List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If reports are true that GWS will keep pick 2 and have interest in Callaghan and that we have interest in Mac Andrew, then I think he might get to us.

Ignoring bids...

1. JHF - Roos
2. Callaghan - GWS
3. Gibcus - GC
4. Rachelle - Crows
5. Ward - Hawks

We'd have pick of Hobbs, Erasmus and Andrew amongst others.

Andrew a real chance as apparently we have interest.
1 Jason Horne-Francis - North
2 Nick Daicos - Collingwood
3 Sam Darcy - Western Bulldogs
4 Finn Callaghan - GWS
5 Josh Gibcus - Gold Coast
6 Josh Rachele - Adelaide
7 Josh Ward - Hawthorn
8 Neil Erasmus - Fremantle
9 Ben Hobbs - Richmond
10 Jye Amiss - Fremantle
11 Mac Andrews - St Kilda
12 Matthew Johnson - WCE

If reports are true that GWS will keep pick 2 and have interest in Callaghan and that we have interest in Mac Andrew, then I think he might get to us.

Ignoring bids...

1. JHF - Roos
2. Callaghan - GWS
3. Gibcus - GC
4. Rachelle - Crows
5. Ward - Hawks

We'd have pick of Hobbs, Erasmus and Andrew amongst others.

Andrew a real chance as apparently we have interest.
And we may also consider trading if GWS or another club want to trade up. 15 + ? for 8 or 10. I don't expect Richmond take him at 9, but they might take Erasmus.

4 Finn Callaghan - GWS
7 Josh Ward - Hawthorn
9 Ben Hobbs - Richmond
10 Jye Amiss - Fremantle
12 Matthew Johnson - WCE
Ward has said that he doesn't go interstate. Massive red flag.

If Ward falls us, would it better to trade pick 8 to the Saints for 11 and future second or force Richmond to exchange pick 8 for 9 and 28 (30).

And we may also consider trading if GWS or another club want to trade up. 15 + ? for 8 or 10. I don't expect Richmond take him at 9, but they might take Erasmus.

Thinking I’d rather take the best two players at picks 8 and 10 tbh.

If we feel the need to get back into next year’s draft, then maybe we can make someone overpay for pick 21/22 instead.

I’d be particularly comfortable trading pick 21/22 for say a late 20s or early 30s pick and a future 2nd if we already had say Erasmus/Johnson and Amiss by then tbh. Even more so if JVR is already off the board.

Erasmus seems like a better pick than Hobbs.

Erasmus can start half forward and then transition to a Fyfe like role.

He would a better fit both short and long term.
Almost like the Fyfe draft year - he was recruited as a half forward - turned into the best midfielder we have ever had.
Erasmus is a must imo - whether we go Amiss or Andrew as well around that pick 10 - awesome…..
JVR, Bazzo or Williams at 19 - yeah boi.

4 Finn Callaghan - GWS
7 Josh Ward - Hawthorn
9 Ben Hobbs - Richmond
10 Jye Amiss - Fremantle
12 Matthew Johnson - WCE

I'd be happy with that but from what I've heard that we have interest in Andrew.

Last edited:
Thinking I’d rather take the best two players at picks 8 and 10 tbh.

If we feel the need to get back into next year’s draft, then maybe we can make someone overpay for pick 21/22 instead.

I’d be particularly comfortable trading pick 21/22 for say a late 20s or early 30s pick and a future 2nd if we already had say Erasmus/Johnson and Amiss by then tbh. Even more so if JVR is already off the board.
I reckon there will a record amount of draft night trades and many in-principle deals made already but just my feel
none will be done inside the top 10.

Mac Andrew is the big unknown and could flip the draft order. It does appear that the initial post season hype has cooled a little and he sits just outside the top 10 and the first draft trade could be St Kilda and GWS.

Also read that Leon Cameron is a massive fan of Callaghan and the reported deals they have knocked back from Gold Coast, Hawks and Richmond to get Callaghan shows their hand for mine.

For us pick 6(8) is firming for a selection between Hobbs and Erasmus. Freo would have plenty of inside knowledge on Erasmus with Hale’s coaches Brad Wira and Jason Norrish.

I'd be happy with that but from what I've heard that we have interest in Andrew.
He could be selected at 10 instead of Amiss. Then Amiss could slide.

Listening to Shifter in that mock draft he did with Twomey, his comments on Andrew were interesting. He said he hasn’t nailed down a positionand could end up a natural intercepting CHB.Going back and watching his highlights I think he is right and after filling out he could end up like Allir Allir and/or a very good ruckman. Just not sure if he is a natural forward and that could work against Freo selecting him.

