Mega Thread 2020 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine question. Has his year really been that much better than what he produced here? I don't really think it has been but here he was overshadowed by Fyfe and gets more exposure in Brisbane.
The year he was the primary midfielder able to hunt the ball with Fyfe injured, where he set a record for disposals, was similar.

Doing that in losses isn't useful though

At least half I would say.

Your second part is my point. Whether he has improved or not is not up for debate. He obviously has and has had to being the big fish in their midfield. His role change has helped in that get him more exposure as well. He just doesn't have the people stealing votes from him whereas he did here. I am saying that I don't think that his season has been that much better than what he gave us despite what the media will tell you. He was just unlucky that he had a player that will go down as one of the top 2 all-time greats of the club stealing the limelight from him.

I don’t follow it that closely, has the media said that he’s had a much better season than he ever had at Freo?

I don’t follow it that closely, has the media said that he’s had a much better season than he ever had at Freo?
I don’t recall much mention of his time at Freo in this years media at all TBH. He’s had a great season and been the best player in the fourth placed team. We all knew he was very good but at the end of the day Serong will be better... hopefully... please... 😉

He's been vocally supportive of playing forward more but surely there's a big part of Fyfe that's pretty dirty he's not getting as many votes? Freaking Greenwood polled more for crying out loud

I don’t recall much mention of his time at Freo in this years media at all TBH. He’s had a great season and been the best player in the fourth placed team. We all knew he was very good but at the end of the day Serong will be better... hopefully... please... 😉

No, I didn’t think so. Due to the way we as supporters have been treated by the media over the years we tend to get a bit paranoid about such things.

Well done to Lachie. Pick 58 is a highlight for our recruiting surely?

All the hindsight on this trade, he got us pick 6 (hogan/Lobb) Will he lead lions to a flag maybe? He would not have taken us to a flag and he is fulfilling his potential so it’s a win/ win for me

This is a real headline from The West online atm...

Umpires snub Nic Nat in Brownlow

Sounds like tomorrow's front page to me with Lachie getting a teaser at the bottom. A bit surprised they didn't leave the big cry about Willie Rioli from a few days back until now for back to back Brownlow issues.
But how though? Less then ten marks ALL year, averages 7-8 disposals a game. Doesn’t do anything else other then taps and centre clearances. Wa media need to GTFO and study the game more

The year he was the primary midfielder able to hunt the ball with Fyfe injured, where he set a record for disposals, was similar.

Doing that in losses isn't useful though
Yep, only real difference was Lachie kicked a few more goals this year but tbh you could say 2016 was an abberation in the goal kicking department for Lachie, he kicked slightly less that year because we were a shocking team otherwise his others are pretty much in line with this one.

If we were good in 2016 we may have seen Lachie poach the brownlow, or atleast come very close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a real headline from The West online atm...

Umpires snub Nic Nat in Brownlow

Sounds like tomorrow's front page to me with Lachie getting a teaser at the bottom. A bit surprised they didn't leave the big cry about Willie Rioli from a few days back until now for back to back Brownlow issues.
If it’s any consolation to Nic he managed to get his mug on the front page of the paper again.

Lachie has definitely improved his all round game, as you'd expect someone of his experience coming into his prime. But to say he hasn't improved all that much isn't a sleight because he was already a star at Freo.

His best years coincided with Freo falling off a cliff which led to him being quite underrated. In 2016 he broke the all time disposal record, but couldn't get an AA gig despite scoring 20 votes from a bottom 4 side. Tom Mitchell did the same thing a year later in a good team and received AA and a brownlow.

It's a shame we couldn't have gotten our act together a couple years earlier with the list and staff changes to clear up our direction, he may have stayed.
You could understand him looking around in 2018 seeing guys on the list not working hard enough, or getting preferential treatment, whilst the team got flogged every second week, whilst on a bad deal financially. It's clearly been a good move for him but I still hope we can get our act together and achieve some team success to make him regret it.

Lachie has definitely improved his all round game, as you'd expect someone of his experience coming into his prime. But to say he hasn't improved all that much isn't a sleight because he was already a star at Freo.

His best years coincided with Freo falling off a cliff which led to him being quite underrated. In 2016 he broke the all time disposal record, but couldn't get an AA gig despite scoring 20 votes from a bottom 4 side. Tom Mitchell did the same thing a year later in a good team and received AA and a brownlow.

It's a shame we couldn't have gotten our act together a couple years earlier with the list and staff changes to clear up our direction, he may have stayed.
You could understand him looking around in 2018 seeing guys on the list not working hard enough, or getting preferential treatment, whilst the team got flogged every second week, whilst on a bad deal financially. It's clearly been a good move for him but I still hope we can get our act together and achieve some team success to make him regret it.
Agree. 2016-2018 having many spuds on the list while De Boer, Barlow left clearly showed him the club isn’t improving anytime soon. A first year Brayshaw and Cerra finished 2018. Even with Fyfe there, it was clear Lachie better prepare for a long rebuild.
Well done on Brisbane getting into his ear, perfect timing really.

That win says as much about Brisbane's starting inside midfield brigade as it does about Lachie.
They should be throwing their money at another midfielder rather than Daniher.
Someone that could end up better than Lachie? Don't think he'll let that happen...

Apparently, big snoz said on 6PR this morning that 7 are just going to have their commentators calling the games from the studio in Melbourne like they are doing now. The only people they will have at the ground will be a host and a boundary rider.

IMO that would be a horrible move. You need that insight as to what is happening off the ball that you can only get from someone at the ground. If they are just going to call the game based on the same pictures we are seeing, then there is no use having the commentators.

Apparently, big snoz said on 6PR this morning that 7 are just going to have their commentators calling the games from the studio in Melbourne like they are doing now. The only people they will have at the ground will be a host and a boundary rider.

IMO that would be a horrible move. You need that insight as to what is happening off the ball that you can only get from someone at the ground. If they are just going to call the game based on the same pictures we are seeing, then there is no use having the commentators.
Some of them were calling off the monitor already.

Some of them were calling off the monitor already.
Bruce hasn’t left Adelaide as far as I know. BT did his two weeks quarantine in QLD so he will call live from the ground. No idea about the rest. Haven’t noticed a difference in quality, it’s just as s**t now as it was last season.

Bruce hasn’t left Adelaide as far as I know. BT did his two weeks quarantine in QLD so he will call live from the ground. No idea about the rest. Haven’t noticed a difference in quality, it’s just as sh*t now as it was last season.
I meant even before this season. They would call off the monitor whilst in the commentary box.

Bruce hasn’t left Adelaide as far as I know. BT did his two weeks quarantine in QLD so he will call live from the ground. No idea about the rest. Haven’t noticed a difference in quality, it’s just as sh*t now as it was last season.
nah i reckon BT has been even shitter then before, him and bruce as a duo have been horrific this year. expecting fox to do the same sadly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back