AFL 2020 - AFL Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Bet365's early AFL payout might be the worst promo i've ever seen.
Early payout when your team is up by 32 points.
How often is a team going to back from that far behind with 16min quarters? 1 in a 100?

Agree, I think 365 used to have it around 4 goals from memory.

Both teams were fortunate to even get to 32 points last night let alone lead by this margin. :drunk:

With that said, Pies somehow managed to lead by as much as 24 points last night.:think:

Seemed pretty clear last night that scoring dried up once fatigue set in with strong defensive structures.
Given the nature of the teams I can see tonights game panning out very similar.
Highest scoring half 1st $1.94 - SB
I like it as a SGM leg because it multiplies well with everything

SGM Danger, Titchell, Duncan, Worpel 20+ $4.05
Danger over 22.5 disposals
Selwood 20+ $2.30
Wingard 20+ $2.50

Seemed pretty clear last night that scoring dried up once fatigue set in with strong defensive structures.
Given the nature of the teams I can see tonights game panning out very similar.
Highest scoring half 1st $1.94 - SB
I like it as a SGM leg because it multiplies well with everything
Points line is 124.5 on sportsbet,
If teams struggling to score is a trend, that looks very playable for an under at cold GMHBA

Last year a lot of the total match points line were around the 150-155 mark set by the bookies.

The average from 198 home and away matches in 2019 was 160.82 points during the season.

With the matches being reduced to 16 minute quarters, if we are basing it on averages (64/80) x 160.82 points= 128.65 points should be the line.

The handicap for the Brisbane v Fremantle line is 128.5 points.

Freo had the 3rd weakest offence in 2019, if we are basing it on form, Unders should be the play. Nothing in the off season suggest to me the game plan will change this season under a new coach. If so, it will take time for the players to play with a pattern under Longmuir.

Last year a lot of the total match points line were around the 150-155 mark set by the bookies.

The average from 198 home and away matches in 2019 was 160.82 points during the season.

With the matches being reduced to 16 minute quarters, if we are basing it on averages (64/80) x 160.82 points= 128.65 points should be the line.

Take my $$$ haha

The handicap for the Brisbane v Fremantle line is 128.5 points.

Freo had the 3rd weakest offence in 2019, if we are basing it on form, Unders should be the play. Nothing in the off season suggest to me the game plan will change this season under a new coach. If so, it will take time for the players to play with a pattern under Longmuir.
Freo will be lucky to score 50, Brissy could pile on 80 though, likely less, U128.5 definitely seems a decent bet

Would of thought Richmond and Collingwood scored more than 36 last night too . Cant see Brisbane scoring 80 in the rain all be it against Freo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's more to it than that, though.

Reduced quarters means teams can effectively flood for an entire quarter, four quarters in a row.

There's no 'junk time' any more. Team strategies will change accordingly, we saw it already last night.

72 points may be anomalously low but I expect we'll see sub 100 point totals whenever strong / mature teams play one another.

There doesn't seem to be much value in the total points markets so I'm not going to load up, but my bet is we'll see more <100 totals this week than >100.

It wouldn't surprise me if we notice a heap of free kicks paid in front of goal, an AFL directive to increase scores. Ten goals per match won't pay the bills.

I've noticed the odds for a draw tonight are tighter than at this time yesterday.

I got @50 for the Coll/Rich draw, and then @55 for the Haw/Geel draw, both on betfair.

Today for Haw/Geel I see @40 for the draw.

Are people waking up to the fact that shorter quarters mean closer scorelines and a higher potential for draws?

Add in the catch-up mode the umpires seem to play when a team is behind and 2020 might be the season of draws.

I've noticed the odds for a draw tonight are tighter than at this time yesterday.

I got @50 for the Coll/Rich draw, and then @55 for the Haw/Geel draw, both on betfair.

Are people waking up to the fact that shorter quarters mean closer scorelines and a higher potential for draws?

Add in the catch-up mode the umpires seem to play when a team is behind and 2020 might be the season of draws.

Yes Indeed

coll1.PNG

Would of thought Richmond and Collingwood scored more than 36 last night too . Cant see Brisbane scoring 80 in the rain all be it against Freo
Yeah my estimates were top end I reckon, 80 top for Brissy and 50 top for Freo, even if both reach max thats barely touching the line.

Line is too high defs take the unders

Freo will be lucky to score 50, Brissy could pile on 80 though, likely less, U128.5 definitely seems a decent bet
Well let's hope unders trend keeps going. I got on for Bris vs Freo and WC vs GC but that was due to forecasted rain. The tight game last night would indicate that scoring might be difficult. Also unders tonight - Clarko with plenty of time to prepare and two teams with better backlines than forward lines.

Geelong H2H 2.5 units @ $1.73
I like Hawks in this one. Won 3 of last 4, finished last season off much better than Cats, better form in round 1, pretty similar matchups but think Hawks midfield might get on top and I rate Hawks a slightly better team. Obviously having the game at SS helps Geel though so might have a little on the win and a little on the line.

Almost forgot the kicker - does this game count as Geel coming off a bye? Hopefully they come out sluggish.

I like Hawks in this one. Won 3 of last 4, finished last season off much better than Cats, better form in round 1, pretty similar matchups but think Hawks midfield might get on top and I rate Hawks a slightly better team. Obviously having the game at SS helps Geel though so might have a little on the win and a little on the line.

Almost forgot the kicker - does this game count as Geel coming off a bye? Hopefully they come out sluggish.
Only took the Cats due to being in Geelong where it's very hard to win (maybe easier with no home crowd) and O'meara missing.
Dangers 250th too.

Thought 1.73 was a good price.

Only took the Cats due to being in Geelong where it's very hard to win (maybe easier with no home crowd) and O'meara missing.

Yeah I'm on the Cats purely because its at home plus O'meara out. Hard to go off form, Cats lost to GWS first round who normally destroy teams at home. Hawks beat Brissy who have shaky MCG form.

We get it. You backed the draw last night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back