List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Edmund is reporting that Ugle Hagan wants out of the Bulldogs!
Jeez that would be a story if he is traded out as the number one pick a year later..
Apparently he’s pissed off at the way he’s been treated
This is what happens when number one draft pick goes to a finals team.

I think the only way a team trade a pick #1 ever again is to secure more than one gun player from a side at once. Where usually it's just the one player, they would miss out on the second without the trade - otherwise I don't think we will see a #1 move ever again.

Maybe if a club publicly says they will get a deal done for a contracted star player and they hold pick #1.
I can see a situation where the top handful are all pretty evenly rated (eg McGrath/Tarato/McGluggage) and a team trades pick 3 and player X for pick 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the idea of getting a guy like or just get Lachie Henderson in to mentor the young back like ala Luke Hodge in brissy. Big guy with a decent kick and footy IQ and “durable”
Yes there’s hammer & Pearce but I don’t think they play enough to not look at more options down back. Cox might be out for a year if it’s like Tuckers Hami. And since Cats are probably strapped for cash would only cost a extra year to his contract to get him on board.

I like the idea of getting a guy like or just get Lachie Henderson in to mentor the young back like ala Luke Hodge in brissy. Big guy with a decent kick and footy IQ and “durable”
Yes there’s hammer & Pearce but I don’t think they play enough to not look at more options down back. Cox might be out for a year if it’s like Tuckers Hami. And since Cats are probably strapped for cash would only cost a extra year to his contract to get him on board.
There were rumours (not many though) of Hooker wanting to head back a West a year or two ago.

He'd be bloody handy.

There were rumours (not many though) of Hooker wanting to head back a West a year or two ago.

He'd be bloody handy.

I thought we made a play for him but he said no. I remember something about him even ringing Ross to let him know. Unless I am thinking about someone else.

Interesting that on SEN they said that he doesn’t mind coming to Perth.

Ugle - Hagan sounds like a First Nations WA name.
Why is he grumbling about not getting a kick. Sounds like a bit of a twat..Member that Josh simpson fellow. That was a barrel of laughs.
If he is getting any life coaching from Brendon Fevola he might not be ticking off all the boxes either 🤣

Why do I feel that Ugle Hogan is closer to a Tambling then Buddy Franklin?
We won't see someone like Buddy again for a long time. Jamarra will become a star of his own and personally I would rate him higher than Logan Mac.

We won't see someone like Buddy again for a long time. Jamarra will become a star of his own and personally I would rate him higher than Logan Mac.
McDonald isnt a good barometer. That’s low for a pick 1. Not seeing much to be mesmerised and why he’s angry to not get a kick in the top team of the comp. Bruce and Naughton are doing the job. Should zip it and work hard at VFL.

He is right to feel disappointed to not get a game, #1 picks for the last near twenty years have been the great hopes thrust into the worst side and immediately getting games.

His contract is geared around bonuses for games played, so sitting around watching for half the season is costing him a lot of missed cash opportunity.

It's just a quirk of the system that allowed the #1 pick to walk into a finals side where he had to be better than another option already in the team - it is a new and unique experience for the #1 pick.

Every other 3rd, 4th, 5th round player has lived that forever though.

First thing I would do if I was JUH is to stop taking advice from Fevola.
One of Bruce or Naughton will get injured soon anyway and he’ll get a chance then

No issues at all with the Dogs not picking him, as Taylor said that's the quirk of the number one pick going to a top 4 side however he will be an absolute gun. I have watched a couple of his VFL games and he is a freakish talent.

there is also a bit of bitterness around the dogs not taking him as part of their travelling squad.
Considering there is no VFL at the moment for him to press his case, it's a bit strange to leave the kid behind in lockdown, instead of building some chemistry with the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back