AFL Grand Final 2023 AFL Grand Final: Collingwood vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL is rigged towards the Vic teams
It was like that when we joined and will be like that well after all of us are dead.
For an interstate team to win a flag a lot has to go your way or you need a seriously great football side like Brisbane had 2000-2004.
Not as bad. From the 90s til about 2007 it was relatively even with West Coast, Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney, and us winning at least one flag each. Since then only two flags all up. Also three non Vic finals to none.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

9-2 since 2007.

Victorian clubs 15 premierships to non Victorian clubs 2 since 2007.

The single biggest statistically significant factor in winning a premiership in today's game is being based in Victoria. It's just a stone cold fact.
but there is no home ground advantage GF day.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not as bad. From the 90s til about 2007 it was relatively even with West Coast, Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney, and us winning at least one flag each. Since then only two flags all up. Also three non Vic finals to none.

15 of the last 17 premierships for Vic sides is pretty compelling.

Markov was delisted by Gold Coast
Frampton rejected by Port/Crows

Somehow find their way in a coaching system which lets them play a role

You're forgetting all the fringe players Ken has brought under his wing and nurtured into star players within his brilliant system.

Like......

castle-umm.gif

and.......

castle-umm.gif

oh, and lets not forget.......

castle-umm.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The advantage call was a howler. Happens all the time though.

The 50 was to Sidebottom was there.
Yeah we know it happens all the time but when it happens in the last minute and is immediately followed by a touchy one to Collingwood (especially after th previous week vs GWS) it can't help but leave a sour taste.

I'm trying to track it down, but after the Eagles won the flag in 06' there was an article stating that Eddie had had enough of intestate sides winning and needed to safeguard Victorian clubs better. Look what coincidentally happened thereafter.

15 of the last 17 premierships for Vic sides is pretty compelling.
Wonder if they'll have an enquiry into the Victorian dominance of the competition? Like they did in the early 2000's when Brisbane, us, Sydney and West Coast won flags.

The competition stinks, always has and always will.

The advantage call at the end took away any chance of an epic GF having the ending it deserved be it a Brisbane mark or a Leo Barry moment.

The poor standard of umpiring is a stain on the on field product. That was the worst umpired GF for a long time.

Josh Daicos saying he grew up watching tapes of Robbie Gray 🥰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back