Official Club Stuff 2023 AGM - held on Friday 9th Feb 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken Hinkley this year will become the longest serving coach in history to have never made a grand final. There is simply no one worse if that's the KPI. "Who ya gonna get?" Answer: anyone.
The reality is, that this is a KPI for the board and club management. There may well have, and likely would have been, coaches that had they served as long as Ken, not made a GF or won a premiership. However, their respective clubs didn't allow them to reach that point. The argument that he's the worst coach because he's the longest serving without success is a bit disingenuous. He may be. Either way, I think the criticism needs to be leveled at the club. The club have also played up this whole 'Daddy' thing, perpetuating the problem we have with players being too invested in him personally without the silver wear to warrant it

The reality is, that this is a KPI for the board and club management. There may well have, and likely would have been, coaches that had they served as long as Ken, not made a GF or won a premiership. However, their respective clubs didn't allow them to reach that point. The argument that he's the worst coach because he's the longest serving without success is a bit disingenuous. He may be. Either way, I think the criticism needs to be leveled at the club. The club have also played up this whole 'Daddy' thing, perpetuating the problem we have with players being too invested in him personally without the silver wear to warrant it
Yes. He's not the worst coach ever. He's a mediocre coach propped up by the worst board ever.

The record stands. Come round.11 he'll be the longest serving coach never to have made a grand final. I couldn't give a damn if it's disingenuous. Anyone with a shred a decency would've walked away. The guy is poison.

How much of the dislike for Koch goes away once Ken goes. I think a fair bit - Koch himself is being maligned by keeping Ken here.
None. I find nowadays that I dislike Koch purely for his own qualities. Even if we get a new coach that we all love, I will still find Koch bloody annoying.

The person that "wasn't aware of any syndicates of this nature" must really have their ear to the ground.

I mean, it's only plastered all over the internet.
View attachment 1905704
High intellect is clearly not a current requirement when being employed by the pafc.

Well said

I was really impressed with Connor at the AGM. A very calm but confident manner & he emphasised that he wants to win a flag. That may sound an obvious aim but at PA in recent years no player has been willing to own that as a priority. It was clearly a message to the members & I felt he understood our frustration. He talked about the different qualities of the leadership group & touched on his leadership style. It was a no BS approach which I appreciated & I believed every word he said (a rarity for me these days). I feel very confident that Connor & Zac are the right leaders to take the club to great success. I'm also really happy with the rest of the leadership group. We finally have a group that lead by example. So that was the biggest positive from the night for me & obviously the election of Treds who spoke well & made it clear his priority was to help restore the clubs winning ethos & get that elusive flag. Finally some winner talk instead of the constant negative BS such as 'finals are scary' & non-stop 'learnings' (this word should be banned from the English language). And there's no doubt we have a badly fractured membership base but the minority white noise narrative has been blown out of the water. We are a sizeable proportion of the supporter base and the board etc now know this. This division is the clubs making for lacking the courage to make difficult decisions & prioritise stability over ultimate success. The reason PA was so successful was because we were always prepared to pull the trigger if something wasn't working, there was never a lack of courage.
Cheers for that. That report is quite exciting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back