2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the average AFL supporter even care? What a waste of time and energy to introduce a change that no one asked for nor needed.
Unless they can now do their own interpretation of goal signals like cricket umpires and their signals.

Just on useless goal umpires trivial questions, why do they wear hats at night? They should change their hats depending on the conditions.

Adelaide Oval = Top hat and collar (buckets for port games)
Richmond hats for MCG games (to match the field umpires)
Beanies for games at Geelong
2 beanies for games in Tassie
Lifesaver caps for GC games

Does the average AFL supporter even care? What a waste of time and energy to introduce a change that no one asked for nor needed.
I actually thought why aren't they going into the middle?

I still think they should go into the middle. They don't have a lot to do to be honest.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Watching Australian Story, its about Marlion Pickett...... very raw.

So the Power's China game looks almost a lock to be moved to Cairns.

The question has to be asked, Saints risk losing a significant home ground advantage to potentially land in the 8 is worth $700k to them, is it really worth it?

Why not forfeit the $700k and play at the Dome, land the win and potentially make it harder for the Power to grab the position in the 8 that they are likely competing for???

If it’s an extra $700k in the coffers or wanting the W to play finals, I’d say they’ve probably made the right call.

I actually thought why aren't they going into the middle?

I still think they should go into the middle. They don't have a lot to do to be honest.

Ive always felt they should have a portable chair to sit on when the ball is at the other end. :p

I liked how the goal umpires could signal goals from anywhere in the olden 90s days

Kept an element of surprise to it all

Thumbs up AFL!

Imagine how they must feel whenever ROB lines up for goal. "* I'm going to have to do some running here".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive always felt they should have a portable chair to sit on when the ball is at the other end. :p
A stool or a rocking chair?
Stool would give you a lot of versatility but I have a spare rocking chair handy.

A stool or a rocking chair?
Stool would give you a lot of versatility but I have a spare rocking chair handy.

Something thats flexible depending on their needs for the day.

Portable-Facial-Chair.gif

So the Power's China game looks almost a lock to be moved to Cairns.

The question has to be asked, Saints risk losing a significant home ground advantage to potentially land in the 8 is worth $700k to them, is it really worth it?

Why not forfeit the $700k and play at the Dome, land the win and potentially make it harder for the Power to grab the position in the 8 that they are likely competing for???

Read the article, my question is why would the QLD government want to chip in to help fund a St. Kilda vs Port Power AFL game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I liked how the goal umpires could signal goals from anywhere in the olden 90s days

Thumbs up AFL!

Thumbs down when compared to what other sports are doing, they’re killing the theatre of suspense. What should happen is the umpire returns to the middle point of the goal line, goes through the full routine for a goal with both arms every time but if it’s a point they drop one arm out right at the end.

A 30 minute podcast with 1-2 hosts and a rotation through every player on the playing list as the season goes on (1-2 per week), with a proper weekly schedule, would be fantastic

Danger used to host one with Kat Gill about 5-6 years ago that was actually pretty good. Would regularly have JJ and Lynch on and was a lot of banter. Every now and then they'd bring in a newer player and chat to them. I actually really liked it. It was a fun insight.

Thumbs up AFL!
I liked how they didn't always look dead forward either. If someone kicked it from 45° they'd signal it towards where they kicked from or where the umpire was. But with all the focus on TV presentation I'd imagine that won't return.

I first read that as public overload issue and wondered how I missed Dangerfield being traded to the Roos
Irony...I then say this post two above mine...Says it all

Danger used to host one with Kat Gill about 5-6 years ago that was actually pretty good. Would regularly have JJ and Lynch on and was a lot of banter. Every now and then they'd bring in a newer player and chat to them. I actually really liked it. It was a fun insight.

I liked how they didn't always look dead forward either. If someone kicked it from 45° they'd signal it towards where they kicked from or where the umpire was. But with all the focus on TV presentation I'd imagine that won't return.
They should go back to wearing long white coats and a moustache.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back