List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah picks 13 and 16 would get you close, we could go into deficit if we needed to and I think the club would qualify for a priority pick as well. Another option would be give Cerra a certain date to decide and if he leaves we could tank. There are multiple options to get pick 2. I just want to keep our current pick at all costs so we can get JVR.
Not realistic.
It would take 13, 16 and 8 all together to get pick 1. Why on earth would you do it? North wouldnt give it up anyway.
The club is not gonna tank.
As for priority picks - never in a million years would the AFL give us one, we haven’t even finished bottom 4 once since 2017.

What’s the point trying to get a top 5 pick?
We have talented kids right here in WA. Erasmus and Browne to name a few.
I’d rather have more picks after pick 10, and take 2 players than focus on one.
For all the talk on Bolton he was pick 29?
Freo is always looking afar, we need to develop our own.
We have Joel Corey, Carr, if these guys don’t football then we are truly lost.
The messiah pick or trade is just that, faith.

Staggering stat this morning I heard.
Lachie Whitfield is the only number 1 pick in the last 15 years to win an All Australian!!
Isn’t that incredible??
Boyd and Whitfield are the only 2 to have played in a grand final.
Wow. Just wow.
Give me 3 picks in the top 15 or 20 any day over a single pick at pick 1.

It's not surprising that there hasn't been one, there are decades of football from good players previously that have only returned one of two AA jackets.
There is more to AA than individual performance, usually, too - spot the similarity;

2000 - Riewodlt, 336 games, 5x AA
2001 - Hodge - 346 games, 3x AA
2002 - Goddard - 334 games, 2x AA
2003 - Cooney - 250 games, 1x AA
2004 - Deledio - 275 games, 2x AA
2005 - Murphy - 295 games, 1x AA
2006 - Gibbs - 268 games [no All Australian]
2007 - Kreuzer - 189 games [no All Australian]
2008 - Watts - 174 games [no All Australian]
2009 - Scully - 187 games [no All Australian]
2010 - Swallow - 165 games [no All Australian]
2011 - Patton - 95 games [no All Australian]
2012 - Whitfield - 155 games 1x AA

Lachie Whitfield is the only number 1 pick in the last 15 years to win an All Australian!!
Isn’t that incredible??
Wow. Just wow.
Carlton has had most of them haven't they? Why players have chosen to go there in recent years bewilders me? We have been shit over the past few years but nothing close to the Blues.

What’s the point trying to get a top 5 pick?
We have talented kids right here in WA. Erasmus and Browne to name a few.
I’d rather have more picks after pick 10, and take 2 players than focus on one.
For all the talk on Bolton he was pick 29?
Freo is always looking afar, we need to develop our own.
We have Joel Corey, Carr, if these guys don’t football then we are truly lost.
The messiah pick or trade is just that, faith.
If you've watched Horne play you'll believe that he will be the next Walsh in terms of ability and output. None of the WA boys in the draft come close to Horne. The WA kids are not mids (minus Johnson) and will not replace Cerra in the mid. Considering Mundy will retire and Fyfe is getting older, wouldn't it make sense to replace Cerra with another gun mid?

If you've watched Horne play you'll believe that he will be the next Walsh in terms of ability and output. None of the WA boys in the draft come close to Horne. The WA kids are not mids (minus Johnson) and will not replace Cerra in the mid. Considering Mundy will retire and Fyfe is getting older, wouldn't it make sense to replace Cerra with another gun mid?
We'd love all the most talented players, but we can't get Horne (unless he does a knee or something). Let it go man.

You need to forget about Horne! He is going to north at pick 1 and that is the end of that.
Maybe 2 if Daicos is bid on by north at pick 1.
Either way we aren’t getting him and I’d rather get 2 or 3 top 30 prospects than sell out of this years and next years draft just to pick Horne.

So what is the latest general feeling of trade values Bolton Vs Cerra..
I thought straight swap but Shai keeps doing something seriously amazing nearly every week
Adam is a year younger and possibly has a higher ceiling
And Shai did misbehave a month ago

Thoughts ?

So what is the latest general feeling of trade values Bolton Vs Cerra..
I thought straight swap but Shai keeps doing something seriously amazing nearly every week
Adam is a year younger and possibly has a higher ceiling
And Shai did misbehave a month ago

Thoughts ?
That was nothing compared to what he could get up to here with all his mates.

He should stay there, Cerra stay here & we go to the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need to forget about Horne! He is going to north at pick 1 and that is the end of that.
Maybe 2 if Daicos is bid on by north at pick 1.
Either way we aren’t getting him and I’d rather get 2 or 3 top 30 prospects than sell out of this years and next years draft just to pick Horne.
I'm sorry alright the idea of getting Horne makes me Horney

Browne, Erasmus and Johnson are all mids. We have Valente, O'Driscoll, Western and Walker who are yet to debut and likely to play midfield. It would be a setback, but not crying time again.

A lot of talk about Erasmus.
Sounds like the kind of player we could really use on the list

Isn’t that incredible??
Wow. Just wow.

The grand final one isn't that surprising given the club with the number 1 pick is usually a basket case

Nah picks 13 and 16 would get you close, we could go into deficit if we needed to and I think the club would qualify for a priority pick as well. Another option would be give Cerra a certain date to decide and if he leaves we could tank. There are multiple options to get pick 2. I just want to keep our current pick at all costs so we can get JVR.
Even if we tank I doubt we get low enough for picks 1-3 with the number of games we have already won.

A lot of talk about Erasmus.
Sounds like the kind of player we could really use on the list

Yes, I like the sound of him. Playing mid, but has played forward a fair bit and could slot into that medium forward position where all we have is Sturt.

Would like to get at least 2 out of Van Rooyen, Williams and Erasmus. Will probably need to put our 2022 1st rounder on the table (assuming we can keep Cerra).

Isn’t that incredible??
Wow. Just wow.
Depends how you look at it. Bottom teams get the #1 pick so it's no surprise they don't get into a GF. Also takes probably 7 years for a player to hit peak performance, so it could be argued we're really only talking about 8 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back