AFL Grand Final 2023 AFL Grand Final: Collingwood vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Been over the why the ball hitting a post needs to be a score and it's one opinion I will not waver on or entertain other opinions for.

Good to see Glen James do the umpire thing. He's a guy I thought would be getting more recognition by the league for his accomplishments these days.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Great point. Can you imagine the shite that he would have received from some players and the spectators. Plus he was a great umpire.

Craig McRae learned from Leigh Matthews, Damien Hardwick and Alastair Clarkson.

Success breeds success and all McRae has ever known is how to win.

Cheap shot Charlie up to his normal yesterday

Weak as piss.. how about trying to win ya own footy..

Biggest downhill skier of the lot.

The only part of the umpiring yesterday that really annoyed me was the head high frees, especially that Mitchell one in the last quarter.

All the talk in this game over the last several years around players dropping their knees and umpires still can't recognise it happening. Biggest blight on the game.
There’s bending your knees and dropping your shoulder to make a tackle slip high, Selwood was the master at it. No danger of serious injury in it.
Then there is the daicos move where you stay down after collecting a ground ball and dive forward, head first into the approaching tackler. Incredibly obvious & dangerous, could easily result in a broken neck.
Yet is rewarded by the umps (first goal of gf & late winning goal v power) & not picked up by the filthy, corrupted vic scum commentators.
In the old days someone like Pickett would have knocked the pricks head clean off.

I watched granny in Bali with a couple of afl players I met in the pub and they concurred. Daicos is a protected species and a cheat and he should go up into the commentary box at half time, bend over, part his cheeks and give the commentary team a chance to properly eat his arsehole out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isnt it done on count back of most 3s and then 2s though?

Theoretically it could still be a tie - for instance, as unlikely as it is, each judge could opt for three completely different players and then your method no longer works.

Good to see Glen James do the umpire thing. He's a guy I thought would be getting more recognition by the league for his accomplishments these days.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Go watch the start of the 1982 GF and Jessie James holds up the ball, smiles and waves at the camera, then turns and bounces the ball. Legend.

1696166663820.png

Luke Shuey votes not far from Darcy

If a non Vic team makes the GF it’s the equivalent of winning the premiership. I may just follow who finishes top, seems slightly fairer

Good Old Collingwood Forever....

Zak Ashton was quite happy with himself after he inked his father Matt with a “Flagpies” premiership tattoo.

It was Saturday night. Zak had just learnt how to set up a tattoo gun on TikTok.

“I think I did pretty good for 10 cans deep, hey?”

“It wasn’t until me mate pointed it out to me that I realised I’d turned the last number from what was meant to be a three to a zero.”

Matt looked down at this arm to see his son had permanently etched “Flagpies 2020” into his skin instead of 2023.

No worries - a simple change and all was good...

a03d5e074593ff4072070e11ca09f5f0aa4adad9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back