Brownlow 2023 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

they had to give St Kilda players the 2 and 1 in a game we won.

Quite a few of our games were like that. Mystery opposition player getting 2 votes in a game we win by 20+ points.

Quite a few of our games were like that. Mystery opposition player getting 2 votes in a game we win by 20+ points.
I think it was a matter that we had a number of wins where we won, but probably shouldn't have during that 13 game win streak.

Last edited:

Wines is a shell of the player he used to be.
Yeah, kinda happens when you've had a short-term heart condition and managing a degenerative knee problem, and have 3 young guns plus a very good defensive mid taking over the centre square. He's part of the rotation now.

Game stops for no one. Was just pointing out he wasn't a one or two season wonder.

What are they saying here? Why was this an anomaly? They make it sound like he didn't even play in the game, that he'd already retired.

You can hedge your bets 50/50. It's either that, or they think he is so bad that three Brownlow votes seems just as likely.

Possibly deemed undersized at the time.
My cousin was a gun teal cup player, dreamt of being a port player all his life, ports wooed him & he was expected to be a first rounder, but he stopped growing early, was a similar size to Neale, port passed on him & Sydney grabbed him, but he hated living in the big smoke & quit. He was very bitter to ports after.
His younger brother was even better & refused to select for the draft, happy just to be captain/ coach at cleve.

Possibly deemed undersized at the time.
My cousin was a gun teal cup player, dreamt of being a port player all his life, ports wooed him & he was expected to be a first rounder, but he stopped growing early, was a similar size to Neale, port passed on him & Sydney grabbed him, but he hated living in the big smoke & quit. He was very bitter to ports after.
His younger brother was even better & refused to select for the draft, happy just to be captain/ coach at cleve.

Byron Sumner?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back