List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s probably something the club would look at tbh. We’ve got Tom Green and Caldwell who struggle to get a game, and we are full of inside mids.
It would look strange on paper to let Taranto go, but you are well stocked in the midfield that if you can leverage one of them to boost a weakness, then you can still come out ahead.

Unfortunately, we don't have any players of value to involve in the trade to help you guys instantly so it would just be draft picks.

Aside from the ruck (because Marshall is off limits) what areas are you desperate for players in?

It’s probably something the club would look at tbh. We’ve got Tom Green and Caldwell who struggle to get a game, and we are full of inside mids.

Only thing is he’s contracted. I know they’re starting to mean less and less these days but it does give you more control over telling him he’s a required player.

Out of interest where do you rank him in your midfield hierarchy? Personally rate him only behind Kelly at present. You definitely do have plenty of depth of those types of players though which means it’s probably not as big of a loss as it generally would be to most sides.

I just don’t see why the Giants would entertain the idea of Taranto leaving in any way while he’s contracted. 22 years old, b&f winner, former pick 2. Surely you’d just flat out say no deal.
He just might want out - personnel problems / you never know - cant blame him , being a guy from Melbourne just might want to go home.
Watching how they played against us , they need to change something - but I thought it would be the coach not there best inside mid.

Only thing is he’s contracted. I know they’re starting to mean less and less these days but it does give you more control over telling him he’s a required player.

Out of interest where do you rank him in your midfield hierarchy? Personally rate him only behind Kelly at present. You definitely do have plenty of depth of those types of players though which means it’s probably not as big of a loss as it generally would be to most sides.
He was our B&F last year in a gf team at about 21 yrs old. He was a pick 2. He’s a bull.

It would look strange on paper to let Taranto go, but you are well stocked in the midfield that if you can leverage one of them to boost a weakness, then you can still come out ahead.

Unfortunately, we don't have any players of value to involve in the trade to help you guys instantly so it would just be draft picks.

Aside from the ruck (because Marshall is off limits) what areas are you desperate for players in?
Hard running good users. Eg Brad Hill.

I just don’t see why the Giants would entertain the idea of Taranto leaving in any way while he’s contracted. 22 years old, b&f winner, former pick 2. Surely you’d just flat out say no deal.
Unless Taranto demands to come home

He had a injury problem this year and missed a the first 6 rounds , but won the F and Best last year as a 21yr old so going by that he just about there best midfielder - a inside mid that can take a contested mark and kick goals / no wonder why we want him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t see how we pull that off without trading away a billings or a Gresham for a first rounder back ..
Normally the price for that kind of deal is 2 firsts with a 2nd coming back.

We'd then have to get back into.the first round next year going by the rules, but with two 2nd round picks it shouldn't be too hard to trade up.

Unfortunately firsts this year might not hold the value of what they normally would, especially since ours might end up about 15 or 16 even before academy picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back