Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okay I just had a huge panic moment after listening to afl.com winners and losers of the trade period.

With us brining in Tom Phillips on a wing and Melbourne not chasing him I’m now a little worried that they might put a bid on Downie with either pick 18 or 19 that they traded for. They were keen to secure Smith so we know their looking for a winger so it got me thinking they might put a bid in on Downie.

I don’t know... maybe I’ve had too much BigFooty for the day 🤪

Okay I just had a huge panic moment after listening to afl.com winners and losers of the trade period.

With us brining in Tom Phillips on a wing and Melbourne not chasing him I’m now a little worried that they might put a bid on Downie with either pick 18 or 19 that they traded for. They were keen to secure Smith so we know their looking for a winger so it got me thinking they might put a bid in on Downie.

If it happens and we don't match then it's because there's someone we rate more highly still available.

Let’s go with the too much BigFooty option

Wonder if we see any teams in the top four trading down/splitting their picks?

Doubt we will. Swans probably not too as they'd wanna pick before the Campbell bid. Could see North being keen to trade with GWS maybe? Still seems unlikely with there seemingly a bit of a drop after the top 6 or 7 ish.

4: Hollands or Phillips
24: Winder or Ginnivan (small forwards)
45: Downie
46: Key position player
49: Pass (use the list spot on a delisted free agent)
72: Pass (use the list spot on a delisted free agent, or upgrade Greaves or Jiath to the senior list)

4: Hollands or Phillips
24: Winder or Ginnivan (small forwards)
45: Downie
46: Key position player
49: Pass (use the list spot on a delisted free agent)
72: Pass (use the list spot on a delisted free agent, or upgrade Greaves or Jiath to the senior list)
With picks 10,13,15,20,29 GWS will no doubt pick Ginnivan before us.
Got the inside run on this one and they keen on the boy.😟

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come in Peace.

Got a trade idea.

Dockers pick 32 for Hawks picks 45,46.

Where do you think Downie will be bided on?
Not sure on points value? If we did it we can then combine with 24 to move into high teens, maybe trading with GWS? Not sure though. Maybe they'd prefer the multiple later picks.

Maybe GWS would prefer 24, 45 and 46 for something in the teens.

Downie likely bid between 20-30.

Not sure on points value? If we did it we can then combine with 24 to move into high teens, maybe trading with GWS? Not sure though. Maybe they'd prefer the multiple later picks.

Maybe GWS would prefer 24, 45 and 46 for something in the teens.

Downie likely bid between 20-30.
If the bid comes on Downie in the 20-30 will make the deal a waste of time for the Hawks.

With picks 10,13,15,20,29 GWS will no doubt pick Ginnivan before us.
Got the inside run on this one and they keen on the boy.😟
That's fine. He's a mad Hawks supporter. Give it two years!

4. Hollands/Phillips
24. Downie
45. Callow
46. Cleary/Stone/Bowey

Were in a good spot, we can trade our later picks for a pick in 20s or 30s pretty easily I think.

4. Hollands/Phillips
24. Downie
45. Callow
46. Cleary/Stone/Bowey

Were in a good spot, we can trade our later picks for a pick in 20s or 30s pretty easily I think.

Yeah Callow looks like a really good later pick.Big bodied key position forward or back.

4. Hollands/Phillips
24. Downie
45. Callow
46. Cleary/Stone/Bowey

Would love one of Hollands or Phillips with our first pick.

Not sure why, but it feels unlikely. Are their thoughts on what the top 5 is shaping up as?

Would love one of Hollands or Phillips with our first pick.

Not sure why, but it feels unlikely. Are their thoughts on what the top 5 is shaping up as?

If the top 5 isn't McDonald, Thilthorpe, Hollands, Phillips, DGB then it will be very interesting to see who has bolted higher.

This doesn't take Campbell and JUH into account as academy picks.

If we reached from outside that aforementioned 5 I hope it's for Tanner Bruhn.

If the top 5 isn't McDonald, Thilthorpe, Hollands, Phillips, DGB then it will be very interesting to see who has bolted higher.

This doesn't take Campbell and JUH into account as academy picks.

If we reached from outside that aforementioned 5 I hope it's for Tanner Bruhn.

Agree on the top5.
Seems that Mc Donald will be taken at either #1 or #2. Also seems that DGB will be taken by Swans.
That leaves one of Hollands, Thilthorpe or Phillips going to us. All good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back