Player Watch 2021 AFL National Draft - NOT FOR TRADE DISCUSSION

What should we do withs Pick 5, 21 and 24?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s stick with a basic rule for this thread, that it’s for draft watch and discussion only.

It’s not for trade hypotheticals, who you think needs to be delisted or traded, how many games you think we will win, some other team will win, how many picks you want in the 1st round or discussion of current HFC players.

It’s about youngsters who are eligible for the draft in 2021.

Key dates to look out for:
  • NAB AFL Draft Combine: TBC
  • NAB AFL Draft: Wednesday November 24 - Thursday November 25
  • NAB AFL Pre-season and Rookie Drafts: Friday November 26

Last edited:
Hello! I'm picking for Hawthorn in a phantom as I'm a draft nuff and the Hawthorn selector hasn't shown up. If Ward and Hobbs are both available, is Ward the go?
There's only 400 pages on this very topic. We can't decide so I'd go with whatever thr tea leaves say

Stratton24

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cal will release his mock Tues night. Stand by.
Clubs feeding him all kinds of things this year. Credit to him if he can nail 7 of the top 10. GWS still trying to convince everyone they will take Callaghan to try and get a mega offer for pick 2. Freo desperate to know who Richmond would take at 7.

Big Booty

Senior List
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think the board would probably favour Ward over Hobbs but plenty of love for the later too. A lot of love for Sinn, also. Erasmus has faded but was the early favourite. Johnson an outsider and Rachelle has a few fans. Gibcus and Andrew remote chances according to this board.
Great summary of nearly 250 pages of this thread 😃

I think Sonsie could very well slide to our pick 21. Ward/Hobbs with our first, Sonsie with our second 👌🏼
Would be insane to somehow land he or Chesser at 21 (23).

Butler or Clarke at 24 (26).

RIOLINWITPUNCHS

Big Footy Member
Sep 30, 2009
Back Of My Kombi
AFL Club
Hawthorn
From the HS:

Screenshot_20211120-154006_Samsung Internet.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been talked about with our 1st pick ? I can't recall anyone mentioning that name for our pick 5 a month ago....
He's been in discussion re: who we might trade back in for at 13 - 14, especially if we targeted Andrew / Gibcus / Rachelle (not a mid) at 5.

Cal will release his mock Tues night. Stand by.
He said on Hawks insiders it would be released Monday, and then he’ll do a “late mail” update on Tuesday. Will be an interesting read.

Clubs feeding him all kinds of things this year. Credit to him if he can nail 7 of the top 10. GWS still trying to convince everyone they will take Callaghan to try and get a mega offer for pick 2. Freo desperate to know who Richmond would take at 7.
This was my assumption from all the noise about them and Callaghan, but was made even more obvious with talk about taking Howe to keep him happy.

Surely all other clubs would be thinking similar.

I feel like Ward is this year's Phillips. In that this time last year, the majority of people in the equivalent thread thought Phillips would be there at our pick and we’d take him.

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
Andrew recently toured our facilities.

Not sure if a smokescreen or not but interesting nonetheless.

I cannot post the screenshot from HS as I assume it breaches some law.

I mean, he's a good chance of going to GC.

So we could trade up for him now or see what the trade price is for a skinny 20 year old ruck/kpf that has played limited games in a side that's probably still getting beaten a lot 🤷‍♂️

Either way it's worth making a good impression.

Last edited:
Andrew recently toured our facilities.

Not sure if a smokescreen or not but interesting nonetheless.

I cannot post the screenshot from HS as I assume it breaches some law.
He’s a genuine top 5 pick just waiting to happen. It’s not a smokescreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back