List Mgmt. 2020 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

We will trade super aggressively with the Rance retirement you would think.

We will have the ability to trade:
- 1st round pick
- 2nd round pick which is tied to St Kilda will give heaps of flexibility especially if they don't improve too much. Can bundle this up smartly.
- 2021 future 1st round pick.

These are some of the players who are out of contract (obviously many of them will re-sign by years end):

- Darcy Moore (imagine the melts)
- Jye Caldwell (would cost a lot)
- Sam Powell-Pepper
- Jack Steele
- Lewis Melican (started his career very promising as a KPD but has dropped off)

The list isn't too inspiring... Might just have to go get a contracted player

We will trade super aggressively with the Rance retirement you would think.

We will have the ability to trade:
- 1st round pick
- 2nd round pick which is tied to St Kilda will give heaps of flexibility especially if they don't improve too much. Can bundle this up smartly.
- 2021 future 1st round pick.

These are some of the players who are out of contract (obviously many of them will re-sign by years end):

- Darcy Moore (imagine the melts)
- Jye Caldwell (would cost a lot)
- Sam Powell-Pepper
- Jack Steele
- Lewis Melican (started his career very promising as a KPD but has dropped off)

The list isn't too inspiring... Might just have to go get a contracted player

Darcy Moore gettable IMO. Would be a good get if we thought Balta wasn’t a KPD. Otherwise I agree another mid

Yeah, I assume he retires Rance forgoes the payments. What happens with the cap and does that mean Rance is not linked to RFC in 2020?

I am going to come from a RFC selfish point of view, I would rather Rance was at least linked to RFC in 2020 but I am not sure how the system works
So can we replace him during 2020? Is a list spot freed up? When Grigg left his spot was taken by Pickett. There must be multiple ways to resign.

Darcy Moore would be the perfect Rance replacement. Probably the player in the league with the most tools to replicate his game.

And we'd be poaching him from our arch rivals.
Said similar to a couple of pies mates today, to say they were unimpressed is an understatement. 😂

The club will need to come to a settlement agreement with Rance. If his contract was heavily front loaded Rance may need to compensate the club. If his contract was back loaded then the opposite. All of it would need to be ticked off by the AFL and the PA but either way being a top 3 player at the club his exit will leave a nice chunk of cash available for the next off season.
I think that Rance wont need a settlement and there will be no compensation required for Alex to Pay , He has earned and should keep any front loading he has recieved but what i do know is that we now have $750k from 2020 that will be used to sure up our salay cap position and we wont fall into the collingwood situation.

Dont believe darcy Moore is gettable and he will remain at the Pies as well as being too injury prone but i would still throw a $900k offer out there to keep the bastards honest and make them pay up putting their cap under pressure even more.

Sam Taylor from GWS is the player we should be targeting and would be an ideal get for the RFC

But for the short term i think we will take a kid in the coming draft and add to our developing KPD

Dyson Hilder & Cooper Sharman are the 2 players i would be looking at with Sharman the player i would like to give a go

A free hit really

We need to target a key back or we could well be in the shite.
It's the one area we don't have much depth.
I was also hoping Garth would come on quicker but I'm not sure now.
Gidday Sir Rancelot, im just trying to get a handle on every one writing off Garth after 9 games? His first year was always going to be vfl, whilst learning his trade, we had no injuries and won the flag! His second year is one of good progress and 2 solid debut afl games and was held out of the vfl finals to be emergency for the afl v coll, he did not play in either side and both lost. Last years ''pre season'' never existed for him because of ankle clean out and achilies problems until 1 week before the start of season 2019, and 3 games in and 17 on the injury list he has no option but to play at 55% fitness! Who the hell can do this at afl level and 'burn', no one!!! back to the vfl for 6 games and is then 80% fit for his 6 senior games, 3 good 3 average, we get players back and we take both 'flags' and he is in the best for the vfl gf. This most certainly 'must' be his break 'in' season and i strongly believe he will do this being 100% fully fit? Rancey took 3 seasons to break 'in' to an average side and 'He' then built his game from then to be the champ he is!!! Don't others deserve this chance? Cheers.

