• Chad Warner

Votes: 157 67.4%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 6 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Drafted PlayerGames PlayedGoals KickedAverage GoalsTraded In PlayerGames PlayedGoals KickedAverage GoalsTraded Out PlayerGames PlayedGoals KickedAverage Goals
Matthew Pavlich3537001.98Tony Modra471483.15Paul Medhurst691081.57
Michael Walters2333561.53Jeff Farmer1312241.71Kingsley Hunter59290.49
Chris Mayne1721961.14Peter Mann77881.14Rory Lobb23251.09
Matt Taberner1241731.40Rory Lobb66791.20Abraham Winston721041.44
Justin Longmuir1391661.19Cam McCarthy49631.29Jesse Hogan611352.21
Paul Medhurst991661.68Trent Croad38601.58
Lachie Shultz901011.12Chris Tarrant72600.83
Kingsley Hunter41862.10Jesse Hogan19180.95
Jye Amiss35591.69
Abraham Winston38551.45
Josh Treacy47501.06

Source: https://australianfootball.com/clubs/most_goals/fremantle/6#

I put together a little list. Can we just stick to drafting forwards instead of trading for them.

Drafted PlayerGames PlayedGoals KickedAverage GoalsTraded In PlayerGames PlayedGoals KickedAverage GoalsTraded Out PlayerGames PlayedGoals KickedAverage Goals
Matthew Pavlich3537001.98Tony Modra471483.15Paul Medhurst691081.57
Michael Walters2333561.53Jeff Farmer1312241.71Kingsley Hunter59290.49
Chris Mayne1721961.14Peter Mann77881.14Rory Lobb23251.09
Matt Taberner1241731.40Rory Lobb66791.20Abraham Winston721041.44
Justin Longmuir1391661.19Cam McCarthy49631.29Jesse Hogan611352.21
Paul Medhurst991661.68Trent Croad38601.58
Lachie Shultz901011.12Chris Tarrant72600.83
Kingsley Hunter41862.10Jesse Hogan19180.95
Jye Amiss35591.69
Abraham Winston38551.45
Josh Treacy47501.06

Source: https://australianfootball.com/clubs/most_goals/fremantle/6#

I put together a little list. Can we just stick to drafting forwards instead of trading for them.
Where is hayden ballantyne?

Where is hayden ballantyne?

Not sure how I skipped Ballas who is third on the list.

Just adds to the fact we are better off drafting than trading in these big profile players

Hayden Ballantyne - Games Played 171, Goals 254, Avg 1.49

The Darcy and Jackson situation will work itself out, they'll find a rhythm working together. If we trade Darcy we're a serious injury to Jackson away from not having a ruckman.

What are the chances of nailing 3 x picks in the teens? We're still waiting for Sturt and Erasmus as first rounders to force their way into the team. Liam Henry was on the list years as a top ten pick before he became a regular and Amiss was a top ten pick who should have a very good career but might be dropped this week.

We have enough youth and by all reports it's a shallow draft. We've lost Cerra, Acres, Logue, Neale, etc, etc which means we've been rebuilding for almost a decade. It's time to start winning finals.
I think the draft is actually talked about as being very even (probably because of the breadth of midfield talent), without the tip top talent

You don't win premierships by just drafting. Just because you can't do something well that others do well doesn't mean you stop. Its motivation to get better at trading - nothing else imo.

Got a feeling this is pretty close to the last year we can add significant pieces for a premiership push as 18 year olds tbh. Our players drafted 4-7 years ago are starting to peak and if we want to compete whilst some older guys (Pearce, Ryan in particular) are still there we can't afford to have 18-20 year olds that are still developing imo.

That doesn't stop us adding one or two later on but three first rounders in a finals team (which we should be next year onwards) isn't going to be ideal for winning games.

I think the draft is actually talked about as being very even (probably because of the breadth of midfield talent), without the tip top talent
I don’t have any issues with this draft, the issue is we can’t wait 4 years for whoever we draft this year to reach 50 let alone 100 games. For that reason I’m all in on Warner, slots into our age bracket perfectly and is already a proven talent, we currently have 3 first round picks wallowing away at peel in Ras, Sturt and Brodie, there’s absolutely no guarantee that 3 first round picks in the teens won’t end up the same way. If we don’t land Warner I’m all for going for the best small forwards available but don’t think it would have any immediate impact on our team next year.

