Rumour 2021 Blue Tick Rumours – Do they even know what they're talking about?

Remove this Banner Ad

How is everyone missing the point with this one?

He's being signed onto the final rookie position to fill out the soft cap as a coach.

He will be the playing development coach in the VFL. Highly unlikely he ever plays AFL again, unless we had the mother of all injury lists.
But while he is rookie listed, there is always the option to play. If he retired, I'd agree. But he was delisted, and maybe feels he can contribute on the field, so I think it's a shrewd move providing the flexibility to come into the team if/when required. We'll see next season, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him play a few games.

But while he is rookie listed, there is always the option to play. If he retired, I'd agree. But he was delisted, and maybe feels he can contribute on the field, so I think it's a shrewd move providing the flexibility to come into the team if/when required. We'll see next season, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him play a few games.

Of course there is the option.

But he's being listed because of the ability to pay $85k of his salary in the salary cap rather than the soft cap.

The ability to play is just a by-product of it.

Mitch Cleary stating he's potentially going to take games off Comben and CCJ? Have I missed some sort of 10cm growth spurt overnight or something?

How is everyone missing the point with this one?

He's being signed onto the final rookie position to fill out the soft cap as a coach.

He will be the playing development coach in the VFL. Highly unlikely he ever plays AFL again, unless we had the mother of all injury lists.
I wonder if the Roos will resist the urge to play him. If he was on Adelaides list he’d play 15 games next year despite our rebuilding. He is still a very good AFL player. Surprised a team in contention didn’t go after him - eg Bombers.

I wonder if the Roos will resist the urge to play him. If he was on Adelaides list he’d play 15 games next year despite our rebuilding. He is still a very good AFL player. Surprised a team in contention didn’t go after him - eg Bombers.

I really can't see the club prioritizing game time as a medium forward with potentially Stephenson, Zurhaar and Ford there (Not to mention Horne-Francis likely starting out forward).

He will be a break glass style option and mainly as a playing development coach in the VFL.

Of course there is the option.

But he's being listed because of the ability to pay $85k of his salary in the salary cap rather than the soft cap.

The ability to play is just a by-product of it.

Mitch Cleary stating he's potentially going to take games off Comben and CCJ? Have I missed some sort of 10cm growth spurt overnight or something?

as a rookie the first bit isn't even in your TPP. Highly regarded as a coaching type at AFC for whatever that's worth. I posted on our board about a week ago that with Mackay turning down an extepension, I'd be happy throwing $150k at Lynch to play SANFL and act as a development coach.

Not sure if right thread.

No blue tick, but there's been a rumor running around Melbourne over the weekend and also reported on a few other team boards that North have offered GWS their 2022 R1 pick and Pick 20 for #2 and GWS 2022 R2. So far rejected.

North hunting Horne and Callaghan apparently.

As gws should reject it..poor offer for them.

