Aliir Aliir – knee
Bergman – shoulder
Boak – knee
Drew – ankle
Fantasia – knees
Hayes – knee
Motlop – ankle
Wines – knee
I am surprised Houston isn’t on this list. I would have thought he would have at least had his shoulder cleaned out.

Post-season surgery list:
Aliir Aliir – knee
Bergman – shoulder
Boak – knee
Drew – ankle
Fantasia – knees
Hayes – knee
Motlop – ankle
Wines – knee
Great to see that Miles is getting his Learjet stabilised.

I wouldn’t be concerned regarding the Brownlow invite, hammer went and he is already gone.
True and the fact that Jonas, DBJ, Clurey, Houston and Marshall etc are all away golfing today probs shows all good in the hood. Bloody lead up to trade time makes me jumpy.

x3 to being surprised Houston is not having shoulder surgery. If anything that means his poor form wasn't from injury. Which is concerning.

I was thinking he may be traded and get his shoulder worked on after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True and the fact that Jonas, DBJ, Clurey, Houston and Marshall etc are all away golfing today probs shows all good in the hood. Bloody lead up to trade time makes me jumpy.

Agreed, trade time makes me nervous as well, I'm still struggling with Byron Pickett going from required player ( Choco's words), to out the door something like a day later.

x3 to being surprised Houston is not having shoulder surgery. If anything that means his poor form wasn't from injury. Which is concerning.
Sometimes surgery isn't actually the best way to deal with an injury. Often just some rest and rehab away from the full-time training and matchday can fix it up.

People are putting on the tinfoil hats a little too much I think.

Surgery 101 for beginners- The latarjar -

I love how this sophisticated surgical procedure is pretty much the equivalent of cutting a bit of timber from the back of the cupboard and screwing it into the frame to stop the loose door from opening.

Sometimes surgery isn't actually the best way to deal with an injury. Often just some rest and rehab away from the full-time training and matchday can fix it up.

People are putting on the tinfoil hats a little too much I think.
Playing golf wouldn't be the best type of rest for a shoulder.

I love how this sophisticated surgical procedure is pretty much the equivalent of cutting a bit of timber from the back of the cupboard and screwing it into the frame to stop the loose door from opening.
Orthopedics is a bit like that, screws, bolts, hammering, chiselling , grinding, glueing, watch a hip replacement, its crude as hell.

Guys like Salopek, Rockliff and Hartlett had latarjet procedures. It basically makes the shoulder rock solid at the expense of some range of motion. Pretty sure they were all fairly happy with the results.

Guys like Salopek, Rockliff and Hartlett had latarjet procedures. It basically makes the shoulder rock solid at the expense of some range of motion. Pretty sure they were all fairly happy with the results.
Those names do not give me much confidence. Especially for a 20 year old...

I dont think that's how it works. While he's on our books, he'd get surgery at the earliest possible moment. Ben Jacobs had surgery and got traded straight after.
Yeah, whilst players are still on a clubs books they have a duty of care to them. Not taking care of surgeries in these cases is a good way for a club to end up getting sued.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back