1615866061836.png

1615866090632.png

Last edited:

squeaky1000

Team Captain
Apr 30, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
All over Port line, I got it at -24 but still like it at -27.5 at 365. North are a rabble and Port should destroy them.
Also a fan of Freo +14.5, Walters likely to miss is a big loss but I really like what they are building and they have some seriously impressive depth through their midfield and half-back lines. Melbourne have not been able to score for 2 seasons and I personally think Freo are a good chance of winning this game so happy to take over a two goal handicap

Jammer

All Australian
Jun 26, 2007
St Kilda
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bombers at the dome is the stand out for me.

Close to 30 scoring shots in their practice match v away to Geelong.
Hawks also looked good all be it against potential wooden spooners North.

Gunston missing along with a touch and go or underdone Mitchel and Wingard for the Hawks.

I thought they would open $1.80 to $1.90.

I Unit Bombers $2.26 Sportsbet

I think bombers should be favourites myself.
don’t mind the saints either. Think they represent value as well.

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats
All over Port line, I got it at -24 but still like it at -27.5 at 365. North are a rabble and Port should destroy them.
Also a fan of Freo +14.5, Walters likely to miss is a big loss but I really like what they are building and they have some seriously impressive depth through their midfield and half-back lines. Melbourne have not been able to score for 2 seasons and I personally think Freo are a good chance of winning this game so happy to take over a two goal handicap
I'm going to be a bit careful on Freo in the 1st game. They suffered a number of injuries in the warm up game this weekend to key players.

Rory Lobb injured on top of Walters. Sean Darcy their main ruck won't play. It's an injury list that also features: Stephen Hill, Logue and Sam Sturt.

Ohh Ok

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Boy I’m looking forward to the footy being back 💰

Here’s my early plays, think all these shorten from here.

Collingwood vs Western Bulldogs
2.5units - Western Bulldogs - $1.96 - Ladbrokes $2.02 was available for you betfair junkies
The dogs have come in here and rightly so. Dogs have added Stef Martin to the side to help support English in development this year which will benefit in dealing with Grundy. Treloar expected to be available and if picked you’d think includes massive revenge factor. Pies look to be a team that is weaker than last year up against doggies team who are on their way up. Am struggling to see where pies get their goals from this year, which was a problem they faced last year. Considering the teams were priced similarly last year for the same fixture I see the value here and reckon we see the dogs start favourite. Adams and Sidebottom potential outs in what looks to be a tough midfield battle for the pies.

Essendon vs Hawthorn
2u - Essendon - $2.26 - Sportsbet
Interesting one here, Hawks on paper a lot weaker side this year going into round 1 without Scully, Scrimshaw, Frawley, Smith, Patton, Sicily on last years side, Mitchell and Wingard underdone/unlikely to make round 1, O’Meara not featuring in the recent pre season hit out(should be right for round 1) and only adding Phillips to their line up. Expect an inexperienced line up to face Essendon who put up a solid showing against the cats on Saturday registering 27 scoring shots to the cats 19, good signs that they are dominating heading forward. Essendon enter this one the healthier and stronger looking side, having won the past two meetings between these sides, I think we see one of the worst Hawthorn sides in recent years in round 1. Expect this to close pickem or the dons as favourites.

Three leg lock multi
3u - Geelong, Brisbane, Port - $1.90 - 365
Confident in wins from these three side. Locking them in and riding them home.

Three leg lock multi
3u - Geelong, Brisbane, Port - $1.90 - 365
Confident in wins from these three side. Locking them in and riding them home.

Just curious why you didnt include the Tigers and Eagles in your multi? You have doubt about them and or their opponents may push them all the way?

Ohh Ok

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just curious why you didnt include the Tigers and Eagles in your multi? You have doubt about them and or their opponents may push them all the way?
I like the two of them. Just waiting for the right time to bet them. Waiting for other markets to appear and see what there is on offer.

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
Isn’t there always upsets round 1? Port last year was it against Melbourne? Or was that 2 years ago, think Essendon are value, if we can’t beat this hawthorn side we never will.
will wait for teams, but port 39+ looks good also

Ohh Ok

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Isn’t there always upsets round 1? Port last year was it against Melbourne? Or was that 2 years ago, think Essendon are value, if we can’t beat this hawthorn side we never will.
will wait for teams, but port 39+ looks good also
I’d have to actually look into it, but I think teams are leased inclined to thump their opponents in round 1. It’s a long season, and the best players won’t over exert themselves and risk injury demolishing a team. You can probably make even more of a case for it this year with the shortened pre season and the high amount of injuries that have been cited so far.

That being said, if there is any team to pummel another team it’s Port. They love it.

Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I wouldn’t be underestimating Collingwood. I thought they weren't too bad against the tiges & will get Mihocek back up fwd. If Naughton doesn’t get up, the dogs are at a massive disadvantage & are chips in on Bruce.

Pies absolutely towelled them up Rd 1 lst year too.

Port, Cats & Tiges lines look the goods to me & Ess 6.5 dogs looks pretty solid too.

jikost

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2003
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Keep an eye out for Angus Brayshaw disposal markets round 1. Viney won't play which means Brayshaw plays majority guts. Viney missed one game last year and Angus had 29 disposals that day, easily his highest for the year.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I wouldn’t be underestimating Collingwood. I thought they weren't too bad against the tiges & will get Mihocek back up fwd. If Naughton doesn’t get up, the dogs are at a massive disadvantage & are chips in on Bruce.

Pies absolutely towelled them up Rd 1 lst year too.

Port, Cats & Tiges lines look the goods to me & Ess 6.5 dogs looks pretty solid too.
One team has significantly improved while one has lost some key depth imo.
Collingwood have a stout defence, but Dogs have a clear edge in the midfield and Collingwood just don't have a threatening forward line. Sidebottom was apparently a 50/50 chance only a couple of days ago, so that's a further big loss if he misses.

Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
One team has significantly improved while one has lost some key depth imo.
Collingwood have a stout defence, but Dogs have a clear edge in the midfield and Collingwood just don't have a threatening forward line. Sidebottom was apparently a 50/50 chance only a couple of days ago, so that's a further big loss if he misses.

If Sidey & Adams don’t get up I’ll be all over the dogs, but other than Treloar how have the dogs significantly improved from the side that lost an elim final to Stk? I just don’t get the hype.

mookieb

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If Sidey & Adams don’t get up I’ll be all over the dogs, but other than Treloar how have the dogs significantly improved from the side that lost an elim final to Stk? I just don’t get the hype.
How have Dogs improved? Bruce and Keath with another year in the system. Should benefit greatly from the new rules. Stef Martin in so Grundy doesn't destroy English + Dunkley isn't the 2nd ruck and Treloar makes a fantastic midfield even better.

ON the flipside Coll have lost Phillips, Stephenson and Treloar. If Adams and Sidebottom miss with injury then they're in a lot of strife with their midfield.

Coll were low scoring, slow moving last year so potentially the new rule changes don't favour them.

Back