Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Last edited by a moderator:

2021 Colgate AFL Grand Final Sprint Confirmed

The AFL is delighted to announce the Colgate AFL Grand Final Sprint will take place at the 2021 Toyota AFL Grand Final on September 25, 2021.

Colgate, the Official Smile of the AFL and AFLW, will present the race which is a hotly contested annual tradition. In a year like no other we will see participants from West Coast and Fremantle compete against each other in a West Coast Derby to determine the quickest in the West in the fastest AFL race of the season.

Participants from the clubs will take to the turf for a 100m sprint run along the 50m arc, the same shape as the iconic Colgate Smile.

AFL Executive General Manager of Customer and Commercial, Kylie Rogers said the Colgate AFL Grand Final sprint is an exciting tradition that fans love.

“The Colgate AFL Grand Final sprint is one of the much loved traditions of Grand Final Day. This year seeing our two Western Australian based teams compete will be an exciting match up for all AFL fans”

“To have eight of the fastest Western Australian players showcase their athletic talent on one of the biggest days in the Australian sporting calendar will be a thrill,” Ms Rogers said.

Colgate became the Official Smile of the AFL and AFLW in 2020, with the partnership strengthening the AFL community during the COVID-19 forced shutdown period. Both the AFL and Colgate share a vision to create a positive future for all Australians, and this year the Toyota AFL Premiership Season has provided football fans with hope during a challenging year for all.

Anthony Crewes, Marketing Director of Colgate, said they are excited to watch the action at the 2021 AFL Grand Final.

“Colgate is proud to partner with the AFL on this year’s Colgate AFL Grand Final Sprint, and celebrate the resilience and optimism shown by the AFL community throughout the 2021 season. We are particularly excited to see players sprint along the 50m arc, the same shape as the iconic Colgate smile, and hope this gives fans and the football community a reason to Smile Strong,” Crewes said.

In honour of the winner, Colgate will be making a $5,000 donation to Ladder, an organisation providing young people mentoring and support through the Ladder Program.

2021 Colgate AFL Grand Final Sprinters:
  • West Coast - Jack Petrucelle
  • West Coast - Liam Ryan
  • West Coast - Josh Rotham
  • West Coast - Tom Cole
  • Fremantle - Liam Henry
  • Fremantle - Andy Brayshaw
  • Fremantle – Luke Ryan
  • Fremantle – Ethan Hughes

Dennis Cometti will call his last game on Grand final Day:

and heres where you can probably tune in to live stream Dennis instead of listening to the jerks on 7 and Fox:

and heres where you can probably tune in to live stream Dennis instead of listening to the jerks on 7 and Fox:

What, I thought he retired in 2016?

Thanks for this. I didn’t realise until the end of prelim weekend how much listening to Hamish had detracted from the experience for me 🤮

Oh thank you god!

Im 57, growing up in a dogs family I had no choice (and didnt ever consider flipping sides) so this will be the second granny my team has been in in my lifetime. I had the joy of being with my dad and surrounded by my own family in 2016, didnt want to go to the game, I wanted to be with dad who couldnt and it was a real joy. I ahvent been too bothered by the last 5 years, Im like Wil Anderson - Shrug "we won in 16", smile. Im still happy to have seen one.

Dad passed away in February and my boys have left home, in any other year Id be at the game with bells on, but again Im happy we've made it, quietly confident, and happily sledging my Dees following cousins from a distance. So this is another Grand Final for my dogs we wont be at, I'll be facetiming with my boys (and hopefully the cousins if they come out from under their beds) and Dad will be cheering us on from up top.

All the signs are Good! Go Doggies!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like a good turn out to the last minute put together GF Fans Parade.

ec5c8a8dfd87fcdc65425361eb2912c6.jpg

cc53c6d83a17f212334a1474f90a63dd.jpg

3b300d9d6a90b1dbafde116585776f11.jpg

2021 AFL Grand Final Match Day Running Sheet

All times AEST

6.22pm – Welcome to Country (Dr Richard Walley)

6.29pm – Pre-Match Entertainment Performance (Abbe May, Baker Boy, John Butler, Stella Donnelly, Vikki Thorn, Donna Simpson, Gina Williams, Guy Ghouse, Eskimo Joe, Colin Hay)

6.46pm – Pre-Match Entertainment Concludes

6.55pm – Umpires enter arena / Delivery of match footballs to Umpires

6.58pm – Western Bulldogs enter arena / Team photo

7.05pm – Melbourne enter arena / Team photo

7.10pm – Premiership Cup Arrival (Glen Jakovich, Garry Lyon and Chris Grant)

7.11pm – National Anthem (Amy Manford)

7.13pm – Two Sirens / Toss of Coin

7.15pm – AFL Grand Final Commences

7.45pm – Quarter Time

7.46pm – Colgate Grand Final Sprint

7.51pm – Second Quarter Commences

8.21pm – Half Time

8.29pm – Half Time Entertainment Performance (Birds of Tokyo and WA Symphony Orchestra)

8.48pm – Third Quarter Commences

9.18pm – Three Quarter Time

9.25pm – Fourth Quarter Commences

9.55pm – Final Siren

10.06pm – Post-Match Presentation/Team Photo
------------------------------
so your pre-match and half-time entertainments get roughly 15-17 min each?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back