Brownlow 2023 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

1695665746970.png
Two pretty ordinary years in a row from our first Brownlow medallist. Classic Port. Stop once you hit top.

To be fair, we don't know how much his atrial fibrillation attack and degenerative knee condition have impacted him in those years. Was also played out of the position where he is of most value to the side this year.

Last edited:
Ollie also played about 4 good games all year, on the back of 8-10 good games in 2022. I know he’s trained and played through injury, but he needs to seriously pull his finger out for the rest of his career.

We’ve had a host of players who haven’t performed well in finals, but his finals record since 2014 is as bad as, if not worse than the coach’s.
Worst. Post. Ever.

2021 Preliminary Final vs Bulldogs:
1695667090432.png

2021 Qualifying Final vs Geelong:
1695667209266.png
2020 vs Richmond. 20% Shortened Match.
1695667929094.png
2020 vs Geelong. 20% Shortened Match.
1695667986178.png
2017 vs West Coast
1695668136966.png

Last edited:

Who votes if it was not the umpires?

Can’t be the media, as it will turn into the VFL media award (BT will vote for a Collingwood player every week)

I don’t think coaches should either as they aren’t independent.

A panel? Well, then Gill gets a vote…. And that has disaster all over it.

Should be a mail supporter award…. Or picked from Big Footy.

Worst. Post. Ever.

2021 Preliminary Final vs Bulldogs:
View attachment 1814146

2021 Qualifying Final vs Geelong:
View attachment 1814148
2020 vs Richmond. 20% Shortened Match.
View attachment 1814149
2020 vs Geelong. 20% Shortened Match.
View attachment 1814150
2017 vs West Coast
View attachment 1814151
I must have a shocking memory then, because I don’t remember him being high up in our best players for any of those 2020-21 games. I think he started slowly in the WCE final and then came back into it in the second half, but I recall being frustrated at the time that he didn’t get going from the first siren.

Who votes if it was not the umpires?

Can’t be the media, as it will turn into the VFL media award (BT will vote for a Collingwood player every week)

I don’t think coaches should either as they aren’t independent.

A panel? Well, then Gill gets a vote…. And that has disaster all over it.

Should be a mail supporter award…. Or picked from Big Footy.

Just replace it with the Merv Agars medal. Far more prestigious

Rozee got about the right numbers.
Butters took some time to get votes which was expected.
The Sex Panther who is use to getting his head clotheslines at every contest was the darling of the team. I didn't see that.

Lachie Neale is a great player who was or still is a Port Adelaide fan. Damn. He didn't even get on the AA team which I thought was crazy. Clearance King. I hope he has a really good GF. On behalf of the Port Adelaide fan base, we wish we had you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lachie Neale had statistically his worst year in 10 years. He's still a very good player but meh. He's always polite during games.

Low key highlight was the absolute confusion on Jack Steels face whenever he polled.

I prefer the coaches award.
Maybe they could do an end of year count on this instead of weekly as the Brownlow is more about the WAGS now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back