Brownlow AFL 2022 Brownlow Medal Count

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahh yes, fantasy points dictating brownlows.

Fmd.
I mean umpires can barely even follow the ever-changing rules of the game any more, so its hard to consider they are also going to have a good indepth view on the impact players have on games. Generally using the method of looking at midfielders that hit KPIs like disposals and goals are probably not gonna be that far off.

The competition and judgement have always been insanely flawed.

Matthew Scarlett, one of the greatest players of the modern era, polled 31 votes over 284 games. Matt Priddis, a fairly irrelevant plodder who might have been in West Coast's best 3 midfielders maybe for one season, ended with 149 votes and won one. Its something you can celebrate and enjoy because its a great night for the players, but you can't expect it to seriously technically gauge the best and fairest.

Amon had a good season. Not a season that deserved that many best on grounds but he was still really good.

Gets the ball heaps and looks stylish with it. He is umpire eye candy. Also gets lots of supercoach points...

As the guy who is supposed to deliver to and past the half forward line, I'm not sure he deserves the plaudits this year.
It was really one of our weak points.

Delayed points from last year again.

This Karl's round 15 stats against Gold Coast.

Apart from having Rozee's picture for Ollie Wines, look at the statstical breakdown

The only area where Karl gets a mention is ranking 6th in kicks, equal 3rd in ineffective kicks, first in uncontested marks and 4th in uncontested possessions.

This is nowhere near a 3 vote game.
Mmmmm this is one of the actual games he probably deserved the 3. No one really stood out. Maybe Houston should have got it? But Amon would have got the 2 at least. He did have 26 touches, 10 marks and 10 tackles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking next year they should have The Angels singing Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again for some crowd participation.

To be fair, Cripps was a chubby, treacle slow kid who couldnt run in the u18s. It was a question mark at the time if he would make it

1663504849912-png.1512159

Need the late Les Murray to be revived to read out the votes or his replacement Lucy Zelic to read out the complicated non Anglo names.

Our game has national TV commentators who don't even know the *ing rules of the game when commentating a major final.

So fat chance the CEO of the competition, who btw as a teenager lent his own horse to the (now) King Charles III for a game at the Adelaide Polo Club during a Royal visit, would bother doing any homework out of respect on those actually playing the game.

Or maybe because the McLachlan/MacLachlan Australian pastoral dynasty has split into 2 distinct spelling and pronunciation clans of their own family name, they reckon other people don't care much about it either.

Last edited:
I remember how Lou Richards and Peter Landy would pronounce names like Cahill, Ebert and Sorrell in the Tuesday night comp games and leave me wondering if they were the same players I watched on a Saturday afternoon.

This morning when I saw it I went and checked the fantasy points of some of those 3 point games. I know that's not the best indicator but it does go close on the categories umpires look at. He was #1 for the first two games I checked.

He has been a very good player this year.

I’m near certain the umpires look at the champion data stats post game when doing votes. It’s not a bad idea if reaffirming an eye test but based on the votes given it seems more than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back