Fixture 2020 Fixture - The rest of the H&A fixture has now been announced!

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently we'll be in a Gold Coast hub with North Melbourne, Richmond and two or three other Victorian teams (likely including St Kilda and Hawthorn).

6 VIC teams will be heading to a QLD hub. 4 based in Gold Coast and 2 based in Noosa.

Gold Coast:

North Melbourne
Essendon
Richmond
Bulldogs

Noosa:
St Kilda
Carlton

Apparently that's the arrangement indefinitely.

Not a bad result, we only have 1 player on a list that has a kid. So we could be one of the biggest winners of hub life compared to clubs like Richmond.
We do?

Don't know why that strikes me odd.
Does it? I mean I'm a similar age to most of our list and I don't know many people my age with kids of their own. I mean other than some cousins who live up north, but country folk tend to have kids earlier than city folk I think.

We have already played Carlton, so over the next 5 matches:

Definitely
North Melbourne (Confirmed)
Western Bulldogs (Confirmed)

Potentially
Brisbane
Gold Coast
St Kilda
Richmond

From the above my hunch is we will definitely play Richmond, Brisbane and Gold Coast

Does it? I mean I'm a similar age to most of our list and I don't know many people my age with kids of their own. I mean other than some cousins who live up north, but country folk tend to have kids earlier than city folk I think.
Yes

I'm actually a little surprised as well. I dont know what i thought, but many AFL players have kids or are missing births etc so I just assumed there would be more on our list. But now i think about it most of the guys towards 30 on our list arent exactly the settle down have kids types...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have already played Carlton, so over the next 5 matches:

Definitely
North Melbourne (Confirmed)
Western Bulldogs (Confirmed)

Potentially
Brisbane
Gold Coast
St Kilda
Richmond

From the above my hunch is we will definitely play Richmond, Brisbane and Gold Coast

Would not be surprised to leave that hub without a win.

Don't know why that strikes me odd.
I felt the same actually; I look at teams like Richmond, Collingwood, Carlton etc and there's plenty of kids, it's weird we only have the one.

I'm actually a little surprised as well. I dont know what i thought, but many AFL players have kids or are missing births etc so I just assumed there would be more on our list. But now i think about it most of the guys towards 30 on our list arent exactly the settle down have kids types...
You could make a case that we delist anyone whose about to have a kid. Think about it: Brendon Goddard had a kid, delisted. Michael Hartley had a kid, delisted. Ben Howlett had a kid, delisted. Mark Baguley had a kid, delisted. Clearly having kids is bad for career longevity at Essendon. 🤔

You could make a case that we delist anyone whose about to have a kid. Think about it: Brendon Goddard had a kid, delisted. Michael Hartley had a kid, delisted. Ben Howlett had a kid, delisted. Mark Baguley had a kid, delisted. Clearly having kids is bad for career longevity at Essendon. 🤔

Another example of this club not embracing its youth. The lengths this club goes to.

Dunno where our boys will end up exactly, but I can imagine the AFL would be looking to use the same resorts as before with similar set up. For those who can't watch the videos: two clubs in each resort, each have a floor to themselves, barista set up in the foyer, team area with Xbox and game machines and stuff, tennis courts, pools, gym, meals provided by the resort, but they also have access to a 'hub kitchen' where they can make their own food (which looks like a site office/granny flat in the outdoor area).

Might actually be good for #teamspirit... or they might drive each other up the wall lol. Looks like West Coast got permission to take the whole team out for dinner too.

I assume this will be McKenna's most pleasant quarantine yet baz_machine :p

So selfishly happy about this outcome. May get to see more than the 1 or 2 games a year I have become accustomed to.
I am sure I have to move to Eumundi to look after my mum for the next 6 or 7 weeks :cool:

Quite liking the fact we play our biggest bogey team (Bulldogs) off only a 5 day 'break' for them.

Some bad luck in terms of fixturing for them... play Carlton on the Sunday Night then us on the Friday Night.

They have given us some real headaches recently so hopefully we can take advantage of this as many clubs aren't used to such short breaks and haven't performed well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back