Preview 2020 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

44 points (11 wins, three losses), 128.4 per cent
Top spot is the Power's to lose now. In grinding out the win against Sydney last Saturday, it delivered Ken Hinkley's side some much-needed extra percentage that will become important later in the season and should only get a top-up against North Melbourne in round 16. However, one slip-up from the Power will have Brisbane or potentially Geelong, with its superior percentage, claim top spot. Important to have Essendon fixtured at home in round 17, while the Power should also enter round 18 as favourites against the Pies. - Mitch Cleary

The run home
R16: North Melbourne @ Metricon Stadium
R17: Essendon @ Adelaide Oval
R18: Collingwood @ TBC

Although no venues/dates/times have been confirmed for R18 yet I see that Hawthorn is down as home team against the SUNS. They're playing at Adelaide Oval in R17, so must be still hubbing at the Barossa until then, so they look like they could get yet another game at AO. Crows are listed as home team in R18 too, with us as away team vs Collywood - further 'proof' that we'll be flying north again for that match.

With Coll playing Monday in Round 17, one would imagine Friday night is off the table for our last fixture, so i am guessing it will be Sat night at the Gabba for Round 18.
It will be Saturday night for Ch 7 to broadcast. Still reckon there is a chance for AO game and test the 22k crowd protocols vs 7k or so at the Gabba.

With Coll playing Monday in Round 17, one would imagine Friday night is off the table for our last fixture, so i am guessing it will be Sat night at the Gabba for Round 18.
I'm happy to play a night game at the Gabba before finals!

If they send us to Metricon or Cazaghly's it would take the piss!
Kevin Mitchell Jnr might not allow them to play more than 1 final a week on his cricket pitch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the finals will be played Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights week 1.

If that's the case then it will be 1v4 and 5v8 teams on the first 2 nights or 2v3 and 6v7 grouping on those two nights so that you get an even spread of days off for week 2 semis, which might be Thursday and Friday nights.

Prelims might also be Thursday and Friday nights as well.

7 have their Saturday racing commitments in October and it does leave clean air for what local footy is left to get some coverage. Thursday night ratings have been pretty good this year.

That would be great wouldnt it.... but i think they have already said it will be in QLD
I haven't heard anything about a definite venue. They said they would make a decision closer to round 17. They did say it will be a traditional fixture from Thursday night to Sunday twilight.

Surely an announcement on when exactly these games are meant to be played is imminent? I'm trying to avoid making weekend plans until I know when we are playing

Lol in QLD what a load of fu** mighty adelaide suns vs the adelaide hawks in adelaide but lol fu** off gill you campaigner

Mate it was always going to be an away game. It has been listed as an away game for weeks.

Night game at the GABBA gives us practice at it if we get to the GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back