• Adelaide:
    • Confirmed: Jordan Dawson to Adelaide, negotiations may draw out. - Michael Whiting
    • Jake Kelly to Essendon. - Michael Whiting
    • May look to maximise their draft hand. - Michael Whiting
  • Brisbane Lions:
    • Interested in Levi Casboult. - Michael Whiting
    • Interested in Darcy Fort. - Michael Whiting
  • Carlton:
    • Frontrunner for Adam Cerra - Riley Beveridge
    • Expected to secure George Hewett on a long-term deal - Riley Beveridge
    • Confirmed: SPS to West Coast - Riley Beveridge
    • Also in the market for key position depth. - Riley Beveridge
  • Collingwood:
    • In the box seat for Patrick Lipinski. - Mitch Cleary
    • Nathan Kreuger keen to join Collingwood. - Mitch Cleary
    • One of Lipinski and Kreuger may move via the PSD to save picks for bid matching. - Mitch Cleary
    • Scott Pendlebury to re-sign. - Mitch Cleary
  • Essendon:
    • Jake Kelly to Essendon. - Callum Twomey
    • Interested in key and small forward and mids, including Josh Dunkley, but will also focus on developing from within. - Callum Twomey
  • Fremantle:
    • Adam Cerra could still go to Melbourne but difficult to get a deal done. - Nathan Schmook
    • If Adam Cerra chooses Carlton, pick 6 will go to Fremantle. - Nathan Schmook
    • Jordan Clark heavily linked to Fremantle. - Nathan Schmook
    • Interested in WA talls in the draft. - Nathan Schmook
  • Geelong Cats:
    • Jordan Clark is contracted but weighing up a long-term deal from Fremantle - Mitch Cleary
    • Charlie Constable seeking greater opportunities but may stay if nothing is forthcoming. - Mitch Cleary
    • Nathan Kreuger destined for Collingwood - Mitch Cleary
    • Lachie Henderson's future uncertain. - Mitch Cleary
    • Daniel Talia a possible target if Henderson leaves. - Mitch Cleary
    • Darcy Fort subject to interest from rivals. - Mitch Cleary
  • Gold Coast:
    • Confirmed: Mabior Chol to Gold Coast. - Michael Whiting
    • Will Brodie has not requested a trade despite interest from rivals last year. - Michael Whiting
    • Tight salary cap and list spots. - Michael Whiting
    • Open to trading pick 3. - Michael Whiting
  • GWS Giants:
    • Jeremy Finlayson considering a move to South Australia. - Martin Pegan
    • Shane Mumford to retire. - Martin Pegan
  • Hawthorn:
    • Max Lynch linked to Hawthorn as a long-term option. - Mitch Cleary
    • Tim O'Brien's future at the club is uncertain. - Mitch Cleary
    • Lots of salary cap room. - Mitch Cleary
  • Melbourne:
    • Interested in Adam Cerra, but not a lot of capital to negotiate a trade. Could use future picks. - Riley Beveridge
    • Angus Brayshaw definitely not leaving. - Riley Beveridge
    • Jake Melksham open to opportunities elsewhere. - Riley Beveridge
  • North Melbourne:
    • Robbie Tarrant to Richmond on a two-year deal. Likely to be traded to avoid diluting free agency compensation. - Riley Beveridge
    • Callum Coleman Jones to North Melbourne, expected to involve pick 38. Could walk to the PSD if negotiations drag. - Riley Beveridge
    • Will take pick 1 to the draft unless there's a godfather offer. - Riley Beveridge
    • Interested in defensive depth. - Riley Beveridge
  • Port Adelaide:
    • Jeremy Finlayson has done a medical with Port Adelaide. - Nathan Schmook
    • Peter Ladhams is contracted but told to explore his options. - Nathan Schmook
  • Richmond:
    • Robbie Tarrant to Richmond on a two year deal as an unrestricted free agent. - Callum Twomey
    • Callum Coleman-Jones to North Melbourne for "a good pick". - Callum Twomey
    • Interested in Pick 3 from the Suns. - Callum Twomey
  • St Kilda:
    • Must take a first round pick to the draft. - Mitch Cleary
    • Likely to keep next year's first to pursue Ben King. - Mitch Cleary
    • Interested in another ruck/forward, perhaps Mason Cox, Matt Flynn or Kieren Briggs. - Mitch Cleary
    • Interested in depth defender. - Mitch Cleary
    • Seb Ross to re-sign. - Mitch Cleary
    • Josh Battle likely to stay. - Mitch Cleary
  • Sydney Swans:
    • Jordan Dawson to Adelaide - Martin Pegan
    • George Hewett compensation expected to be end-of-second round or third round pick - Martin Pegan
    • Sam Wicks, James Bell, Colin O'Riordan and Callum Sinclair to re-sign. - Martin Pegan
    • Sam Reid unsigned and under pressure. - Martin Pegan
  • West Coast Eagles:
    • SPS to West Coast. - Nathan Schmook
    • Jarrod Brander on the trade table. - Nathan Schmook
    • Not bidding on Jordan Clark. - Nathan Schmook
    • Shannon Hurn and Josh Kennedy to play on (one year deals). - Nathan Schmook
  • Western Bulldogs
    • Interested in key defence and rucks. - Callum Twomey
    • Roarke Smith and Stefan Martin keen to stay. - Callum Twomey
    • Mitch Wallis has an offer on the table but hasn't signed. - Callum Twomey
    • Patrick Lipinski to Collingwood. - Callum Twomey
    • Need to match for Sean Darcy, so might trade their first round pick for points. - Callum Twomey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlistenable every year. Even when stuff does happen. Just the idiots on Trade Radio know nothing about that stuff.
Certain times of day are more listenable than other times.

Cornes + Lloyd is a combo that's unlikely to yield anything of interest, as neither of them are journalists. They're vaguely connected with their former clubs but that's about it. Similar problem with the Goddard and Dal Santo. If you don't follow their former clubs, I don't know why you'd bother listening.

Beveridge, Twomey and Cleary are the AFL's own journalists and are good at curating gossip, so if you want a quick update then that's the one to listen to although it's rare that anything actually happens at lunchtime.

Cooney + Edmund is also not worth listening to except for entertainment value. Edmund is theoretically a journo but he's more of a dartboard style rumourmonger than someone who can be relied on for good gossip. Repeats anything he hears no matter how crap the source. Cooney makes no bones about the fact he has a segment where he makes up mega-trades for lols – at least he's honest?

Once the trade period has actually started, the daytime shifts sometimes get some news that something was about to happen on the basis that some particular list manager had turned up to lodge the paperwork. Not sure how it will work with covid, I guess they might have a live zoom call that they can snoop on? Didn't they have to book a time slot to verify the paperwork or something last time? So you might get that.

The afternoon slot with Damien Barrett is usually the best and the worst slot. I like the interviews with player managers and club list managers, and Barrett is unfortunately well-connected, but the trade off is that you have to listen to Damien Barrett 🤢 I think SOS is on that shift again this year, he's good to listen to too and has connections and insight. Rendell is a good foil for SOS given their similar backgrounds, and that's about it.

After 5, AFL House is closed so you're only going to get analysis/speculation by whichever pleb drew the short straw (Cam Luke this year).

Certain times of day are more listenable than other times.

The afternoon slot with Damien Barrett is usually the best and the worst slot. I like the interviews with player managers and club list managers, and Barrett is unfortunately well-connected, but the trade off is that you have to listen to Damien Barrett 🤢 I think SOS is on that shift again this year, he's good to listen to too and has connections and insight. Rendell is a good foil for SOS given their similar backgrounds, and that's about it.

After 5, AFL House is closed so you're only going to get analysis/speculation by whichever pleb drew the short straw (Cam Luke this year).
:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
Vomit-inducing dogs' droppings! He doesn't know how to interview, and imposes his own ideas and speculation rather than actually seeking insights, and pontificates like he's an expert - which he surely is not!

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
Vomit-inducing dogs' droppings! He doesn't know how to interview, and imposes his own ideas and speculation rather than actually seeking insights, and pontificates like he's an expert - which he surely is not!
I know, he’s gross. But all the best interviews happen during that block and most of the news drops then 🤪

Brisbane in the hunt for a replacement while Hipwood is out injured.
Looking at Casboult, Cox or Darcy Fort

Stephen Coniglio will be staying at the the Giants despite speculation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back