Amiss was on 6PR last night. He said until coming into the East Perth system last year he played midfield. He has grown to 196cm and possibly still growing. He looks like a natural forward and Amiss has been studying the best key forwards in AFL.

Last edited:
He could be selected at 10 instead of Amiss. Then Amiss could slide.

Listening to Shifter in that mock draft he did with Twomey, his comments on Andrew were interesting. He said he hasn’t nailed down a positionand could end up a natural intercepting CHB.Going back and watching his highlights I think he is right and after filling out he could end up like Allir Allir and/or a very good ruckman. Just not sure if he is a natural forward and that could work against Freo selecting him.

Amiss was on 6PR last night. He said until coming into the East Perth system last year he played midfield. He has grown to 196cm and possibly still growing. He looks like a natural forward and Amiss has been studying the best key forwards in AFL.
Late developers are gold.

I've worried about Amiss lack of distance on kicks but is the kid is 196cm and as a late developer he may have more growth in him and may get to 200cm which makes a very different situation.

Andrew remembers me of a more skilled Nick Nat. Ruck/Forward is the hardest role to fill. Either the player is a good ruck but crap forward or crap ruck and good forward. If Andrew is ok in the forward line and is a good ruck it works. Darcy does well forward. Darcy and Andrew compo would be a good one.

How far can’t Amiss kick? Are we we talking 40m or does he just struggle beyond 50?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From highlights, about 35m is the limit but who knows in reality. He’s super accurate so that would be nice.

How far can’t Amiss kick? Are we we talking 40m or does he just struggle beyond 50?

Dropped short and touched on the line from 45m in the first state game, then didn’t try again from that range, instead passed off. Which didn’t always work. However his snap from the boundary was also from about 40 out and it sailed through, so it may just be his set shot routine is too focused on accuracy and not enough on power.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand why people say Amiss is a one trick pony. He is a very accurate set shot, can crumb really well for someone his size, he can snap them around the body, and he applies pressure and tackles. Yes there are questions on his range but that will only get better once he gets into an afl regime. This is coming from a JVR fan.

I don't understand why people say Amiss is a one trick pony. He is a very accurate set shot, can crumb really well for someone his size, he can snap them around the body, and he applies pressure and tackles. Yes there are questions on his range but that will only get better once he gets into an afl regime. This is coming from a JVR fan.
He only made 13 tackles in 15 games.

Amiss spoke about his kicking in an interview and the way he is kicking is a particular style that he has adopted.
He holds the ball low over his left leg, this is why he is so accurate but it comes at the cost of distance.

I noticed Logan Macdonald doing something similar 2 years ago only not as low.

With a decent kicking coach he should be able to sort any distance problems.

When Adem Yze was the kicking coach at Hawthorn he said he had about a dozen different
types of kick to use. Since he has been with MELB. they have improved in the kicking dept. no end.

Amiss spoke about his kicking in an interview and the way he is kicking is a particular style that he has adopted.
He holds the ball low over his left leg, this is why he is so accurate but it comes at the cost of distance.

I noticed Logan Macdonald doing something similar 2 years ago only not as low.

With a decent kicking coach he should be able to sort any distance problems.

When Adem Yze was the kicking coach at Hawthorn he said he had about a dozen different
types of kick to use. Since he has been with MELB. they have improved in the kicking dept. no end.
Yze and Mark Williams improved Langdon's kicking.

You made the comment about his tackling and pressure.

Yes his pressure is at Taberner and Lobb level.
I will be interested to see how we go under a new forwards coach.
Watching WC train under pressure kicking goals, players making space, and tackling could really turn around our low
Scoring.
Another player like Treacy wouldn’t go astray though.
The reality is that we hardly ever have 3 talls available to bring
the ball to ground, making the smalls look average.

Ward has said that he doesn't go interstate. Massive red flag.

If Ward falls us, would it better to trade pick 8 to the Saints for 11 and future second or force Richmond to exchange pick 8 for 9 and 28 (30).

Good. Have zero interest in adding another small midfielder to the mix. I wouldn't even pick Ward at 21 if he was still there for some reason. I don't think Saints or Richmond would be desperate to pick him up, especially as we should not even be entertaining the thought of selecting him. So Richmond could get him anyway if they want, and he'd be a good chance to get to the Saints if Richmond pick someone else.

4 Finn Callaghan - GWS
7 Josh Ward - Hawthorn
9 Ben Hobbs - Richmond
10 Jye Amiss - Fremantle
12 Matthew Johnson - WCE
I wouldn't let Johnson go to WCE. Take the two best mids in WA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back