Resource 2023 Finals Ticketing Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Given we have won 14 games and will be playing final, and 1 more win will ensure we get 1 final and 3 more wins I reckon means 2 more wins. Club is sending out an email to all members this arvo so might as well have this as the official ticketing thread.

Most people no longer have a plastic pass with the barcode so the club has given us the heads email what you barcode is to keep somewhere safe for when you have to use it for finals ticket.

Hi REH,

We hope you’ve enjoyed the season so far and are excited for what’s to come.

Your 2023 membership payment plan is now complete, and your membership is paid in full. Thank you for keeping your membership payments up to date – we really appreciate it.

We have started the process of preparing for finals and 2024 membership renewals.

Finals Ticketing
For any finals Weeks 1-3 where Port Adelaide is a competing team, Members will require their membership barcodes to purchase tickets. As it can be quite a busy time, we thought we would confirm your barcode details, so you are ready when the time comes!

Ad (12 digit barcode)

You can also access your barcode numbers here (this gives you a link to your account)
Game specific information will be sent once details are confirmed, so keep an eye on your emails in September!

2024 Membership Renewals
In the leadup to renewals for 2024, we've started updating details in Member accounts. If you have an expired credit card or need to update your payment details, please contact us to ensure everything is ready for easy renewal.

If you need any further assistance, contact us on (08) 8447 9900, membership@pafc.com.au or come see us at the Membership Counter in The Precinct at Alberton.

Thanks again for your support as a Member in 2023.

PAFC Member Services Team
Leonie, Nathan, Molly, Tom, Steph, Tayla, Lara, Jackson, Jasmin, Zac, Lachlan, Joe and Rosie.

Last edited:

Brisbane v Port Adelaide
Saturday 9 September, 7.25pm AEST
The Gabba

Members are required to purchase finals tickets and can purchase 3x tickets per eligible barcode.

Members will have priority access to purchase tickets before the general public.

Member pre-sale is Tuesday 29 August, 10am-2pm (AEST), with general public having access from 3pm (AEST).

QUALIFYING FINAL: PORT ADELAIDE VS BRISBANE | THE GABBA | BUY TICKETS

Members will be required to enter their 12 digit barcode to access the pre-sale. Transaction limit is 10.

Members who require a wheelchair space or have a companion card should book via the Ticketmaster Accessible bookings process here.

Finals ticket type is linked to the membership category. For example, a Junior membership barcode will only permit the purchase of a Junior finals ticket. Members will be able to select their preferred price category subject to availability.

Juniors 3 and under as at 1/1/2023 do not require a ticket but cannot occupy a seat.

Tickets will be allocated until capacity is exhausted.

Ticket prices

The Gabba week 1

Adult Concession Junior Family
Category 1 $96 $72 $29 $192
Category 2 $78 $59 $23 $156
Category 3 $63 $47 $19 $126
Category 4 $35 $25 $10 $70
Restricted View $35 $25 $10 $70

How are priority groups determined?

For AFL Finals weeks 1 to 3, there are no priority groups. All game access members have priority for weeks 1-3 finals. This includes Western Stand, Reserved Seat and General Admission members.

Priority Groups are only used for Grand Final ticketing. Members pay additional to receive this benefit (Club 1870, Black Diamond, Platinum and Gold).

How are the seating allocations determined?

The AFL is responsible for the overall ticketing arrangements for the Finals Series including pricing, on-sales and ticketing allocations.

The overall venue capacity is divided into the following categories:

• Club Members (home team)
  • Club Members (away team)
  • Stadium Members
  • Corporate
  • Club internal allocations
  • AFL Members

This is the Ticket Master page linked above.

For AFL Finals weeks 1 to 3, there are no priority groups. All game access members have priority for weeks 1-3 finals.
This includes Western Stand, Reserved Seat and General Admission members.

Priority Groups are only used for Grand Final ticketing. Members pay additional to receive this benefit (Club 1870, Black Diamond, Platinum and Gold).

I thought in past years that Black Diamond, Platinum and Gold members had a priority over Silver, 3-game and GA members for finals ticketing?

