Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
My memories:

Being surrounded by Richmond supporters in a London pub - arrogant campaigners the whole way through
Betts was held!
Holding the ball decisions being called against us where the player was tackled literally simultaneously with getting possession
Martin getting away with fend offs to the face
Hartigan (I think?) being blocked from a mark and getting the call AGAINST him
Walker attempting a miracle goal from the boundary and blasting it OOTF
Me being very sad
Me getting very drunk at the airport for 8 hours and almost missing my flight
Flying to Germany for Oktoberfest on the same day, which in hindsight was probably the best thing that I could have done to take my mind off the loss
My lasting memory was every single ruck contest - Jacobs holding the double fist up to indicate the plan (which was basically stay where you are and I will drop this at my feet), Jacobs getting a clear hit out, and the ball hitting the chest of Richmond players as they ran through the contest.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Only parts I really remember was sitting at 3/4 time dead inside and a mate trying to make me feel better saying "if anyone is gonna choke from here it'll be Richmond " which gave a glimmer of hope that i wish i didn't have as i was already dead so wasn't feeling anything but he made me feel again for a bit longer

Only other thing was being rather stoic for the most part afterwards while the one other Crow supporter melted and broke down and made a spectacule of himself - i held up well until my then gf and I found ourselves alone in the kitchen and she asked how I was and it was then i started bawling hahaha - drank and smoked myself to oblivion

Memories

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
And thosr BF carlton supporters have the nerve to call the crows a rabble..

They are tearing themselves to pieces and being beaten by th crows seems to have been the straw that broke the camels back!...

It's amazing how overprotective and in denial they are about SOS. It reminds me a bit of Essendon supporters with James Hird.

Even when people are making a valid observation that Stocker could potentially be a dud they are being shouted down.

The reality is that SOS was average as a list manager.

He had an unhealthy obsession with GWS castaways and he had way more misses than hits with drafting/recruiting.

Take his dealing with us for instance, we got reamed on the Gibbs trade, but we won the McGovern trade and reamed Carlton with the Stocker trade. As much as Carlton supporters try and delude themselves that they won all three, it's blatantly obvious that we won 2 of the three trades.

He also had a history of trying to be a shady operator, he reneged at the last second on the original Gibbs deal even though it had already been agreed by both parties and then tried something similar last year trying to trade for Pick 6 and tried to stiff us at the last second by substituting a future 1st for a future 2nd and then had a massive cry when Reid caught him out.

They'll never admit it, but the club made the right call showing him the door.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tickets start at 185 for the granny, so look out for armed robberies in the outer West.

45 percent of tickets to competing clubs, based on thier membership numbers. So look out for the rspca shelters joining port as members. Its mouse plague season, lots of numbers there

The rest of the tickets halfed between finals clubs and corporate hospitality.

Evidently the covid Cup has injected 60 million into queen'sland. And some clubs already organising pre season up there. Not good when people can't make thier fathers funeral.

Queensland buddy.

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
From all the interviews I saw with him he seemed like a pretty switched on and mature kid. Which just goes to show how intense the pressure must have been on him after that drama.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's not a Blue in 1-2 years time. TBH its probably the best thing for him

We should rookie him and get him playing good football :)

Oct 7, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's amazing how overprotective and in denial they are about SOS. It reminds me a bit of Essendon supporters with James Hird.

Even when people are making a valid observation that Stocker could potentially be a dud they are being shouted down.

The reality is that SOS was average as a list manager.

He had an unhealthy obsession with GWS castaways and he had way more misses than hits with drafting/recruiting.

Take his dealing with us for instance, we got reamed on the Gibbs trade, but we won the McGovern trade and reamed Carlton with the Stocker trade. As much as Carlton supporters try and delude themselves that they won all three, it's blatantly obvious that we won 2 of the three trades.

He also had a history of trying to be a shady operator, he reneged at the last second on the original Gibbs deal even though it had already been agreed by both parties and then tried something similar last year trying to trade for Pick 6 and tried to stiff us at the last second by substituting a future 1st for a future 2nd and then had a massive cry when Reid caught him out.

They'll never admit it, but the club made the right call showing him the door.
It is bizarre. There is literally nobody on this board that would stand up in the same way for Roo or Hart. Similar champion level, but we can see their (fairly visible) limitations.

The Age: Port Adelaide veteran Justin Westhoff will retire at the end of the season. The swingman told teammates on Thursday that this year will be his last with the club. Westhoff, 33, has been in and out of the Port side this year. He has amassed 280 games over a 14-year career.

Westhoff's career highlight:

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Age: Port Adelaide veteran Justin Westhoff will retire at the end of the season. The swingman told teammates on Thursday that this year will be his last with the club. Westhoff, 33, has been in and out of the Port side this year. He has amassed 280 games over a 14-year career.
Bugger! There goes those laughs.

Westhoff's career highlight:

Best part was Kenny was there too and part of another infamous goal after the siren loss for Port.

1.png

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Had a bit to do with him with his charity work, very good community leader and a good bloke to chat to. Guess that's why I never understood the hatred

As a player I'm surprised he got as far as he did, probably had 4 good years out of 14 but that's better than a lot of players.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
I don’t really get hate for westhoff

I think being Mr Showdown didn't help.

Plus he was also a massive stager as well and often played for frees and 50s.

All in all though he's been a really reliable and handy player for them over a long period of time.

It's funny how things work out because both clubs were after Nick Gill and as we had the pick before Port we ended up taking Gill while Port took Westhoff as their 2nd choice.

History now shows what a bad decision that was.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Speaking of Port, what happened to Jack Watts this year?

It's a geniune question as I haven't heard a peep about him all year.
Struggled with form, just plain no good before injury and unfortunately the injury made him worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back