AFL Grand Final 2023 AFL Grand Final: Collingwood vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey everyone,

I’m desperate to get two tickets to the grand final if Collingwood make it.

I’m a saints fan and won’t be going myself, but I’m hoping to surprise my wife and father-in-law who have supported the pies all their life but have never been to grand final. It a memory (hopefully extra special) that I want them to share together.

Please let me know if you can help, I’ve tried so many things without any luck Thanks!

Collingwood have been incredibly lucky.In both the finals they have played.
Cant see a 3rd time lucky,for the Lions.
Pies by 36+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ron-swanson-i-don-t-even-care-xz6zo1967imboqko.gif

Hi all. mods apologies if this is the wrong thread to be posting. please feel free to redirect me. Looking for two or three TICKETS to the GF. I rather three tickets, but if i can only get two, i'll sit out and let my mother and her friend go. money is no issue. I can pay your asking price. Thank you and go pies!!

This will go one of two ways:

1) Victorian team blows non-Victorian team out of the water in a complete non-event ala 2014, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2022.

2) A 2012/2018 type miracle occurs.

I cannot agree, I think Brisbane are a real chance. Collingwood have a good record at the MCG over the past two years but a lot of their wins have been really narrow. A straight kick by the opposition in several of their games and the win/loss record would be a lot worse. On top of that Fagan is right, while the Collingwood fans will be in the ascendancy the Grand Final is sold by club and corporate allocation so it will not be a case of 90,000 screaming Collingwood idiots against the rest.

In their Prelim GWS pushed Collingwood and might have won and over the season I think Brisbane have been a better side than GWS. Against an inform side in Carlton, Brisbane showed they they can fight back albeit at the Gabba.

In their previous two meetings in 2023 Brisbane won comfortably at the Gabba and at Marvel Stadium so they know they have the game to beat Collingwood at home or on the road.

Who do I tip? At this stage I don't have a winner, there are a couple of players in doubt in both camps so I will hold fire until I see the sides. I believe it will be a lot closer than many people think and I am hoping for a Brisbane win by less than a goal just to show the Collingwood army that the age of the Colliwobbles is not over.

Last edited:
Do you know, there hasn't been an all Victorian grand final at the MCG since 2011, and people still complain about VFL bias!

Yep, I am still complaining. It took me a while but I finally got the point of your post, Richmond v Geelong was at the Gabba in 2020 and Melbourne v Western Bulldogs was played at Optus in 2021.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back