We need to be making sure we have enough A grade talent both drafted and traded in to cover us over a couple of compromised years, before Tasmania come in and knacker the drafts for their first few seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Chad Warner might go to the Toast. He was just on half time and said his favourite players were Judd & Cousins.

Chad is good mates with Sharp who he played with at Aquinas and East Freo. Also played with Jackson at East Freo. I noticed after the Swan a game he was very chummy with Sharp
17f97bb73ab35861817b93e0099ea0c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
e949dd5515a0c8e92d5d502121380576.jpg

Not sure what you are talking about with O'Driscoll. We traded pick 35, 46, and a future third rounder to get the O'Driscoll pick. That clearly wasn't an option for us in the 2019 draft, especially considering how hard it was to get back into that draft. GC had to trade a future pick 11 for pick 27. Brisbane traded a future second to upgrade pick 23 to pick 22. Essendon traded a future second to upgrade pick 35 to pick 30 etc.

And GC used that pick 27 which they got for that future pick 11 to get Jeremy Sharp

Because we lose as many as we keep and have been basically on record chasing McDonald. The big deals are long term to save on money.

We have space for one more big fish I reckon.

A couple of months ago Jon Ralph wrote an article saying we were one of 7 clubs with a massive war chest of salary cap space along with StK, NM, Hawks, Adelaide, Essendon & WC. Interesting that Sydney and Richmond are not on that list

Lovely. Will Brodie is only 25, turning 26.

If we're in a position to get Warner or any midfielder at that age bracket, terminate JOM's contract. Use that money from the 2 years opened up, and bring the age demographic down.

You can’t just terminate the contract and not pay him. You still have to pay. With Brodie you could possibly trade him and his $$ go with him if the other party agrees

Except your forgetting one tiny little detail….
Warner and the swans have to agree to a trade, or does everyone just forget this part and think we’re playing fantasy football?

We can put all 3 firsts , hell we could throw our future one in too , it doesn’t matter Warner isn’t coming this year and Sydney ain’t trading him
(Even if by some miracle he agreed to)

Everyone seems to think it’s simply up to freo to get the deal done and to do so we just need to keep offering more!?
It’s nauseating .

Clearly we are going after him and HAVE done previously so it’s pretty obvious we’re trying.

The fact is we’re going to have to bide our time till next year and compete with WC for his signature
So be it

It’s exactly the same as what happened with Cerra who also has one more year on his contract (Brad Hill had 2 more years when he was traded against our will). Clubs know if they leave it until a player is out of contract they will get a shitload less and don’t have the upper hand. I’d Sydney can get 2+ first rounders this year they will trade him. I’m more concerned he wants to win a premiership with them first so hopefully that will be this year

My preference would be to grab Warner but won’t be disappointed if we go to the draft with 3 first rounders.

The club are surely pouring resources into scouting this year, back them to
hit 2 out of 3.

Too early to say that no players we need will be around the mark, small forwards can rise late especially through the champs and underage finals series.

True that they may not develop in time to help the likes of Pearce and Ryan win a flag, but we are well covered for kpds and half backs coming through, so their cliff isn’t Freo’s cliff necessarily. The rest of the core are younger.

It’s exactly the same as what happened with Cerra who also has one more year on his contract (Brad Hill had 2 more years when he was traded against our will). Clubs know if they leave it until a player is out of contract they will get a shitload less and don’t have the upper hand. I’d Sydney can get 2+ first rounders this year they will trade him. I’m more concerned he wants to win a premiership with them first so hopefully that will be this year
Cerra was out of contract when he left freo.

I’m reading in a few places that we almost tempted Warner to sign for us last time he was OOC? I don’t remember that at all. Is this true?

I’m reading in a few places that we almost tempted Warner to sign for us last time he was OOC? I don’t remember that at all. Is this true?

It's not true, but it is true.

It's not true because Chad Warner has never been out of contract at Sydney, ever, not even close. Always signing a year or more out from the end of his current deal.

It's true because we did try and get him to come home then anyway.

It's why him turning down his offer from Sydney is extra significant to me, he gets things done well ahead of time.

Back