Position 2021 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Same here.

Cahill at F6. 😎👍
What you expecting Cahill to score?
Sounds like he is a probable starter.

If he averages <60 though, @ 160k it's a pretty bad pick.

On AFL draft central, they were saying that in his U18 year he sometimes struggled to get his hands on the ball at U18 level when playing as a forward pocket.

What you expecting Cahill to score?
Sounds like he is a probable starter.

If he averages <60 though, @ 160k it's a pretty bad pick.

On AFL draft central, they were saying that in his U18 year he sometimes struggled to get his hands on the ball at U18 level when playing as a forward pocket.

I reckon he might be able to average 70 playing half back which I'd be happy with.

My current F4,5,6
Daniher, Ziebell, Impey

FMD
Ditto.

Danger, Dunks, Dusty F1 F2 & F3 (post Marshall injury)

I'm not sold on Daniher but he's in... and I'm avoiding Cockatoo too

I reckon he might be able to average 70 playing half back which I'd be happy with.
He has a break even of 30 so i think he'll manage quite easily to make money playing at halfback. I don't think he's a lock to play round 1 though. I think Hind and Redman are ahead of him as smalls still and Heppell, Ridley and now Laverde apprantly will all be back there too. I'll try and get Cahill in the team once he's named but ive got H Jones in F6 at the moment as i think it would be a genuine surprise for him not to line up round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will deliver this year. I reckon he's a new man nowadays. Hopefully gets mid time too.

Cogs, Kelly, Hopper, Taranto, Ward, De Boer & Green

not sure how much mid time punchable will get. With no Cameron I think they will need him up forward

good luck anyway

Ditto.

Danger, Dunks, Dusty F1 F2 & F3 (post Marshall injury)

I'm not sold on Daniher but he's in... and I'm avoiding Cockatoo too
With Danger, Dunks and Dusty F1-F3, do you need all 3 of Ziebell/Daniher/Impey at F4-F6?

I currently have those 3 big boys with Daniher and Impey, but had to drop Ziebell as I needed the cash.

Hopefully between Worrell/Rowe/Jones/Brockman/Smith/Macrae/other we can get enough cheap options to cover F6-F8.

I suppose you can always swing one of Danger/Dunks/Dusty to the MIDs and play a cheapie at F6.

As someone who had the Rozee/Caldwell combination at F1 and F2 for a while, as well as giving Rayner lots of thought, i really like your setup. We share Rozee, Caldwell & Impey currently. I think if 2 of your 3 risky mid-pricers put up premium numbers you'll be in a very good position. Rayner is one who is just a little too expensive for me given i like Rozee and Caldwell more. If i needed a 400k forward though, it'd be Rayner (ahead of Philipps). Even Rankine is enticing too.

There is seemingly a lot of value and depth in the forwardline mid-pricers but what looks like value for money may end up being a trap. Thus, i think more than any other position, nailing your forwardline selections could make or break your season. I suppose there are plenty of viable options in the midfield too so nailing your picks there will be huge too. I do think that rucks and backs are much easier to select. There are plenty of different premium backs but there doesnt seem to be huge depth in the mid-pricers so i think its easier to find a group you are comfortable with.

With Danger, Dunks and Dusty F1-F3, do you need all 3 of Ziebell/Daniher/Impey at F4-F6?

I currently have those 3 big boys with Daniher and Impey, but had to drop Ziebell as I needed the cash.

Hopefully between Worrell/Rowe/Jones/Brockman/Smith/Macrae/other we can get enough cheap options to cover F6-F8.

I suppose you can always swing one of Danger/Dunks/Dusty to the MIDs and play a cheapie at F6.
The premium forwards this season all have a habit of scoring low points at times during the season I have probably gone out on a limb this year but I feel the mid priced forwards will all make money players like Rayner Rozee Caldwell are all expected to be playing midfield this year

As someone who had the Rozee/Caldwell combination at F1 and F2 for a while, as well as giving Rayner lots of thought, i really like your setup. We share Rozee, Caldwell & Impey currently. I think if 2 of your 3 risky mid-pricers put up premium numbers you'll be in a very good position. Rayner is one who is just a little too expensive for me given i like Rozee and Caldwell more. If i needed a 400k forward though, it'd be Rayner (ahead of Philipps). Even Rankine is enticing too.

There is seemingly a lot of value and depth in the forwardline mid-pricers but what looks like value for money may end up being a trap. Thus, i think more than any other position, nailing your forwardline selections could make or break your season. I suppose there are plenty of viable options in the midfield too so nailing your picks there will be huge too. I do think that rucks and backs are much easier to select. There are plenty of different premium backs but there doesnt seem to be huge depth in the mid-pricers so i think its easier to find a group you are comfortable with.
I still have $219k still in the bank if it goes pair shaped but I’m happy enough with my forwards ATM

Will the Jaidyn Stephenson midfield talk eventuate?
Anyone have him in their side, out of interest?
Good news on DeGoey fitness, by the sounds.

Will the Jaidyn Stephenson midfield talk eventuate?
Anyone have him in their side, out of interest?
Good news on DeGoey fitness, by the sounds.
I think he will get bursts in there as an impact option. I do doubt he will get too much time in there, at least to start the season. The big problem with Stephenson as a forward last season was he would come out all guns blazing and would dominate the first quarter and then go missing. Apparantly he is much fitter than he was last season and the carrot of some midfield time may help him to stay focussed, mentally as well. A mate of mine who is a mad Pies supporter reckons he is the type of character that will want to stick it up the Pies and Buckley for letting him go so that may be extra incentive for him. He would not be the worst SC pick but personally i think there are better options available at (and close to) his price.

TBH Daniher is the one I'm most iffy about, they guy just isn't durable.
Ziebell to me has shades of Matthew Boyd.

I still have a bit of cash sitting around as I like the defensive rookies this year and some of the super-premo mids have question marks on them (Lachie Neale, Oliver, Titchell etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back