmond would be unlike anything the AFL has dealt with, because of their size and political/financial clout

I love the idea of a 12 team comp, but it's a fantasy

Also good luck getting the aflpa to agree to pay cuts

Richmond get 'runs' of MCG games because we play away games there as well..... where do you suggest Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne, etc play Richmond for their home games?

I feel that this complaint continually comes up in every other thread on Big Footy. Yet-- no West Coast Whinger seems to have an actual answer to it other than #VICBIAS

Look don't deny you and the other mcg tenants get a good run.

But 7 in a row to close out the season.?

Seriously that's bullshit and you know it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back