Gidday Sir Rancelot, im just trying to get a handle on every one writing off Garth after 9 games? His first year was always going to be vfl, whilst learning his trade, we had no injuries and won the flag! His second year is one of good progress and 2 solid debut afl games and was held out of the vfl finals to be emergency for the afl v coll, he did not play in either side and both lost. Last years ''pre season'' never existed for him because of ankle clean out and achilies problems until 1 week before the start of season 2019, and 3 games in and 17 on the injury list he has no option but to play at 55% fitness! Who the hell can do this at afl level and 'burn', no one!!! back to the vfl for 6 games and is then 80% fit for his 6 senior games, 3 good 3 average, we get players back and we take both 'flags' and he is in the best for the vfl gf. This most certainly 'must' be his break 'in' season and i strongly believe he will do this being 100% fully fit? Rancey took 3 seasons to break 'in' to an average side and 'He' then built his game from then to be the champ he is!!! Don't others deserve this chance? Cheers.

Good points but very different type of defender to Rance

Garth would be an ideal replacement for Astbury as they both play similar type of game but very unlike rance and doesnt have the rebound or the natural reading of the play and ability to leave his man to cut off foward entries by the opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We probably need to be prepared for some popular players to get traded at the end of 2020, or are expecting 1 or 2 retirements
Either that or we really don't rate the draft next year and will make bare minimum changes
Not only will we need to elevate Pickett off the rookie list on his next contract, but we need to make room for some mandatory draft picks too
There's not too many players coming out of contract who we'd want to move on and the rest are our kids who are still developing

I think you'll find it helps with managing our salary cap as well as most of those players are on the mandatory minimum contract out of the draft.
Allows us to have a fairly top heavy TPP
No need to elevate Pickett, Stack, Chol or Aarts until the end 2021 as they are 2nd year rookies next year. Baker and DES are third year rookies so we need to be elevated or delisted and potentially rerookied.

I think that Rance wont need a settlement and there will be no compensation required for Alex to Pay , He has earned and should keep any front loading he has recieved but what i do know is that we now have $750k from 2020 that will be used to sure up our salay cap position and we wont fall into the collingwood situation.

Dont believe darcy Moore is gettable and he will remain at the Pies as well as being too injury prone but i would still throw a $900k offer out there to keep the bastards honest and make them pay up putting their cap under pressure even more.

Sam Taylor from GWS is the player we should be targeting and would be an ideal get for the RFC

But for the short term i think we will take a kid in the coming draft and add to our developing KPD

Dyson Hilder & Cooper Sharman are the 2 players i would be looking at with Sharman the player i would like to give a go

A free hit really
Hey GUN what's your realistic appraisal of our backline for the next two years in...
1...Injuries, age, stress on just the best back 6 playing all year again as good as they did this year...
2...Best players to trial down back as KP?!?

A free hit really
I'm trying to understand AFL lists. Can anyone tell me if, Rance's departure frees up a spot on our list immeaditely , but doesn't free up salary space until the contract expires?
What did Grigg do? Did he resign completely & stopped taking any payments so that a list spot opened up?
Rance has f*&d us hasn't he?

Rance leaving may prompt the old Houli to rethink about his position at the Club as well..... :think: ;):eek:
1)Houli might look at Rance and go '*'. Don't want to shaft the club like Rance did.
2) he is on 1 yr contracts
3) Allah 1 jehovahs yet to score.

People kept saying some kid call Alex Rance wouldn't make it too. ;)

So any suburban 194cm+ backs running around pre-season who feel they've been harshly dealt with one draft night, I suggest you get down to Punt Rd. this evening.
Brushed off the cobwebs.

1576795062490.png

Would have been handy to know he was going to do this before the trade period. They will shift some contracts around and pay guys more now next year. Should have some cap space for some acquisitions next trade/FA period.
Feel sorry for Cal Moore.We might have kept him if we knew earlier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back