Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope we trade some of our picks in 40’s into next years draft rather than take a gamble this year.

A year of footy at underage level means a lot. is so much unknown about the Vic kids in this draft pool. Pretty sure Jeka was touted as an early pick the year before his draft year and ended up going as a rookie pick.

I just don’t think our list has the luxury of taking gambles.

No. We snap up Logan.

But it won't happen. Close to zero chance.
If the scenario of Thilthorp, Hollands, DGB occurred we could firstly approach GCS who are said to be keen to trade up for PHillips...ask for their pick 5 and next years first. They take PHillips, we have pick 5 and take McDonald if Bombers don’t give us 6 & 8.. we then have 6, 8 and GCS 2021 first.. play the game if we don’t land our preferred at pick 4...

Adelaide are a weird club when it comes to drafts.

They had the following interview question to Will Phillips:

"How would you bowl out Jye Caldwell in a cricket match?"

Link?

“How would you find your way back to base if we dumped you in the middle of nowhere after talking to you about your dead dad?”

* me what a shitheap

It's like they get their leadership advice from a pamphlet for a cult.

They asked that question to Perkins not Phillips as Perkins and Caldwell played cricket against each other.

I really hope we trade some of our picks in 40’s into next years draft rather than take a gamble this year.

A year of footy at underage level means a lot. is so much unknown about the Vic kids in this draft pool. Pretty sure Jeka was touted as an early pick the year before his draft year and ended up going as a rookie pick.

Last year mitch georgiadis played zero footy and got taken in the first round on the back of his under 16s form so it can also go the other way .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m more of the opinion that we are in the perfect position to be taking this sort of gamble. With our list depth being poor and we really need to delist a lot of deadweight over the coming two to three years.

As such we have the list spots available for the more unknown gamble that this draft will be. As opposed to other teams that are struggling to cut down on players to fit the reduced lists.

Say we took 3 late picks even one pick turning into a player would be a massive win as the other two aren’t taking the place of someone of that is long term AFL level standard.

I’m more of the opinion that we are in the perfect position to be taking this sort of gamble. With our list depth being poor and we really need to delist a lot of deadweight over the coming two to three years.

As such we have the list spots available for the more unknown gamble that this draft will be. As opposed to other teams that are struggling to cut down on players to fit the reduced lists.

Say we took 3 late picks even one pick turning into a player would be a massive win as the other two aren’t taking the place of someone of that is long term AFL level standard.
Fair point. I’d prefer we wait next year but I get where you are coming from. I’m sure a lot of clubs are having this discussion.

I get the feeling we are going to take a taller mid with our first pick. Holland’s is the preference if available I think otherwise Perkins. Our midfield is our weakest area due to lack of depth and all the players we have there Mitchell, JOM, Worps, Scully, Wingard, Shiels are all shortish. Could mean we overlook Phillips, Campbell and Bruhn for this reason.

So if the Crows go Tilthorpe and norf go Hollands and The swans go DBG the question is do we want McDonald or Phillips or Perking...and how badly do essendon want the Joey replacement?? If all they want is McDonald and he falls to 4 then we say 6 and 8 for 4. They get their man and we get a combination of top 10 picks
I think we just knock back Essendon's offer whatever it is, grab McDonald and then celebrate by doing a Dodo fist pump towards Essendon

Even if the kid ens up a spud it'd be worth it just for the fist pump and the reaction on Dildoro's face 😂
I know it is a joke... but blaaaaa. Dodo is loving this situation. His team is failing but he is now the centre of attention
How the bombers, or should I say the *, have not dumped this dude, is beyond me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back