List Mgmt. 2020: Death Riding Melbourne [NMFC owns MFC's 1st (#9) & 4th (#64) 2020 picks] - Keep Your Eye on the Red and the Blue

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for that Giantroo......further to that,.....does that mean they go down a pick or two....apologies I've taken no notice of the points system....
Yes.

Each pick has a points value. Pick 1 (3000), etc . For Pick 1 you must have the full allocation of points (3000) to keep the pick even though you may have enough to cover pick 2 (2,517).

From there, you just minus the point deficit (265) and you get the table I've posted.

1599480515067.png 1599480663454.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bad weekend.
Watch the Braves get belted to oblivion on Friday.
We put another absolute pretender back in it‘s box.
The GoDees get found out, yet again.
Take away this COV19 and I’d take that any weekend.
This
One of the best football result weekends you could hope for all round

What does 2, 7 & 30 get us?

1587180340771.png

Grainger-Barrass (7) and Durdin (30)? Do we roll the dice with Hollands at pick 2?

Re- Grainger-Barrass: We bid on Campbell at pick 2 to knock the Swines out of contention at 6 and I doubt Carlton will bid for him. StKilda might though considering Carlisle is getting on, but they have also invested in KPD's. This leaves Freo.

We could trade 7 & 30 with Geelong for picks 14 & 17, and snag Ford or Laurie (forwards) along with Zac Reid (200cm KPD)

Re-Pick 2: If GC take Hollands then I guess we would go with Phillips.

Last edited:
What does 2, 7 & 30 get us?

View attachment 859995

Grainger-Barrass (7) and Durdin (30)? Do we roll the dice with Hollands at pick 2?

Re- Grainger-Barrass: We bid on Campbell at pick 2 to knock the Swines out of contention at 6 and I doubt Carlton will bid for him. StKilda might though considering Carlisle is getting on, but they have also invested in KPD's. This leaves Freo.

We could trade 7 & 30 with Geelong for picks 14 & 17, and snag Ford or Laurie (forwards) along with Zac Reid (200cm KPD)

Re-Pick 2: If GC take Hollands then I guess we would go with Phillips.

Get the best mid who is very very quick and skilled on both sides or that guy from SA think his name is Thrilthorpe?
Key position play plus don’t waste the Red and Blue cheats pick that we got and we already have 1 Durdin we don’t need another one

I doubt very very much we will be shafted in the up and coming draft or this years draft what ever we like to call it. We are going to nail it and all the posters who where not sure if we did the right thing last year will be very happy supporters.

I doubt very very much we will be shafted in the up and coming draft or this years draft what ever we like to call it. We are going to nail it and all the posters who where not sure if we did the right thing last year will be very happy supporters.

I am assuming we will be shafted particularly if not enough games go ahead.

The fact Rawlings and Clayton are already lobbying makes me feel uneasy

I am assuming we will be shafted particularly if not enough games go ahead.

The fact Rawlings and Clayton are already lobbying makes me feel uneasy

whats the hardest we could be shafted?

a lottery where we finish with 17 and 18
I’d be hoping if we went to a draft, the AFL would be smart enough (yes I know) to introduce a lottery system that would stop lower placed clubs from potentially getting late first round picks.

Something like this:

Picks 1-4 in a lottery pool, then
Picks 5-8 in a lottery pool, then
Picks 9-12 in a lottery pool, then
Picks 13-18.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be hoping if we went to a draft, the AFL would be smart enough (yes I know) to introduce a lottery system that would stop lower placed clubs from potentially getting late first round picks.

Something like this:

Picks 1-4 in a lottery pool, then
Picks 5-8 in a lottery pool, then
Picks 9-12 in a lottery pool, then
Picks 13-18.
Yep ill be happy with picks 1 & 5 😉😎

DGB @ 2 (if that eventuated) ~ Pointy end defenders like him don't come around often and it's arguably our weakest area at the moment.

Tarrant will be 32 next year.
Daw turns 30 next year.
Walker is fairly unproven - even then he's a good ordinary player at the moment.
If we had to rely on Durdin and McKay at their current level we'd probably win the spoon

DGB has the potential to be the best intercepting CHB in the league and he'd still get a year or two under Robbie.

I think one of Phillips/Hollands/Bruhn will still be there in the back end of the top 10 for the second pick.

Last edited:
DGB @ 2 (if that eventuated) ~ Pointy end defenders like him don't come around often and it's arguably our weakest area at the moment.

Tarrant will be 32 next year.
Daw turns 30 next year.
Walker is fairly unproven - even then he's a good ordinary player at the moment.
If we had to rely on Durdin and McKay at their current level we'd probably win the spoon

DGB has the potential to be the best intercepting CHB in the league and he'd still get a year or two under Robbie.

I think one of Phillips/Hollands/Bruhn will still be there in the back end of the top 10 for the second pick.

Do we know how tall DGB actually is?
Looking at the draft board he’s anywhere between 185-195 cms?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

whats the hardest we could be shafted?

I’m expecting the afl to implement a two round draft and cancelling picks traded from last yr

This is the AFL we’re talking about, they’ll probably say picks 1 & 2 will stay the same as last year, for the fairness of the competition and the rest will be a draft lottery.

Again, I very much doubt this is the case. It's basically reneging on a commercial factor.

I’m expecting the afl to implement a two round draft and cancelling picks traded from last yr

OK that would be bloody horrible.

Edit: Maybe they do go that way but I can't see it being without compensation. Which other clubs have future picks going into this draft? They're our allies in this.

Maybe they say 2020 is 2 rounds where each clubs takes 2 picks. 2021 draft is business as usual and your future picks are back in play. It just means Melbourne might have improved by then kind of scuppering our plans.

OK that would be bloody horrible.

Edit: Maybe they do go that way but I can't see it being without compensation. Which other clubs have future picks going into this draft? They're our allies in this.

Maybe they say 2020 is 2 rounds where each clubs takes 2 picks. 2021 draft is business as usual and your future picks are back in play. It just means Melbourne might have improved by then kind of scuppering our plans.

I think the Cats have one as well, they might tell us to piss off, will they have the balls to tell Wells and Cook to do the same?

Why would they cancel traded picks, at least within the first two rounds? I tend to think 36 picks is 36 picks, especially in the case of a straight trade. That is last year's first round for this years.

If it was a two round draft, the bigger question for me would be compensation for those that traded down.

Like having a list of 35, it would have to be phased, or involve compensatory picks of some sort, perhaps with points value being used to adjust position of a pick. But I can imagine all sorts of indirect consequences making it a dog's breakfast.

Do we know how tall DGB actually is?
Looking at the draft board he’s anywhere between 185-195 cms?

195cm is the updated height from the 2020 pre-season state screenings which they use to compare growth and size increases across the year for the national combines.

It's only an inch increase, but he's now genuine KPP height, it was the only thing holding him back imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back