Training 2020 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know if you've noticed but I reckon he's used the right more in the last 2 years than he has for the previous 16 combined.

He's not exactly hitting up targets with it but he's been getting plenty of clearances with it, though he has hit 1 or 2 on the right when he has had to recently. Be good if Fisher could at least get to the point where he could get a clearance or 2 with it.
Had 3 clearances in round 1 and averaged 3 a game last year (including games where he got 6, 7 & 8)

rowell was better - should have taken cotchin...........

Cotchin and Lennon
or Kreuzer and Cripps?

Yeah, yeah. They won flags with Cotchin. We have nothing to show yet. Shuddup, tho...

Last edited:
simmo gets out of trouble with it more often these day - used to be if he was trapped on his right, the whistle would go and the ump would say "come on, kade, hand it over........."

Yeah Simmo has developed a right foot over his career and he's a better player for it...now opponents don't know which way he'll go instead of closing down his left foot only with confidence.

Hopefully Zac can do the same, it'll make him a better player and less limited.

simmo gets out of trouble with it more often these day - used to be if he was trapped on his right, the whistle would go and the ump would say "come on, kade, hand it over........."
Goes to show you can teach an old dog new tricks...

Let's hope Fish figured it out before year 16, however...

Overall like the highlights here. Have to say I’m loving the look of Owies. Quite a latecomer to footy but seems to have some real football IQ. Positioning in marking contests is usually excellent, and his goal sense is impressive. Might be hard to crack into the seniors if we keep playing well, but could do a lot worse than giving him an opportunity.
I seem to recall he was a promising junior prospect until getting side-tracked by basketball, so not quite that late. BTW, his basketball highlight reel drips with agility and busyness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the bombers website (fortunately I have a large supply of sanitizer):

Jayden Laverde and Ned Cahill led the goalkicking with three apiece, while Mitch Hibberd (two), Andrew Phillips, Nick Bryan and Irving Mosquito also registered majors.

11 goals to our 12 so I guess it is a win

The highlights show poor defending by our boys but less impressive.

Jayden Laverde and Ned Cahill led the goalkicking with three apiece, while Mitch Hibberd (two), Andrew Phillips, Nick Bryan and Irving Mosquito also registered majors.
what a future I see for them.........

That player Honey gets around has some serious speed, made it look easy. Freak!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I want to know how he goes in general play. These highlights are great, but if it's a highlight then he disappears for a quarter or a half, that's not too good.

Hopefully he stays engaged throughout the game. Hard to tell from these videos though.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

- 36. Josh Honey

Honey played half a game, so in effect it was 40 minutes. In that time, he absolutely blew up the GPS: I think he had the second most amount of sprints but only played half the time. That just shows what we can get from him, which is really exciting moving forward. His ability to break away from a contest and then get on the second or third chain is exceptional. He’s an exciting prospect.

Makes for a good read.
Also good was Matt Kennedy.

*Mod edit: Link inserted as per article posting rules

Last edited by a moderator:
- 36. Josh Honey

Honey played half a game, so in effect it was 40 minutes. In that time, he absolutely blew up the GPS: I think he had the second most amount of sprints but only played half the time. That just shows what we can get from him, which is really exciting moving forward. His ability to break away from a contest and then get on the second or third chain is exceptional. He’s an exciting prospect.

Makes for a good read.
Also good was Matt Kennedy.

I get the feeling there is either a fair amount of sugar coating or we are building a list that will put together a successful dynasty.:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back