2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think that the AFL will have to be even more money hungry upon resumption.

Shorter quarters to allow for > 22 games in a season

Shorter quarters mean 5 day breaks are more palatable, opening up the door for more Monday/Thursday night football

Shorter games means that they might be able to schedule the 9 matches each round in unique timeslots:
Thur night
Fri night
Sat triple header
Sun triple header
Mon night
Means exclusive tv rights for every game

Top 10 teams make finals so more finals matches

Night grand final for tv

You'd think that the AFL will have to be even more money hungry upon resumption.

Shorter quarters mean 5 day breaks are more palatable, opening up the door for more Monday/Thursday night football

Shorter games means that they might be able to schedule the 9 matches each round in unique timeslots:
Thur night
Fri night
Sat triple header
Sun triple header
Mon night

Night grand final for tv
#Festivaloffootball

If it can't be at the MCG there is no reason they should be playing it at a fixed venue. Should be played at the home ground of the highest placed finisher

* that, if it is a non-Vic vs a Vic team in the GF, it is played at the non-Vic venue.

Makes up (however small) a bit for the injustice of all the other times the lower finishing Vic side gets a home GF.

Might have to resurrect my Football Feast idea

Oh, also they will need to make tickets, food, drink and parking at the footy more expensive.
Youd reckon there will be a period of goodwill towards the fans in the early days. I wouldn't think we would see price increases in 2021..... but after that there's going to have to be.

$18 per Super Dry at AO in 2022 !!!

probably not. There’s only so many cricket games that would bring more cash to the stadium owner than the AFL GF. Most can get shunted to more regional venues.
Carlton are very eager to see Princes Park back in use again. Gotta get some return on the money they spent building a grandstand, only to see it removed from the list of AFL venues 12 months later...

If the MCG is unavailable, won't Adelaide Oval, SCG and the Gabba also be?

That's what I'm thinking. If the reason that the MCG won't be available is the mens T20 World Cup, then that wipes out the Gabba, SCG, Optus, and Adelaide Oval as well, which is the likely reason Marvel is being slated for an October GF.

We're also assuming the mens T20 World Cup isn't postponed, which is possible.

Thur night
Fri night
Sat triple header
Sun triple header
Mon night

Night grand final for tv

I’m tiring of posting it, but I cannot understand why Thursdays aren’t permanent. They use them mostly during bye rounds when there’s less clashes, but dump them in favour of more clashes when there’s 9 games Friday to Sunday. So 6 games Thursday to Sunday is good, but when it’s 9 games it’s Friday to Sunday.

I’m tiring of posting it, but I cannot understand why Thursdays aren’t permanent. They use them mostly during bye rounds when there’s less clashes, but dump them in favour of more clashes when there’s 9 games Friday to Sunday. So 6 games Thursday to Sunday is good, but when it’s 9 games it’s Friday to Sunday.
They should use them during school holidays. I can fully understand why we don't have more Thursdays.

Far better than Monday nights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not gonna argue with that, hence why we don't have them. About to get our first dog though.
Once you have a dog, you won't look back.

I currently have 6.

Carlton are very eager to see Princes Park back in use again. Gotta get some return on the money they spent building a grandstand, only to see it removed from the list of AFL venues 12 months later...

You're alive Vader! How did the cruise go? Were you in limbo between Aus and NZ, with noone accepting you? I hope you weren't on a "Princess" ship. ;)

Nah greyhound

A mate of mine just bought an Aussie bulldog, shes a cutie.
So many greyhounds in my area. One couple have 3 & organise group greyhound walks... though probably not again for a while.

True couch potatoes...

So many greyhounds in my area. One couple have 3 & organise group greyhound walks... though probably not again for a while.

True couch potatoes...
Since me and the missus aren't home during the day we needed to find the one suited to us.

They can get a bit lonely, but yep generally when you get home theyre in the same place you left them.

Since me and the missus aren't home during the day we needed to find the one suited to us.

They can get a bit lonely, but yep generally when you get home theyre in the same place you left them.
So you need 2 so they are not lonely. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back