Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know the Hawks are very keen on a young fella named Lachlan Carrigan for a mid/late pick. Apparently he’s just injured his knee!
Anyone know anything about him?

Thanks for the Intel, seems like a good kid (bottom ager) and if we go down that path, we might think he has big upside.

Thanks for the Intel, seems like a good kid (bottom ager) and if we go down that path, we might think he has big upside.

Thanks. Seems promising.

I saw Perkins going for a run today, on schoolies no less (I assume that’s why he was where he was). Ran straight past me, he’s a good size for a midfielder and looks in good condition. It was good to see that he’s still putting in the work leading into the draft. From what I’ve read and listened to he seems a good character and certainly someone who would fit in well at our club. Not at all opposed to taking him with pick 4, he’s exactly the type of player we need. Campbell is my number 1 preference, I hope we place a bid on him but in the likely event that the Swans match I’d happily take Perkins.

I have a few too many issues with Hollands, as it seems our recruiters do to. Firstly the knee, doesn’t look or sound good. Secondly his personality does not seem like the type that we bring into our footy club, recruiters at Hawthorn place a big emphasis on how the character fits the culture. Too much Dangerfield-esque ‘look at me’ going on imo. Lastly the latest rumours about his physical condition and commitment to rehab are not great signs.

Will Day was a bold and inspired choice at pick 13 last year, I’d love to see our recruiters do the same with Perkins. Huge upside.

I saw Perkins going for a run today, on schoolies no less (I assume that’s why he was where he was). Ran straight past me, he’s a good size for a midfielder and looks in good condition. It was good to see that he’s still putting in the work leading into the draft. From what I’ve read and listened to he seems a good character and certainly someone who would fit in well at our club. Not at all opposed to taking him with pick 4, he’s exactly the type of player we need. Campbell is my number 1 preference, I hope we place a bid on him but in the likely event that the Swans match I’d happily take Perkins.

I have a few too many issues with Hollands, as it seems our recruiters do to. Firstly the knee, doesn’t look or sound good. Secondly his personality does not seem like the type that we bring into our footy club, recruiters at Hawthorn place a big emphasis on how the character fits the culture. Too much Dangerfield-esque ‘look at me’ going on imo. Lastly the latest rumours about his physical condition and commitment to rehab are not great signs.

Will Day was a bold and inspired choice at pick 13 last year, I’d love to see our recruiters do the same with Perkins. Huge upside.

What did you think of his running mechanics as he went past? 😛

Yeah solid lockdown Defenders are easy to find in free agency/trade like a Hartigan that can be a FB in a premiership team. Defence is a team game anyway. We hardly allow 1 on 1s in defence we always have another man helping out. We need a classy mid that can go up fwd and cause damage.

I do agree but DGB will be an elite interceptor, which adds so much more value than just being a lockdown tall defender. I’d love a classy mid too but certainly won’t be disappointed if they go with DGB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoy Knightmares profiles. But he he falls in love with too many players and this stuffs up his rankings. He is well written but judgement wise is at journo level rather than recruiter level. But kudos for turning a hobby into a paid job.

Next year will be fine, borders are closed and will stay that way until there is a vaccine and Dan has learnt his lesson about going his own way and is now copying other states so we can.be confident that the TAC cup will go ahead and will want to keep that early 2021 pick at all costs.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Without turning this into a Covid chat, aren't the majority of borders already open?

PS. Just realised I have AFL 9's next Wednesday and will probably miss our pick 4 selection! Unless we trade it....

I do agree but DGB will be an elite interceptor, which adds so much more value than just being a lockdown tall defender. I’d love a classy mid too but certainly won’t be disappointed if they go with DGB.
My greatest fear is that DGB is another Jake Lever. This is based on nothing but pure fear but I think I am past that he is far more athletic and looks so elite reading the play. I guess the query is if you can take away his ability to intercept which AFL sides will be able to do then what is his B game like and I don't know the answer. And I wonder if there is exposure of him in games being blocked from his intercept role.

My greatest fear is that DGB is another Jake Lever. This is based on nothing but pure fear but I think I am past that he is far more athletic and looks so elite reading the play. I guess the query is if you can take away his ability to intercept which AFL sides will be able to do then what is his B game like and I don't know the answer. And I wonder if there is exposure of him in games being blocked from his intercept role.
Flick him forward & he'll have 4 to Half Time! ;)

Can we really call it huge upside if we're using Pick 4 on him though?

I reckon he could be one of the best in this 'top 5' the media have alluded to.

I'm also convinced the best player from this draft will come from outside the top 5.

I reckon he could be one of the best in this 'top 5' the media have alluded to.

I'm also convinced the best player from this draft will come from outside the top 5.
I can’t see that happening, best player from this draft will be in the top 5, probably JUH. The top 5 look streets ahead of the rest.

We're stacked for defenders. As good as DGB is, I'd be fine if we passed if he were available.

We are but lists change quickly and if we deem he's the next Harris Andrews, then you've gotta go best player available and take him.

Based on 2 minute vision from YouTube?

That's where everyone's thoughts and opinions are coming from; highlights from YouTube...

Not everyone. But probably 99%.

Some strange comments, opinions and assertions from people that have never watched these players play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back