Official Club Stuff 2023 AGM - held on Friday 9th Feb 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Rather than bury this specific election in other AGM and Directors threads I want this position and AGM to have its own thread.

(Edit it wasn't several threads but one thread over 7.5 years that has had several title changes, ie latest is THE BOARD. PAFC DIRECTORS. Why? Just why?)

The AGM notice hasn't been announced yet, but below is the last time a member-elected director AGM notice and call for nominations to fill one of two member-elected positions happened. You have to be a paid up financial 2023 member to vote. Corporations Act calls for nominations to be open for at least 14 days.

Here is what happened for the 2021 season's AGM - held in February 2022. So notice of the AGM and call for nominations for the member-elected director position that Kathy Nagle holds, should be announced in 2 weeks or so's time.

Rob Snowdon is up for re-election at the 2024 AGM to be held in February 2025.

Notice is hereby given that the AGM of the Port Adelaide Football Club will be held on Friday 18th February 2022 commencing at 6.00pm at a venue TBA.

Nominations are called from 2021 Port Adelaide Football Club financial members for one (1) position on the Board of Directors for a 3-year term.

Nominations for the position on the Board of Directors must be delivered to the Returning Officer in the manner described on the Nomination Form no later than 5:00pm ACDT on Wednesday 8th December 2021.

The club has moved to an online nomination system in 2021. Online nomination forms can be completed via link here. General queries can be directed to nominations@pafc.com.au.

Nominations must be proposed by a 2021 financial member and seconded by a minimum of five (5) other 2021 financial members. As per Clause 12.4 of the Constitution, a person cannot be appointed as a Director if he or she is an accredited player manager or an employee, officer, registered official or player of the AFL or an AFL Club or a member of any other AFL Club. All nominees will be required to provide with their nomination up to a 250-word profile in support of the nomination.

If required, an election will be conducted by online and postal vote in accordance with the Election Rules, available from the club. Intending candidates should familiarise themselves with those rules prior to nomination.

Edit notice of AGM and call for nominations published on 22nd November.

Edit From Tsier article on 28th Nov

Board nominations opened on November 22 and were due to close on December 6.
Voting will be held from January 25 to February 7, ahead of the AGM on February 9.
Port Adelaide’s other member-elected director is former Power football boss Rob Snowdon.

Last edited:
Thanks RussellEbertHandball Good to know you only have to be a 2023 financial member to vote. I hate the fact these b*stards have shifted the AGM from December to Feburary. Absolute cowards, every single one of them.
It’s one of the reasons I've wanted to keep my membership up for the last few seasons is to be able to have a say when we get the chance. I'd hate to see Tredrea, or someone similar, put his hand up and not be able to back him in by voting.

Having the option to vote for a member elected director position is the only logical reason I have kept my membership over the last few years.

In particular, I hope that us members finally get to have a voice in proxy via the great man W.G. Tredrea.

I urge all supporters who are fed up of the status quo and want someone in the director's meetings to hold everyone to account and to be unapologetically demanding in their pursuit for the Club to have success, to write a message of support for Warren to see in this thread to encourage him to take David Koch up on his offer to run as a member elected director.

And to those sceptical, I can guarantee he will see these messages when it's all said and done.

Yep Warren nominates and I'll be voting. I don't usually vote, but 100% will this year. Will also be rallying every member I know to vote.

A stand needs to be taken against our current failing position. Mediocrity accepting, stability craving garbage that has led us on a road to nowhere.

So if Tredrea nominates Koch will want to Koch-block him. Erin is the obvious popular choice, but she's had success at high level in multiple backgrounds and fairly limited exposure to Ken, and a life long demander of success, so a risk there. Others are Robbie, he was willing to let Ken piss his career up the wall, so unlikely to rock the boat and Westhoff, although Hoff may not read the (board)room and ask some left field questions that they don't want to answer.

I'm desperate for Warren to join the board.

We so badly need someone who gets Port Adelaide, sees through the Koch and Ken fluff and isn't afraid to speak his mind.

This club needs a shake up so badly and there is no one with the profile, pedigree and balls of Tredders.

It needs to happen SOON before the last vestiges of the real Port Adelaide and the real Port Adelaide people are gone.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Having the option to vote for a member elected director position is the only logical reason I have kept my membership over the last few years.

In particular, I hope that us members finally get to have a voice in proxy via the great man W.G. Tredrea.

I urge all supporters who are fed up of the status quo and want someone in the director's meetings to hold everyone to account and to be unapologetically demanding in their pursuit for the Club to have success, to write a message of support for Warren to see in this thread to encourage him to take David Koch up on his offer to run as a member elected director.

And to those sceptical, I can guarantee he will see these messages when it's all said and done.

Go for it Warren, you've got my vote and my full support.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My immediate family have 3 votes and I'll be telling everyone I know who is a member to vote for Tredders.

Koch the lowlife weasel campaigner that he is will try to block Tredders so it's important that everyone be active, aggressive and devoted to this cause.

Have conversations with people who want to write him off because of his vaccine opinions. This isn't a vaccine related position, it's a football position at the Port Adelaide Football Club and Warren is undoubtedly a qualified expert when it comes to winning flags for Port at AFL level.

Please nominate Warren and you will get my vote.

It's time we had a voice that understands the hard decisions that need to be made to win premierships and not skate along around the ultimate prize.

Finals are not scary, they define greatness.

Warrens got my vote, plus my sisters, mothers, brothers and friends.

Question though, if Warren does get voted in, can he no longer speak on PAFC issues?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There's no where in Port's constitution where it says the Club's board of directors are muzzled from speaking out about the Club's issues in the media. What the Club obviously don't want to see is a case whereby the media contact Warren for comment and he provide a comment on the record without going through the direct media channels at the Club. But on his regularly scheduled radio interviews etc he'll be able to still voice his opinion.

Doesn't Koch or the AFL elected board have power to veto a member elected representative?
Koch doesn't, but the AFL does.

Why would the AFL reject an Australian Football Hall of Fame member and someone who was a member of its All Australian panel for 5 years???

People are s**t scared paranoid about the AFL banning someone who hasn't done anything to be disqualified.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back