Fantasy 2021 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How is trading Jacobs for Smith even remotely a strategy? Especially after bidding $6.5m for Winston?

Smith is a far better player than what you think he is. Trade won't look that bad after this year.

QBs play forever. Not going to win this year so can absorb the 6.5 cap hit and have a bargain moving forward @ 1m/ is a sexy trade piece if he becomes the Saints starter

Have always liked Irv (BGT snagged him just before i was going to in our draft a few years ago) and had done some research on him a month or so prior to the trade, fantasy bloke I respect did a detailed breakdown on his potential scoring for this year, came up with 90 targets, 63 receptions, 756 yards and 8 TDs, putting him at TE3 overall ( going off this year's TE rankings/scoring) Seems pretty high but I reckon he's definitely got top 5 - 8 TE claims, and in a league with TE premium scoring if he gets anywhere near those projections I'll be very happy.

Again, plenty of opportunity to speak up if you were interested bazz, been advertising for months.

Both trades I'm getting ripped off in, severely. Don't care. 🤷
I enquired as soon as you mentioned Jacobs.

It’s a sad state of affairs when GG is giving you sound advice on value

I enquired as soon as you mentioned Jacobs.

It’s a sad state of affairs when GG is giving you sound advice on value

Offer was already sent, blokes that are nice to me like BGT is I don't like doing dirty.

And no you didn't, Jacobs has been on the table for a few months now. You came in at the 11th hour when you sensed a bargain and missed out, stiff mate.

Offer was already sent, blokes that are nice to me like BGT is I don't like doing dirty.

And no you didn't, Jacobs has been on the table for a few months now. You came in at the 11th hour when you sensed a bargain and missed out, stiff mate.
If anything you’re the one who missed out. Gave away Jacobs for a bag of chips

Funny , the only people sooking here are the ones who missed out, yet I'm the one who's being labelled a sook despite being happy enough with what I got (young players with some upside)

I could over the reasons I'm out on Jacobs but it probably isn't going to convince anyone so there is no use.

I pay my $27.50 like the rest of you. Just let me make my terrible trades in peace.

Funny , the only people sooking here are the ones who missed out, yet I'm the one who's being labelled a sook despite being happy enough with what I got (young players with some upside)

I could over the reasons I'm out on Jacobs but it probably isn't going to convince anyone so there is no use.

I pay my $27.50 like the rest of you. Just let me make my terrible trades in peace.
No one’s sooking, just an odd trade. Not many knew that he’d been on table for months I’d bet

No one’s sooking, just an odd trade. Not many knew that he’d been on table for months I’d bet

I know it was odd, but yea I had posted about it numerous times and was in my trade bait list. I don't think I'm ever going to get to the point where i contact the entire league in a pm about players I have available. There are at least 6 people just off the top of my head here who can attest that they were asked the question on interest in both Jacobs and Woods in a pm tho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ADP would go Bucking Beads on this league if he had control

I'm still donating my money to be a part of it aren't i despite my team being trash. Don't ever compare me to that gutless whiny campaigner.

Sounding an awful lot like last years Alpha thread in here ;)

I even have Chris Herndon to start in unusual circumstances, now if i could just get my hands on Perrine I'll be set.. :moustache:

I'm still donating my money to be a part of it aren't i despite my team being trash. Don't ever compare me to that gutless whiny campaigner.
I’m over it. Hope Smith does well.

Happy to admit I’m less knowledgeable than majority of guys in the league about trade values and sometimes in the past have even resorted to gg for advice 😍 I had to think about accepting the trade because of Drake heading to the raiders and Rudolph leaving the Vikings. When I found out I would be hit with a 4.2 m cap hit if I offered Jacobs more than a 1 year contract I also wondered if I had done the right thing. We shall see.

Happy to admit I’m less knowledgeable than majority of guys in the league about trade values and sometimes in the past have even resorted to gg for advice 😍 I had to think about accepting the trade because of Drake heading to the raiders and Rudolph leaving the Vikings. When I found out I would be hit with a 4.2 m cap hit if I offered Jacobs more than a 1 year contract I also wondered if I had done the right thing. We shall see.

You got a great deal mate as most people have said, dont be so concerned, lot needs to go right for Smith to become the player I hope.

I wouldnt be overly concerned about Drake unless they start using him as a goal line back, my questions are about Jacobs longevity, when your coach is calling you out for your toughness in year two and an ability to play through injuries that concerns me a bit. Probably overblown but it's highly unusual all the same.

Having a guess....Empire Mock Draft v1.0....

1 Dagless -- Jmarr Chase
2 LennyHayes -- Najee Harris
3 Blacky -- Javonte Williams
4 LennyHayes -- Tevor Lawrence
5 Bgt2110 -- Devonta Smith
6 J Shuttlesworth -- Zach Wilson
7 Dagless -- Jaylen Waddle
8 Helfarch -- Kyle Pitts
9 Alldatpower -- Justin Fields
10 ShinyOnTop -- Travis Etienne

Zach not available at #9 is heart breaking, not as heart breaking as Pitts going one pick before me tho (highly doubtful he lasts that long in a TE premium league however)

Youll have to make a move up to the 5-6 range for either.

I ain't moving for shhhhhhhhit boy. Done it once already to get where i am now, happy with a variety of options i think will be available to me at that point. Was getting dicey if one of them would be available at pick #12 however.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back