List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sources close to Crouch's deal say that St Kilda's offer to him is four years with a trigger for a fifth, worth between $600,000-$650,000 per season. (In the 2nd half of the article)

Gotta love Dodo Lol

“Essendon have explored contingencies for players who could come in. Sources suggest there has been some tyre kicking approaches regarding players such as Ben Brown from North Melbourne.”

From what I have seen Higgins has a far higher ceiling than butler. The way he played this year I would also say his Head injury is behind him wasn’t awful just had no pre season and as we all know about this year once your out of the team very hard to get back in.

I can see a situation where 15 is given up for Higgins and change

Tippett was due to not declaring 3rd party payments which would have been within the salary cap but the AFL mainly got us on doing a "gentlemen's" agreement to trade him for a 2nd rounder if he wanted to go back home to Queensland and this was consider draft tampering by the AFL although we were getting duded WTF????. Anyway, looks like we will be matching and B.Crouch is happy to stay at the Crows and get the long term contract he always wanted, the issue was reportedly around the extra 2 years so he will get his 5 years no matter what happens. This is the point of the FA, both players and clubs get compensated for what they want.

WELL DONE MATE!!! That is a great outcome. You should be really happy with all the work you put in on this thread. Crows list management must be stoked!!

1603875609705.gif

I don’t think Brad Crouch is worth selling the farm for, if pick 19 isn’t good enough to satisfy Adelaide I don’t really think we’re in the same ball park of his worth. It’s not like he’s a 21 - 24 year old, elite mid.

I think our pick 14 or 15, whatever it is, is about what he’s worth, but if Adelaide aren’t happy with an end of first round pick that makes me think they rage him higher.

If we walked away I’d be a little disappointed, but given the talk that he’s basically been shopping himself around if he worried he’s basically looking for a cushy retirement home.

Ok so Luke Parker...?

Dildoro hasbeen at Essendon since 2005. Guess which team hasn't won a final since then? He is a joke who is hated in the industry. He has also introduced the "expertise" of Tony "herpes" Elshaug. Between those two incompetent idiots, we should see the drug cheats extend their losing run for another decade or so. How sweet it is!

He must have a hell of a lot of inside info on the drug scandal etc....to still be in a job.

Journo: Are you aware that since you joined the club 15 years has passed and no win in finals?

Dodo:
1603875903969.gif

Tippett was due to not declaring 3rd party payments which would have been within the salary cap but the AFL mainly got us on doing a "gentlemen's" agreement to trade him for a 2nd rounder if he wanted to go back home to Queensland and this was consider draft tampering by the AFL although we were getting duded WTF????. Anyway, looks like we will be matching and B.Crouch is happy to stay at the Crows and get the long term contract he always wanted, the issue was reportedly around the extra 2 years so he will get his 5 years no matter what happens. This is the point of the FA, both players and clubs get compensated for what they want.
as i said RORTING the system ...

Agree.

Crouch will be 27 by the time next season starts and he hasn't played 100 games. Only once this year did he have 30 possessions as the premier mid in the wooden spoon team. I'll be happy to for us to get him but I think some people are severely over rating what he's actually done so far. Saying pick 15 is way unders is crazy based on performance.

Treloar by comparison had 30+ possessions in 18 games in 2019. Injury interrupted season this year but when have we ever had a mid that prolific ?
He’s like prime Jack Steven on steroids.

Sources close to Crouch's deal say that St Kilda's offer to him is four years with a trigger for a fifth, worth between $600,000-$650,000 per season. (In the 2nd half of the article)

The crows should really look into hiring professionals to do their list management and negotiations ABAB

Your rebuild is gonna take twice as long with those amateurs you've got currently.

There is more chance of the crows signing YOU up for 4 years than brad.

Poor Adelaide don't have any power in this Crouch situation at all! They know they won't match our offer - presumably a 4-5 year deal worth 600k K - that's why they're shopping him around!

The only power they have is to try and convince us that he's worth splashing out 800k on. How do they do that? Pressure from the media of course!

So you can expect once there's rumblings that we won't pay enough for band one that they'll be plenty of voices in the media ready to question our competence or sanity: "What, they won't pay the right price for this proven gun? What a bunch of amateurs!" LOL!

It might not pressure the club directly but if they convince enough insecure Saints supporters (we all know our mental Achilles Heel is St Kilda being called incompetent or small time, because it's historically accurate - to our great shame) and they get enough of these Saints supporters on social media crying their asses off about how their club is being run by a bunch of amateurs again, Adelaide might figure that the the war room might consider saving face and splashing out a little extra - in which case they really don't know Simon Lethlean at all and have misjudged James Gallagher!

Also I think this is also one of the reasons why we're getting a lot of friendly and seemingly reasonable Crows posters on this thread very eager to tell us just what an absolute gun Brad Crouch is. I mean I did the same with Bulldogs fans for Juicy Brucey last year and not even cynically, I actually believed it.

But just remember; if we walk away from a trade, this isn't the Saints being amateurs or small time. Quite the opposite. In fact, I think it's very possible that Treloar is either legitimately being explored as a plan B or even just used as proof that we haven't put all our eggs in the Crouch basket.

They'll match and we will use 15 with dunstan and other picks back

We will melt and then we will all move on

I know i know
Im not happy about it either ffs
giphy - 2020-10-19T195434.643.gif

But its prob whats gonna happen and that crow abdknobade is gonna troll you campaigners lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only once this year did he have 30 possessions as the premier mid in the wooden spoon team. I'll be happy to for us to get him but I think some people are severely over rating what he's actually done so far. Saying pick 15 is way unders is crazy based on performance.

Treloar by comparison had 30+ possessions in 18 games in 2019.

You're comparing treloars 2019 stats with crouch's 2020 stats.

Games were 25% shorter in 2020- hardly anyone hit 30+ possies!

Crouch and Higgins would be one hell of a trade period. Higgins is an absolute gun and we probably haven't seen what he can be as a mid yet.

Yeah Higgins isn't just a small forward he can run through the midfield as well so gives us added flexibility, we could rotate him between forward and midfield with the likes of Gresham and Billings.

On top of that he is coming from a successful culture at Richmond like Butler and would have some good intel on their game plan, seems like a great bloke too.

Just getting Crouch and Higgins would be a good trade period for us, picking up any other quality players would be a bonus.

Ok so Luke Parker...?

No chance, forget about it.

Play him half forward.

That's the plan, we've had dean kent stinking it up there all year... and he's kept his spot because he's the best of a bad bunch.

Hey guys, sorry for the intrusion, IMO
there is no way you’d offer Brad a long term big money deal, has never been a elite level player, also has had trouble staying on the park, then there’s the nose candy aspect, none of this equals a 5yr $750+ type deal, Crows should take the ban 2 compo and be happy they got that.
Ok

only if he signs the Crows contract .. as the paperwork has been lodged for his transfer the new matched offer becomes his new contract should he sign it .. if he doesnt sign it his contract with the crows ends and his only option is the draft ...

incorrect. if adelaide match the offer and he rejects it, then adelaide can still trade him.

he would be in the exact same boat as lonie then.

i dont think the crows can match the FA offer and still have him contracted to his old contract at the same time otherwise free agency wouldnt work and every club would jus match the offer and trade them under their old contract ..

this is the very thing people are stating will happen if Adelaide matches the offer. that's how the system works.

if it didn't happen this way, then people would not be talking about the need to trade for crouch if adelaide match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back