Opinion 2020 membership renewal

If Ken remains senior coach will you be renewing for 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 51.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership tallys of other clubs for those interested a lot of clubs struggling some like Melb probably expected after last year but geelong and brisbane would be disappointed. I have rounded the numbers. The 2 perth clubs hawthorn and adelaide don't have updated numbers available but I know the crows and Dockers are behind last year

Richmond 84000
Collingwood 72000
Essendon 59000
Carlton 53000
Port 48000
Geelong 46000
Sydney 40000
St Kilda 35000
West bulldog 32000
Nth Melb 31000
Melbourne 31000
Brisbane 21000
Gws 21000
Suns 13000

GWS 21,000 I call bullshit

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whatever our "official" numbers are I think AO attendance will be well down on last year. Showdowns and blockbuster games might hold up

but when I think of those small crowds towards the end of last year I reckon we'll struggle to make money at AO this season.

Those empty seats on the eastern wing were a very worrying sight.

Membership numbers do not always correlate to attendances. Port get low attendances for their member numbers. GWS similar.
Cats and Lions get wicked home crowds, but member numbers not extraordinary.

Port actually get pretty good attendence in relation to members. Look at Norf for example, they claim nearly 43,000 but regularly get 15k to their games against interstate sides. Their membership numbers are bogus.

Membership numbers do not always correlate to attendances. Port get low attendances for their member numbers. GWS similar.
Cats and Lions get wicked home crowds, but member numbers not extraordinary.

The Cats have a fairly low capacity stadium but make much more from their home games than we do.

Not sure where this idea that Brisbane get good crowds comes from though. Averaged 24k last year, up from 18k the year before.

Here is the only 2020 membership stuff I have gathered from this site. There are a couple of dodgy numbers.
If anyone has better numbers pls correct me.
PAFC Membership Numbers 290120.jpg
Anyway here are comparisons again in graphical form, based on the above data:
PAFC Membership 290120.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like we will plateau at around 55k this season. About a 10% decline in 2 years. #sackhinkley
I'm waiting for the audited figures later in the season. I reckon we'll hold steady because in the past SANFL memberships counted towards our tally but then would be audited off after. Now an unknown amount of SANFL season tickets have been absorbed into AFL memberships packages. Some people used to count as 2 members.

I'm waiting for the audited figures later in the season. I reckon we'll hold steady because in the past SANFL memberships counted towards our tally but then would be audited off after. Now an unknown amount of SANFL season tickets have been absorbed into AFL memberships packages. Some people used to count as 2 members.
Has this ever been confirmed?

Surely SANFL memberships and low bracket AFL memberships are the numbers that get audited out of the AFL's tally?
The SMA members are allocated. Port get about 2,250 of the 8,000 and the remaining 5,750 get allocated to the crows and get audited out of Port's total by the AFL.

Any membership less than $50 gets audited out ie babies and juniors.

Any Magpies membership which gives you rights to the PAFC, ie vote for directors, use PAFC facilities like Power members, and is $50 or more, is kept in the audited figures.

My wife finally received her original pack in the post today. 2.5 months after it was processed. As we had already arranged a new card the club were unable to reinstate this one. lol. The new one is expected to arrive at Alberton early next week. The member service officer told me hes had a few people call today saying their pack has arrived. Looks like Aus Post has been holding onto them.

My wife finally received her original pack in the post today. 2.5 months after it was processed. As we had already arranged a new card the club were unable to reinstate this one. lol. The new one is expected to arrive at Alberton early next week. The member service officer told me hes had a few people call today saying their pack has arrived. Looks like Aus Post has been holding onto them.
AssuredFoolishGoshawk-size_restricted.gif

Slowly creeping up added about 300 in the last few days. Up to 48500 now. Will end up behind last year but not as much as we all expected. Club can be thankful we are loyal even though they have given us good reason to be frustrated and angry for the last 5 years.

Back