Injury 2023 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

JakeNeadeFan

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Post-season surgery list: (For referance)

Boak – hernia
Bonner – ankle
Clurey – knee
Georgiades – ankle
Jones – hamstring
Sinn – hernia/abdominal tendon
Wines – knee

Last edited by a moderator:
Really bad luck for Lord. In a year where he needed to make a few big steps forward to stay on the list it's hard to see him playing much football

Really bad luck for Lord. In a year where he needed to make a few big steps forward to stay on the list it's hard to see him playing much football
Nah, quick google search shows he might only be out of action for three or so weeks, crap time of the year to get this injury but if not too bad will be back on track soon.

Nah, quick google search shows he might only be out of action for three or so weeks, crap time of the year to get this injury but if not too bad will be back on track soon.
I don't think he needed surgery, so 4 to 5 weeks should do it.

He made some good points but Bergman was seriously under estimated and a fit Fantasia is also a lock for the best 23. I was also surprised to see McCallum as best 23 at this stage.

Yeah, McCallum not yet, nor Sinn - at this stage. Plus he's got Finlayson as the lead ruckman. I'd have Willem Drew in the 23.

EDIT: Not sure how your reply to my post ended up in this thread - I posted it in the pre-season discussion thread :think:

Last edited:

Post-season surgery list: (For referance)

Boak – hernia
Bonner – ankle
Clurey – knee
Georgiades – ankle
Jones – hamstring
Sinn – hernia/abdominal tendon
Wines – knee
Just confirming these were all surgeries between players finishing up around 25th August and returning for pre season about 15th November. None were once preseason started?

Just confirming these were all surgeries between players finishing up around 25th August and returning for pre season about 15th November. None were once preseason started?
Not sure we actually know what's happened with Wines, but he's obviously had some post surgery complications.

Georgiades has had surgery in December.

I'd have Willem Drew in the 23.
Which of Wines, Rozee, Boak, Butters and JHF do you want missing out on midfield time so we can squeeze in Willem Drew?

He's our 6th best midfielder and he can't play any position other than midfield. It's the SANFL for Drew next year unless injuries strike.

Which of Wines, Rozee, Boak, Butters and JHF do you want missing out on midfield time so we can squeeze in Willem Drew?

He's our 6th best midfielder and he can't play any position other than midfield. It's the SANFL for Drew next year unless injuries strike.

What's the usual AFL rotation through midfield? At least six I'd've thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And injuries will strike. Very rare to have best 23 available.

What's the usual AFL rotation through midfield? At least six I'd've thought.
Sure, but the 5th and 6th guys need to be guys who can play other positions. Unless Drew can have an impact on a forward flank or something like that (and I haven't seen anything from him yet to suggest that he can), his days in our best side are numbered. You can't spend half the game in the centre square and the other half on the bench, and Drew certainly isn't good enough to justify spending more than half the game in the centre square ahead of the names I listed.

LATEST INJURY REPORT

Last seen limping out of the surgeon's office. Severe tear to the medial meniscus. Goes on for knee arthroscopy surgery on Monday morning to repair the meniscus & general knee cleanout!

What a bugger!
Is this current? Who are you referring to?

LATEST INJURY REPORT

Last seen limping out of the surgeon's office. Severe tear to the medial meniscus. Goes on for knee arthroscopy surgery on Monday morning to repair the meniscus & general knee cleanout!

What a bugger!
WTH man you can't just drop that in here with no context or reference to who you are talking about

LATEST INJURY REPORT

What a bugger!
Nathan Lyon?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

WTH man you can't just drop that in here with no context or reference to who you are talking about
Sorry, had to head out urgently, and didnt get to finish the yarn!

Actually, it is just me!!! Had the MRI, and met with the surgeon this morning. Getting it operated on next Monday at Orthosports Vic, who specialize in this type of surgery, esp for elite athletes here in Melbourne! So getting the best.

Sorry about the heart attacks caused!

Sorry, had to head out urgently, and didnt get to finish the yarn!

Actually, it is just me!!! Had the MRI, and met with the surgeon this morning. Getting it operated on next Monday at Orthosports Vic, who specialize in this type of surgery, esp for elite athletes here in Melbourne!

Sorry about the heart attacks caused!
Haha, makes some sense why it wasn't reported elsewhere. Hope you're all good mate (or will be post-surgery)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back