List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Arbitrarily assigned points values are irrelevant because they’re numbers, not players.

Are they drugging people in the water supply or something?

For the 1000th time- UNLESS YOU ARE MATCHING BIDS OR TRADING TO A CLUB TRYING TO DODGE BIDS NO PICK IS EQUIVALENT TO ANYTHING BUT ITSELF.

Pick 1 is pick 1. Picks 4 and 5 are picks 4 and 5. They don't magically fuse into pick 1 when boiled into a plasma jelly.

They’re not arbitrary though. They are correlated with the average earnings of players taken at that pick. I take your point but at least they have some empirical indication of value.

They’re only relevant for the bidding system for FS/Academy players.

Two mid to late second round picks are not equal to a top 15 selection, regardless of the assigned points value.

Are they drugging people in the water supply or something?

For the 1000th time- UNLESS YOU ARE MATCHING BIDS OR TRADING TO A CLUB TRYING TO DODGE BIDS NO PICK IS EQUIVALENT TO ANYTHING BUT ITSELF.

Pick 1 is pick 1. Picks 4 and 5 are picks 4 and 5. They don't magically fuse into pick 1 when boiled into a plasma jelly.

It’s truly bizarre.

‘We got 23, 24, 26, and 28. Its equals to pick one!!! YAY!’

It’s truly bizarre.

If 3 ugly blokes all hit on the same pretty girl at the same time does she think "you know, individually they're repulsive but collectively they're equivalent to Brad Pitt"?

It’s truly bizarre.

You and King Corey are correct - with academy and f/s picks likely in the first round each year, points are genuinely a currency, but the value is only equivalent if you can trade the points for that actual pick. We will have to wait and see a) what we get back in trades and then b) what we do with that return and what players we can turn it into. To be honest, and to my surprise, I find the points trading possibilities have added interest to the draft process.

We’re in talks with Stephenson. Don’t know why... we need to fix the culture problem not add to it.
Good
He’s in our age bracket and we can get him relatively cheap

Trained with us for a week or 2 as part of AIS so they’d have a relationship already

We’re in talks with Stephenson. Don’t know why... we need to fix the culture problem not add to it.
not sold on him as a player as i beleive he hears footsteps however if a part of his wage qwas covered and only for a few seasons to cover his current deal and a pick out way would prolly consider him. we did have a bit of history with him , think he trained with us b4 he was drafted,

what Z said :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaidyn Stephenson has met with North Melbourne as he considers his future.

Treloar does medical at Dogs, Stephenson talks with North
By Michael Gleeson and Sam McClure
November 10, 2020 — 6.37pm

Collingwood midfielder Adam Treloar has done a medical at the Western Bulldogs while teammate Jaidyn Stephenson has met with North Melbourne as he considers his future.

Treloar met with the Bulldogs at a discreet location away from Whitten Oval on Tuesday and had a medical after meeting with coaches and key staff.

The Dogs wanted to assess the player's hamstrings in particular after he tore the hamstrings of both legs last year in an unusual incident and then tore a hamstring this year.

The results of the medical will be known on Wednesday and will determine whether the Dogs pursue talks with Collingwood for the player who is contracted for five more years with the Magpies on about $900,000 a year.

The Dogs also wanted to understand Treloar’s personal situation with his partner Kim Ravaillion moving with their young baby to Queensland next year for her to play netball on the Gold Coast.

Treloar has reportedly indicated he now considers it unlikely that he could return to Collingwood but he wants to play for a Victorian club and preferably one in finals or flag contention.

The Dogs say any move for Treloar is independent of a decision on Josh Dunkley after their midfielder asked to be traded to Essendon.

It is not inconceivable, but it is unlikely, the Bulldogs would trade for Treloar and still hold onto Dunkley.

Sources suggest they have sufficient salary cap space for the two players but the very fact of bringing in Treloar would mean there would be even more pressure for time playing on the ball next year and Dunkley had said time spent playing on the ball was a prime reason for his interest in a move to Essendon.
The Bulldogs are increasingly frustrated that the Bombers have offered a contract to their contracted player to encourage him to leave the club but to date have offered only a pick that they do not yet have – pick eight that Essendon will almost certainly get from Carlton as part of any exchange still being negotiated for Adam Saad.

Essendon has not offered either of the picks - six or seven – that they already have in the draft for Dunkley.

Meanwhile, former rising star winner Stephenson has spoken with North Melbourne about a possible trade.

Stephenson is contracted to Collingwood but the club has been open to the idea of him looking elsewhere if it delivered them the right deal. Stephenson had initially insisted he wanted to remain at Collingwood and rediscover his best form but he agreed to speak with North this week and explore the option.

Stephenson has had a difficult past two seasons with a gambling suspension last year then glandular fever this year leading to a drop in his form. He was dropped late in the year.

If 3 ugly blokes all hit on the same pretty girl at the same time does she think "you know, individually they're repulsive but collectively they're equivalent to Brad Pitt"?
It's like the two blokes who encounter a grizzly bear in the woods. One says to the other, RUN!!!". The other turns and says, "You can't outrun a grizzly bear!".

The first bloke says, "No. But I can out-run you".

So the moral here is, a clean shirt and jocks, brush your teeth and hair. You might still be ugly, but you just want to be less ugly than the other three.

Actually, that has nothing to do with North getting reamed over the best forward to come on the trade market in years does it???

I don't mind us talking with Stevo. If we get him for cheap enough then why not. Could be a decent trade haul for us with Corr, Young and Stevo. Particularly if we manage to keep our 2 first rounders.

Not bad for a club with no coach and finished equal bottom.

Meanwhile, former rising star winner Stephenson has spoken with North Melbourne about a possible trade.

Stephenson is contracted to Collingwood but the club has been open to the idea of him looking elsewhere if it delivered them the right deal. Stephenson had initially insisted he wanted to remain at Collingwood and rediscover his best form but he agreed to speak with North this week and explore the option.

Stephenson has had a difficult past two seasons with a gambling suspension last year then glandular fever this year leading to a drop in his form. He was dropped late in the year.

A yes from me. Personally think the criticism has been a bit harsh. I think he can turn it around, and if he does and we get him on the cheap will be a steal.

I don't mind Stephenson actually. Think he needs to be played further up the ground, on the wing. Hopefully he's over his glandular fever and can build his fitness back up. If he doesn't cost too much in a trade, I think he has the potential to be a good player. Bit of a risk with some background issues but worth a punt I reckon.

Won't be losing any sleep if he stays put though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back