Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If McDonald and Phillips dropped to pick 5 I'd be undecided who'd I'd pick. This is how I rate them:

Logan McDonald196 cm86 kgOverall
Physical14.0Mental13.7Skills12.713.44
Acceleration14Aggression17Kicking16
Agility12Bravery13Handballing12
Balance12Composure13Hands15
Jumping14Concentration13Goalkicking13
Stamina18Decisions13Marking13
Speed14Flair12Body Work13
Strength14Leadership13Tackling14
Durability14Off the Ball14Kick Distance17
Positioning15Two sided8
Teamwork10Spoiling/Punching10
Vision13Ruckwork9
Work Rate19
Clutch13

Will Phillips180cm80kg
Physical15.8Mental16.8Skills13.715.42
Acceleration19Aggression19Kicking13
Agility19Bravery17Handballing19
Balance19Composure14Hands17
Jumping11Concentration17Goalkicking12
Stamina16Decisions17Marking10
Speed14Flair13Body Work14
Strength14Leadership19Tackling19
Durability14Off the Ball19Kick Distance13
Positioning13Two sided14
Teamwork19Spoiling/Punching14
Vision18Ruckwork6
Work Rate19
Clutch14

Will rates higher than Logan in terms of overall attributes but he is also 16cm shorter and 6kg lighter! I wonder if Will had put much more size.

Will has the very likely potential to be future captain. Have a listen to him here again

It's difficult. I'd still be going over more game footage to make a decision.

They are risking missing the kid they want at the Swans pick (small chance) just for a 6 pick upgrade in the 2nd round?

No chance.
Exactly. Takes the risk off us and puts it on them. Would be great if we did the swap and then the Swans take Hollands ahead of North :D

I bet this is for us to bid on Campbell, I reckon he’s the one we want the most. If we promise a bid on Campbell to North then we won’t need to add much for the swap. Maybe a swap of pick 30 and 24.
How does that help when our bid on Campbell would come after the Swans pick?

Edited: yep i get ya based on us bidding at pick 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In terms of the speculation that Saints will bid on Downie - we did the right thing by them by delisting Frawley instead of having him retire, is there enough good-will there for them to not make a bid?

No but acceleration isn't just 20m. People hit top speed before that.
I think 20m is about right to understand acceleration. Usain Bolt didn't have the acceleration (he was close though) of some of his peers but his top speed was phenomenal hence overrunning and pulling away.

I think 20m is about right to understand acceleration. Usain Bolt didn't have the acceleration (he was close though) of some of his peers but his top speed was phenomenal hence overrunning and pulling away.
My guess with the north pick swap would be their pick 2 for our pick 4 and 24 (which we really don’t want too much I guess with Downie bid a risk). They want Hollands and will still get him and we are a guarantee to get McDonald.. I like the option.. or Do we on trade it to Bombers for multiple picks.. and have a promise in place with north to swap one of our bombers picks for their pick 11.. so they still get Hollands and move up as well..if they’re desperate for Hollands they can’t do a deal direct with Bombers cause Hollands will be gone at 6...

Typically lever length equals poorer acceleration. Usain Bolt's height made him slower off the mark than competitors but his top speed was higher.

Interesting fact is that Olympic weightlifters are typically faster over 20 metres than Olympic sprinters, mainly because of the explosiveness and the inherent lever length advantages of Olympic weightlifting being short arms and legs.

Almost completely unrelated but still!

We have a lot of holes and potential areas of improvement on our list so we are in a win-win situation here for who lands at our pick. I was initially not too excited about the draft pool but I'd be really happy with any one of Phillips, Hollands, McDonald, DBG or Thilthorpe.

Surely it can't be Logan McDonald we are after? We have no idea of the Crows may take him with their first pick. It would be too much of a risk unless we were convinced they are taking Thilthorpe.

Surely it can't be Logan McDonald we are after? We have no idea of the Crows may take him with their first pick. It would be too much of a risk unless we were convinced they are taking Thilthorpe.
Any trade we make wouldn't be until Draft night after the Crows make the selection

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned as yet, unless we really are all in for Logan McDonald.

Trade picks 4 and 24 to North for picks 2 and 30.....then offer picks 2 and 30 plus future pick to Bombers for picks 6 and 8 if they have their hearts set on McDonald.

We draft Archie Perkins and Zac Reid/Nic Cox plus Connor Downie.
Bombers upgrade from Zac Reid to definitely Logan McDonald and say Tanner Bruhn but trade out one of their early picks for pick 30 for the McDonald privilege.
North get their man Elijah Hollands plus the bonus of a 6 pick upgrade in second round.

Fair and reasonable for all parties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back