Official Club Stuff Port Adelaide FC AGM 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken did say (after a question about our list versus our performances) that this is the best list we have assembled in his tenure. What will he do with it this time is the question? I wish I had hope!

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Imagine going to a football AGM and the only thing you walk away with is vague mention of going carbon neutral. Just what we asked for. A real shot in the arm that one.

We play in a sport that draws thousands of people by modes of transport to floodlit power churning domes with surrounding amenities every weekend lol it's just a dumb thing to put out there.
It's OK though, I'm doing my bit by promising not to buy merch and go to fewer games...

Just FMD on the club working towards being "Carbon Neutral".

Carbon Neutrally for Longery is the true port adelaide tradition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carbon neutrality when linked to cost savings isnt a bad aim. If the can get a deal/sponsorship with a solar company and cover the whole precinct in panels backed with storage, it would reduce energy costs signicantly whilst meeting the neutrality goal. If they are planning on lighting this is even more important as energy costs are going to jump.

However was hoping for more substantial news from the AGM, sounds very dry , business as usual Koch style.

Were there any comments made about the redevelopment? As in, other than increasing the asset base?

Last I heard they found some nasty substances in the soil which needed to be dealt with and will take some significant time to fix. Is the blow out only in terms of the schedule or budget as well?

I get all the hate aimed at Carbon Neutral and Holey Random here and the WGT thread.

CN is a fine thing to aim for, and I'm sure HR has her place (yet to see any evidence one way or the other wrt her)

But in light of Hinkley v11.0b without a GF, DK freezing out arguably our greatest AFL player, premiership captain, etc (who from when I've heard him speak, has quite a bit of football insight); I get it.

But maintain the rage and focus it on Lord Vanilla, Viscount Incompetent and Sure Spineless. The Triumvirate of Bland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back