I could be getting confused with the Covid year ticketing where all the home games were subject to barcodes and ticket limits, but it feels a bit weird to me that a Black Diamond or Platinum member gets the same ticket priority as someone who paid $1 for the last two home games.

It won't really matter this week because we aren't going to have that many travelling fans, but still, is this a change from prior years?

I thought in past years that Black Diamond, Platinum and Gold members had a priority over Silver, 3-game and GA members for finals ticketing?

I could be getting confused with the Covid year ticketing where all the home games were subject to barcodes and ticket limits, but it feels a bit weird to me that a Black Diamond or Platinum member gets the same ticket priority as someone who paid $1 for the last two home games.

It won't really matter this week because we aren't going to have that many travelling fans, but still, is this a change from prior years?
The AFL tend not to give a s**t about clubs having priority groups in weeks 1 to 3 and only allow for GF priority by the clubs. They tend to just have a members window, then open it up to the public a few hours later. Covid changed that for a couple of years and because we weren't involved in 2022 people didn't check out those procedures.

In 2020 had 3 groups/windows, 1) all members who pledged 100% of membership 2) members who pledged 50%-75% and 3) everyone else.

2021 there was 3 windows 1) higher categories members 2) general admin members 3) general public

But that was only because there were still covid restrictions on ground capacity.

For AFL Finals weeks 1 to 3, there are normally no priority groups. All game access members have priority for weeks 1-3 finals. This includes Western Stand, Reserved Seat and General Admission members.

Due to the reduced capacity of the stadium in 2021, the AFL provided the Club with the option to have up to two (2) Priority Groups.

Priority Groups are normally only used for Grand Final ticketing. Members pay additional to receive this benefit (Club 1870, Black Diamond, Platinum and Gold).

Last edited:
Bay 218 for me and a few others. It was surprisingly painless this morning with Ticketmaster.

I think 219 and 218 have been designated Port Adelaide bays.

Bay 218 for me and a few others. It was surprisingly painless this morning with Ticketmaster.

I think 219 and 218 have been designated Port Adelaide bays.
Based on this morning's double act with Chewy316 and not realising the front row of the top tier at the Gabba starts with row AA and not row A, looks like Port bays are 422 and 420 top tier of southern stand and Brisbane bays are 421, 423 and 419 early on in the process, and then as Brisbane demand increases the even bays in that top tier of the southern stand will switch over to be for Brisbane supporters.

Based on this morning's double act with Chewy316 and not realising the front row of the top tier at the Gabba starts with row AA and not row A, looks like Port bays are 422 and 420 top tier of southern stand and Brisbane bays are 421, 423 and 419 early on in the process, and then as Brisbane demand increases the even bays in that top tier of the southern stand will switch over to be for Brisbane supporters.
The whole AA at the front rather than A makes it so confusing. I had a brief look up in the Cat 1 section and was getting FF, which to my mind implied I was right up the very back, so gave them back and looked at Cat 2 in the lower seating bowl.

I tend to prefer it in the lower seating bowl anyway, if you're heckling a player they're more likely to hear it.

Explain to me how the rows work at the Gabba? We are section 215 - which is the lowest section up on the fence. We r Row A - are we at the front or back, or what is this Gabba Row AA business??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Explain to me how the rows work at the Gabba? We are section 215 - which is the lowest section up on the fence. We r Row A - are we at the front or back, or what is this Gabba Row AA business??
You'll be on the lower level in the front row. The bottom level rows start at A from the front and the upper levels start at AA, BB, CC, etc.

Anyone still after a ticket? I bought a member pre-sale ticket but then got gifted another by a friend. Looking to sell it on for the same as what I paid. Section 219 where I believe it is mostly Port fans (if this sweetens the deal)

Didn’t see this thread till today. I bloody hope 421 isn’t Brions supporters as myself, the child bride and 2 squids have tickets in there.

My wife and son are port members is it one ticket per membership barcode? Or can an extra ticket be bought with the barcode

My wife and son are port members is it one ticket per membership barcode? Or can an extra ticket be bought with the barcode
2 per bar code.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back