Training 2020 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Not concerned what this group does this year, more concerned with what we develop when it's our time to strike

Give TDK games now if the likes of Charlie and Harry are missing early

And importantly, play doc out of the middle full time.

Me? No.

I assumed you'd home made a ghillie suit out of AstroTurf and hid out on a flank, muttering into a Dictaphone.
Actually my strategy is to just waltz in and act like I own the joint....then I had in plain sight.

eveyone looks at me.....and I stare back with a “wtf do you want?” Look on my face

then they just go about their business?

🤷‍♂️

Terrific that Macreadie was involved in match sim.

HARKER, just for my running injury list, extent of involvement in drills, running, anything etc for the following, if possible:

McGovern
McKay

Hoping that the rest are just load management/soreness in the lead up to Thursday afternoon.
God almighty I gave you a report on mcg 24 hours earlier!

you’re never happy!!

😜

Seems like coaching staff think he is on track for round 1, McKay seems to think he is on track for round 1, but his low level of involvement in training currently leaves much doubt as to his readiness.

I think we are in a watch and wait phase.
Windows’ opinion matters MOST

he won’t play round one

The backline looks to be in good shape.
Weitering Jones Plowman and Marchbank all ready to go for round 1.
Kreuzer reportedly in career best shape = ruck sorted.
Teague reporting today that McKay and McGovern tracking well to be right for round 1 also, throw in either Kennedy or Silvagni as the 3rd forward.
That’s pretty much the framework taken care of with the midfield/wings/flanks/pockets to be decided on through and after the practice games ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok fine I owe you an apology

my notes in my phone included:

Cunners and martin fit. 1’32” full lap not flat out
Jack super fit
Macreadie actually training
No sign McKAy
Marchy full”

but I didn’t bother posting the Macreadie comment!!

Briefly thought I needed to call in the human archive himself in Dravid's in for some back-up.

For future reference, when players transition into full-contact match simulation, it is probably worth mentioning. Although, perhaps today was his first time, so the fault may not be yours.

Briefly thought I needed to call in the human archive himself in Dravid's in for some back-up.

For future reference, when players transition into full-contact match simulation, it is probably worth mentioning. Although, perhaps today was his first time, so the fault may not be yours.
Tbh I don’t really think of Macreadie as noteworthy yet. Like play some footy and make it decent and I may focus a bit more. Until then I barely bother. At least he made it into my notes!

btw fhwre was no acfual matchsim on Thursday. Just drills.

so NER NER ne ner ner

Arguably Betts does things you can’t teach. Owies May be able to learn off him but no way will he be able to do what Eddie has done.
Hmmm...

Given how everything in recent times on this site has turned into a bit of a shitfight, I'm not going to say much more than this: on one hand, I understand what you're getting at. On the other, he practices what he 'does' like crazy. It kind of undervalues how much work he puts in to do what he 'does' to suggest that it's innately something only he can do, rather than something he worked himself to the bone to be able to do.

Actually my strategy is to just waltz in and act like I own the joint....then I had in plain sight.

eveyone looks at me.....and I stare back with a “wtf do you want?” Look on my face

then they just go about their business?

🤷‍♂️
Really?

I'd have thought you'd just have hoped people would look through you and forget you were there.

100% Arr0w.....as much as we'd love everyone to be up and running for the opening round, I would much rather take the conservative approach....which seems to the be the policy that Jacky Russell employs....

The last thing we want is for H to limp off during the Tiggs game that leaves us one short for the game, as well as him having an extended spell on the sidelines. Hypothetical...we lose round 1, but a match fit H comes back the following round, and we win the next 5 or 6 games.

I trust Russell and his crew to make the correct call, and give players the thumbs up when they are match fit.
Imo if he plays rnd 1 he will be fit.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

I saw in the Teague interview he mentioned that the 4 guys training with us will all be having a run in the practice match on Thursday so I guess that means they are eligible to play in practice matches at least if not the official pre season games.
Quite often in these matches there are extra players to help with the load.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back